Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeh1991

Really not convinced by him.. especially since he is too offensive to be a CM. I hope this is not true..

Idxomer

That's only recently. He was a regular and rated highly under Rangnick, Ole and Mourinho. In fact, ETH chose McTominay and kept Casemiro out of the initial games till that wretched City game when it became apparent.
McTominay only played regularly under Ole and Rangnick.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
It doesn't make sense to buy both Rice and Mount. Bruno and Rice are guaranteed starters, so where does that leave Mount? It's good to have squad players who can play a number of positions but I'm not a fan of buying squad players. You buy starters and the players they replace become squadies.

Mainoldo

It doesn't make sense to buy both Rice and Mount. Bruno and Rice are guaranteed starters, so where does that leave Mount? It's good to have squad players who can play a number of positions but I'm not a fan of buying squad players. You buy starters and the players they replace become squadies.
Nobody thinks like this but us. It makes perfect sense to sign them both as both Bruno and Casemiro should be optional for rotation.

With the Champions league in mind I expect Casemiro to be used effectively considering his age.

So it makes perfect sense.

Kaos

So are targets are seemingly Mount, Rice and Kane? Have we hired Southgate as DoF? Are we also going to put in a cheeky bid for Sterling?

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Nobody thinks like this but us. It makes perfect sense to sign them both as both Bruno and Casemiro should be optional for rotation.

With the Champions league in mind I expect Casemiro to be used effectively considering his age.

So it makes perfect sense.
Bruno doesn't do rotation :D

Lecland07

That's only recently. He was a regular and rated highly under Rangnick, Ole and Mourinho. In fact, ETH chose McTominay and kept Casemiro out of the initial games till that wretched City game when it became apparent.
I think people overstate how much Mourinho rated him. He actually barely played in that last season: 251 minutes out of 990 minutes. It shows that Mourinho would have shifted him out eventually.

Ten Hag has probably concluded we need better.

ScarleyUtd

:lol: He will now!! I think he needs it too. He’s been out of air the last couple of weeks.
Yes and I think not being a guaranteed starter it may also give him some focus. Love Bruno, but lately he's been a bit too erratic/loose.

demetre

He's not a world-beater but he's still a decent player. If you can convince Chelsea to sell him for $30-40m that would be good business in my opinion.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We have to prioritize our alarming needs, ST, CM and GK, Mount is neither of those.
He's a CAM and we have already 2. Let's just stop thinking we are going to make decent players world class, unfortunately for us in the last years it's been the other way around.

Chief123

McTominay was never going to be first choice over Casemiro. ETH wanted to ease Casemiro in. However, Mctominay was playing well at the time and ETH even commented when asked about casemiro that it would be unfair to take Mctominay out at the time to be replaced by Case because it sends the wrong message to the squad. He had to wait for a game for Mctominay to play poorly to justify taking him out.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
He'll be a very good back up to the trio behind the number 9. Problem is, we have other needs in the first 11 that needs to be resolved first. Also, anything more than £45m is a no no.

Zed 101

He’s not the better player though. Which is the top clubs prefer him.
Would argue that Maddison has been brilliant at times this season, consistently good or better performances in a team that is underperforming, whereas Mount has not been that good in a team full of quality,

I don't know about which clubs prefer, this is what I prefer... I think Maddison is the better player and also fits our needs better as covers the width of the pitch whereas Mount occupies the left where we have Rashford and Garnacho....

if we were offered either for the same price, my answer would be Maddison hands down, all day long and twice on a sunday

cpresc

great back up option for Bruno and best mates with Rice who could be on his way too

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Would argue that Maddison has been brilliant at times this season, consistently good or better performances in a team that is underperforming, whereas Mount has not been that good in a team full of quality,

I don't know about which clubs prefer, this is what I prefer... I think Maddison is the better player and also fits our needs better as covers the width of the pitch whereas Mount occupies the left where we have Rashford and Garnacho....

if we were offered either for the same price, my answer would be Maddison hands down, all day long and twice on a sunday
ETH wanted to sign Mount at Ajax back then so he obviously has some knowledge of what he expected and wanted in Mount’s ability. In comparison to Maddison’s profile, Mount probably fits ETH’s profile due to higher work rate and his intelligence on and off the ball. ETH loves player like this. Not just ETH, it seems lot of managers love player like Thomas Muller.

HarryP

Positive signs on this yesterday reading into Lampard's pre match interview on Sky. He was asked about Mount and spoke about the situation for a couple of minutes and gave virtually no indication that there's much hope of him staying at Chelsea. He basically confirmed that he's leaving as things stand.

RickG19

They absolutely don’t. They treat the ball like hot potato and they’re far from the only ones. The only players we have genuine composure on the ball are Shaw and Martinez
They are in positions where they need to make a quick pass.

Bags of composure, as you saw last night

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They are in positions where they need to make a quick pass.

Bags of composure, as you saw last night
Composure last night? We were split open in midfield and had 41% possession at home! They’re mega talented players but they very much suit a redactive counter attacking style of football. High octane stuff. Not quite what I’d call composed.

jackal&hyde

I don't get all the hate he gets online as far as quality goes. He was one of the most talented players at Chelsea just one or two years ago. As far as a type of player goes, very high technical ability, high mobility, seems to me like the perfect ETH player. Much more suited then Rice or similar players. I would love to have him here.

