Gaming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That's why I've always figured they would have to do something ME:1...ME:2 and 3 are very similar gameplay wise, so to have one that's totally different (and not in a good way) would be weird.

Having said that, reworking it totally would be like creating a while new game... I imagine they'll just implement a cover and change the power wheel.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah it is understandable a ME1 remaster would be a real pain. And there’s no way they could’ve recreated what made ME3 MP special.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hopefully they've replaced the final boss (Marauder Shields). Someone on Reddit said that the ending hasn't changed except for adding cut content, and they had to scrap their original endgame, so I'm hopeful.

AaronRedDevil

It would be pretty great if they completely changed the end to ME3 and Shepherd is still alive.

Cloud7

I'm probably in a minority but I quite enjoyed the unlimited ammo in ME1, and did find it a bit annoying when they changed to an ammo system in ME2 :lol: (Yes I know what the canon explanation is but in essence it was just an ammo system being put in)

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I hope they don't change ME1 too much.

I think mostly due to Cyberpunk release that this got pushed to next year Q1. But EA hasn't yet acknowledged it's existence right?

Reiver

I think mostly due to Cyberpunk release that this got pushed to next year Q1. But EA hasn't yet acknowledged it's existence right?
Dont think so. Some screenshots of hastily removed pre-order webpages and ongoing rumours.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Even if they'll change a lot, Saren will still be best villain since Donkey Kong.

If they'll add more to exploration planets with Mako, then it could even improve the already huge sci-fi classic.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Only played the first one and don’t have Xbox anymore, so I’d be thrilled for a remaster if it’s on PlayStation (which it should, considering Andormeda was).

KOTOR 1 is my favorite game of all time, and to me ME was like a spiritual successor. I want this remaster so bad.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
No ME3 multiplayer is a shame. It was fantastic. Strange too because it had lootboxes and EA aren't one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Even if they'll change a lot, Saren will still be best villain since Donkey Kong.

If they'll add more to exploration planets with Mako, then it could even improve the already huge sci-fi classic.
ME 2 Illusive man was also great although not sure if you can classify him as villian.

So many memories with this one. That final mission in ME2 was epic. Shephard's speech alongwith that music. I hope EA doesn't feck this up. This will be day 1 purchase for me but little concerned that not a single teaser is out considering it was supposed to release in October

Tiber

Only played the first one and don’t have Xbox anymore, so I’d be thrilled for a remaster if it’s on PlayStation (which it should, considering Andormeda was).

KOTOR 1 is my favorite game of all time, and to me ME was like a spiritual successor. I want this remaster so bad.
You would like my stairs!

Still can't believe I was allowed to hang those in the hall!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
ME 2 Illusive man was also great although not sure if you can classify him as villian.

So many memories with this one. That final mission in ME2 was epic. Shephard's speech alongwith that music. I hope EA doesn't feck this up. This will be day 1 purchase for me but little concerned that not a single teaser is out considering it was supposed to release in October
Hype as feck. Got goosebumps the first time I played it and it kicked in...

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Illusive man was a bit fanatical, his corruption progressed slowly but imo he turned into a villain in the end.

They don't even have to add new things to ME2, with it's all DLC's was pretty much complete package, especially when they added hovering car chase and vehicle to explore some planets. They remaster everything these days and they'll definitely want to release entire trilogy, especially after Andromeda...

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
You would like my stairs!

Still can't believe I was allowed to hang those in the hall!
Revan :drool:

Disney really needs to make a TV series or movie out of the first game.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm probably in a minority but I quite enjoyed the unlimited ammo in ME1, and did find it a bit annoying when they changed to an ammo system in ME2 :lol: (Yes I know what the canon explanation is but in essence it was just an ammo system being put in)
I found the gameplay of ME1 the best too. I guess it was cause it felt more RPG, with the shooting skills not mattering that much (unlike in the other two, when if you are good at shooting, you just kill everyone).

Revan

Assumptionman
I love KotOR, but story-wise KotOR2 is much better. Much better villains too.
It isn't much better to be fair. It has the same exact game mechanics (which to me is a huge minus cause you need to refresh things a bit in every game), and the story is not complete.

I would argue that it has better writing though (Chris Avellone is the best writer in history of video games), but his work was cut short. The Kreia = Arran Kae = Briane's mother bit was such an amazing Easter Egg in the game.

As an overall package, the first game is better though, and it feels much more Star Warsy, which is why it is so much more famous and beloved. Also, Revan > Exile, plus arguably the biggest twist on any video game (though Kotor 2 has good twists too).

evil_geko

Same, I liked the weapon heat system and gameplay in first one much better than ammo in later ones.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Mass Effect -> while AI is terrible like in every game in the series, gameplay is superior. Enemies actually use talents, they don't just shoot. You get sabotaged, damped, overloaded, warped and thrown. Snipers easily one-shot you. Krogans and racchni are actually scary, and can easily kill you when they charge at you. And can't easily destroy them when they use immunity and fast regen as wlel. In two and three, there's nothing like that, just shooting and more shooting. And with terrible AI like in every game in the series, 2 and 3 are really easy.

Easy and simplified, guess that sells.

EDIT: There's also way too many "easy" and "easily" words in this post. I apologize.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They won't change any of the voices. This isn't a remake.

Also female Shep's much better than male Shep.
Just play around with the audio recordings and make him really high pitch or something at least. His voice was so emotionless it made me want him to die

Cloud7

I found the gameplay of ME1 the best too. I guess it was cause it felt more RPG, with the shooting skills not mattering that much (unlike in the other two, when if you are good at shooting, you just kill everyone).
Yeah that's it really. ME1 felt like an RPG with some shooter elements, 2 and 3 felt like shooters with some RPG elements. That being said, ME2 was still the best of the lot for me, and one of the best games I've ever played.

Irwin99

Mass Effect 2 blew my mind when i first played it. Weirdly though I just didn't get on well with 1 or 3 when I tried them later. They were both good but just didn't give me the same wow factor. I think I just connected with the characters of 2 more.

Tiber

Mass Effect 2 blew my mind when i first played it. Weirdly though I just didn't get on well with 1 or 3 when I tried them later. They were both good but just didn't give me the same wow factor. I think I just connected with the characters of 2 more.
Miranda is my soul mate

I saw this thread was bumped and got very excited :(

jackal&hyde

Are they that old that they need remastered editions? Never got to finish them but it's on my to do list, after i finish Baldur's Gate 2, so 5 years probably.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Are they that old that they need remastered editions? Never got to finish them but it's on my to do list, after i finish Baldur's Gate 2, so 5 years probably.
2 and 3 probably still hold up well and need more of a visual update than anything. 1 is seriously outdated at this point. It was even pretty shoddy at launch for visuals and combat.

I'd suspect 1 will get a pretty big overhaul and 2 and 3 probably updated graphics and not much else.