Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

I don’t rate him, nor do we have an opening in his preferred position.

acnumber9

We already got rid of our own Jesse Lingard. I’m not sure we need Chelsea’s worse version.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’d rather shit in my hands and clap

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why leave their bench to sit on our bench? I’d imagine he either wants a massive pay rise or playing time. If we’ve got any sense we’d offer him neither.

Nickosaur

Never really rated him tbh. Good player but far better players out there.

atkar83

He started so many England games and I don't remember him doing a single thing of note. Yes, I can't wait to have that impact in Manchester red.

RuudTom83

If Mount's management are already reaching for the "United-links" card then his contract negotiations can't be going well.

tomaldinho1

If Mount's management are already reaching for the "United-links" card then his contract negotiations can't be going well.
This exactly. Isn’t he an absolutely die hard Chelsea fan as well - no way he’s moving.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Don't get it with Mount but I've learnt to trust managers who have a set system to get the players they want/need for that system. If I was a utd fan I would just back what the manager wants, think this is a load of rubbish though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's that? your player wants a new contract? quick, link him to United!

BerryBerryShrew

In spite of the fact that I trust our current board (under EtH guidance) more than our Woody led one, I still get an uneasy sense that there might be something in these links to us. I hope I'm wrong and that it's just the PTSD talking.

jesperjaap

Bit harsh the comments on here I feel.He is a very good player even though I agree on some of the comments of "there being better out there"....also his England form has sod all to do with anything.

Thing is, he is a number 10 when we already have one in Fernandes, another who isnt playing there in Eriksen and some good young talent suited there as well. We dont need a number 10 just like we dont need to sign a left winger.

Still sick that Chelsea have blown a colossal fee on Enzo though, that is exactly what our side needs bar the obvious striker situation

PoTMS

He's average as feck. I would take him only as a backup squad player but the daft cnut wants £300k a week. Let him go to Liverpool.

As for me, never will I surrender to the taliban. United & British till I die. No shit £300k for Mount would ever cause me to forget who I am.

NoPace

A laughable link. Isn't a Ten Hag player at all!
Not sure about that. Is he really that different than someone like Berghuis, who did well under Ten Hag? Moves well off the ball, fairly productive, bit meh overall 2 out of every 3 times you see him then he gets the ball in good positions the other game and he looks a fairly quality #10? Berghuis strikes a ball cleaner but Mount is more consistent and bit better defensively from what I've seen of Berghuis.

Don't see why we'd make him a top 10 earner though. If he wants that kind of money, it's probably Newcastle, Saudi Arabia or not paying taxes in Italy or Spain (is that still how it works?).

If we didn't have Eriksen in the squad and were desperate for cover for Bruno then I could see it, but again you don't pay 250K a week for a backup #10.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s a decent/good player, but that’s as far as it goes. Never in a million years worth the kind of salary he wants.

daveskimufc

I've never really got the hype with mount, he works hard, but what does he do, I couldn't even tell you his preferred position, or more to the point where he would fit in with us??

Status
Not open for further replies.