Stacks

As an Englishman, Mount always appeared one of the most average players in our national squad and I hated seeing him start as I expected nout. To see my club potentially drop 70 mill for him makes me sick

Apokalips

As an Englishman, Mount always appeared one of the most average players in our national squad and I hated seeing him start as I expected nout. To see my club potentially drop 70 mill for him makes me sick
Bro I doubt we'd drop 70 on him, but then again we did drop 80 on Harold!

jackal&hyde

Yes but so did Rashford while Maguire looked good. The England NT should have 0 weight on the value of a player. England did not value Scholes ffs, the most talented midfielder in modern history for England.

crossy1686

career ending
Really not excited at the prospect of signing Mount and I can't imagine he's a player Ten Hag wants because he's hardly played this season so he can't of watched him closely. Reeks of "Mason Mount's available and he fancies it, what do you reckon?" instead of searching for a player that will fit the way we want to play and working on getting him to move.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't get all the hate he gets online as far as quality goes. He was one of the most talented players at Chelsea just one or two years ago. As far as a type of player goes, very high technical ability, high mobility, seems to me like the perfect ETH player. Much more suited then Rice or similar players. I would love to have him here.
Mount is not about playing 1 position in this ‘world class’ way that the fans have analyzed.

He is a player that can play multiple positions at once.

Mount can play LW/LAM/False 9/RAM/RW, CAM, LCM, RCM and arguably as a secondary CDM as well.

Just because we start a game with a 433 doesn’t mean have to play the whole 90 mins stuck in those positions.

If Ten Hag sees the opposition RB giving space/ getting tired then soon as he sees it he can utelize Mount’s flexibility to stop playing as a CAM and start playing as a secondary LW to target the space together with Rashford. This is why the fans are surprised seeing Wan Bissaka on the left yesterday - because ten Hag uses his runs and positions to target a particular tactic of an attack.

If he wants to stop playing 433 and play a 352 then he can use Mount as a temporary double sitter before he decides to switch the formation back in to a 4231 - all dependent on Mount’s positions.

I never rated him but the managers love him and I’m starting to see why. He gives flexibility, giving us the ability to have a temporary extra player to change our tactics, formation and targets with the different flexible positioning of Mount.

He is going to be amazing under Ten Hag and apparently he has always wanted to manage him.

Last edited:

HarryP

Good to know you think you know better than elite managers like Klopp, Ten Hag, Tuchel and Arteta.

The lack of self awareness in this place boggles the mind at times.

Andy_Cole

Good to know you think you know better than elite managers like Klopp, Ten Hag, Tuchel and Arteta.

The lack of self awareness in this place boggles the mind at times.
Don’t you suck off Glazers? Don’t think many listen to your posts.

Gazautd18

Mount is not about playing 1 position in this ‘world class’ way that the fans have analyzed.

Mount can play LW/LAM/False 9/RAM/RW, CAM, LCM, RCM and arguably as a secondary CDM as well.

Just because we start a game with a 433 doesn’t mean have to play the whole 90 mins stuck in those positions.

If Ten Hag sees the opposition RB giving space/ getting tired then soon as he sees it he can utelize Mount’s flexibility to stop playing as a CAM and start playing as a secondary LW to target the space together with Rashford. This is why the fans are surprised seeing Wan Bissaka on the left yesterday - because ten Hag uses his runs and positions to target a particular tactic of an attack.

If he wants to stop playing 433 and play a 352 then he can use Mount as a temporary double sitter before he decides to switch the formation back in to a 4231 - all dependent on Mount’s positions.

I never rated him but the managers love him and I’m starting to see why. He gives flexibility, giving us the ability to have a temporary extra player to change our tactics, formation and targets with the different flexible positioning of Mount.

He is going to be amazing under Ten Hag and apparently he has always wanted to manage him.
For the price quoted I was not to keen on this transfer but this is a sensible take.

jackal&hyde

I agree.

People focuss on the wrong things IMO. What has ETH decided on thus far? Eriksen in the middle. Only seldom used McTom and Fred was used as a hound dog for the press and little else.

To me it's clear ETH wants a technical nr 8, both naturally talented and high energy. Mount is just that. 24 yo, gifted, high energy, just perfect IMO. With a mid of Casemiro, Mount and Bruno you have the natural talent to play rings around most if not all oppositions.

jackal&hyde

Really not excited at the prospect of signing Mount and I can't imagine he's a player Ten Hag wants because he's hardly played this season so he can't of watched him closely. Reeks of "Mason Mount's available and he fancies it, what do you reckon?" instead of searching for a player that will fit the way we want to play and working on getting him to move.
The bold part makes no sense. Why can't ETH know a player unless it's this last season? I think it's much more about the type of player he wants rather then this/last seasons performance.

croadyman

Yeah the fact he can play in so many different positions is a real asset,still wouldn't want us paying more than €55m though

Dempsey19

I would rather opt for Maddison when Leicester get relegated
I would rather sign Lee Mason to play instead of Mason Mount ffs. What a terrible signing it would be, can't even make a terrible Chelsea side. Signing rejects.

Abraxas

I think he makes more sense than Maddison. They're not very similar. Maddison strikes me as a bit old school, more like the old number 10 even though he can play wide too. He seems to float around. He has undoubted quality, his creation and ability to bag a goal is very good, but he only seems switched on when the ball is at his feet. There was a time when Leicester were routinely subbing him later in games as he doesn't run particularly hard or press.

If ETH wants Mount it's probably for some tactical reasons and for a particular profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.