Mason Mount

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Does anyone believe the story in The Sun? Have to say, I can't see him leaving Chelsea for anyone (I suppose if Lampard was at a bigger job and doing well, it would just be possible). And I have to admit, I'm not his greatest fan...

Superden

strikes me as the player we bought VDB to be, but clearly Mount is better at the moment. would be a great addition to the squad, but it seems very very unlikely.

MUFC OK

Mount is a great player but cant see him leaving Chelsea.

I'd be keeping an eye on Maddison's contract too (expires 2024), he's gone up a level this year though could just be a burst in form ahead of the world cup. His set pieces are an asset too and has performed despite Leicester's struggles.

Judas

Open to offers
He’s a brave English lion, what’s there not to like. I for one have always loved him and always always been certain on what he actually does.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Really good player. But can’t see why he’d leave Chelsea right now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its one of those stupid left-field rumours you hear every summer.
Nothing in it.

Mainoldo

Close thread. Non of this Harry Maguire rubbish round here.

OverratedOpinion

If we sign an attacking midfielder or someone who plays off the left then I will lose my mind.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd be keeping an eye on Maddison's contract too (expires 2024), he's gone up a level this year though could just be a burst in form ahead of the world cup. His set pieces are an asset too and has performed despite Leicester's struggles.
I think he's really gone on the radar this season -- he went from overrated back down to underrated. I do think he's a little inflexible as to where he plays though - he seems like an out and out no.10

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mount is Chelsea fan, Chelsea has no reason to sell him like Barcelona on De Jong, and Mount has no reason to pick playing under Ten Hag over other managers. This is 100% bullshit.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Does anyone believe the story in The Sun? Have to say, I can't see him leaving Chelsea for anyone (I suppose if Lampard was at a bigger job and doing well, it would just be possible). And I have to admit, I'm not his greatest fan...
Its laughable. First, Chelsea would never sell a key home grown asset. Second, they must think Ten hag an idiot, to expect him to seek attacking midfielders that our squad has enough of rather than a natural 6 or natural holding midfielder.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd take Gallagher over him any day. You Chelsea people here, will Gallagher be properly involved for you next season? He'd be a cracking signing for us.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'd take Gallagher over him any day. You Chelsea people here, will Gallagher be properly involved for you next season? He'd be a cracking signing for us.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Makes 100% sense. Who is going to miss out? Mount?
Unlikely. Unless something drastic happens with him, Mount is probably one of the players whose position in the team is the most secure. I think Gallagher will be in direct competition with Kante and Kovacic, both of whom are kinda injury prone.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Unlikely. Unless something drastic happens with him, Mount is probably one of the players whose position in the team is the most secure. I think Gallagher will be in direct competition with Kante and Kovacic, both of whom are kinda injury prone.
I thought if you'd get a proper #9 in you might be playing Havertz just off him so Mount would be shunted out wide right or slugging it out for a midfield spot against what I think looks like a more complete player in Gallagher. I can see why the Kante rumours started off then.

I hope for the lad's sake he'll play in your first XI as he really looks too good (toyed with us in that last game of the season) to be just a squad player.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Mount is Chelsea fan, Chelsea has no reason to sell him like Barcelona on De Jong, and Mount has no reason to pick playing under Ten Hag over other managers. This is 100% bullshit.
He's actually not. He's a Portsmouth fan, talked about it many interviews and goes nuts when he scores against Southampton!

Coops73

Where does this madness come from now? Never going to happen.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We lack quality in CM and RW so at the moment he could probably get a game as first choice quite easily. One would hope that in a year or two that won't be the case though and he'd be back to being a squad player, so I can't see him being particularly keen on the move really.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's actually not. He's a Portsmouth fan, talked about it many interviews and goes nuts when he scores against Southampton!
wow didn't know that since I was expecting him to be Chelsea fan as he grew up with Rice when they were kids.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
wow didn't know that since I was expecting him to be Chelsea fan as he grew up with Rice when they were kids.
He's been at Chelsea since he was 7 or 8 so he's obviously gonna have a connection but he's always said that he's a Portsmouth fan first and foremost.

I remember him being asked who his favourite player was as a kid and the interviewer was expecting "Lampard" or ""Drogba" but his answer was Andres Delessandro (I've botched that spelling but can't be bothered to check).

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Don't want. Id fear he would become the classic england number 10/AM after a good start to his career.

Just like Lingard,the Ox,Barkley,Dele Alli etc.

Abraxas

I really like him as a player. Technically good, contributes good numbers, works hard. Complete non-starter though

youmeletsfly

Whatever happens I really hope we stay away from English trash players for quite a while, Mount and Maddison included.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's been at Chelsea since he was 7 or 8 so he's obviously gonna have a connection but he's always said that he's a Portsmouth fan first and foremost.

I remember him being asked who his favourite player was as a kid and the interviewer was expecting "Lampard" or ""Drogba" but his answer was Andres Delessandro (I've botched that spelling but can't be bothered to check).
What a player he was. That was a wild time for Pompey.