Gaming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

Wing Attack Plan R

Looking back, they made such a mistake with the tone of ME3. The player is constantly told Earth is being ravaged, millions are dying daily but side quests include fetch quests for artifacts and pissing about on The Citadel.
The entire continent has been destroyed - would you mind delivering a letter to my wife on a distant planet? It's her birthday and I forgot to buy flowers.

I think the fetch quests were just a way to see how OCD their player base really was. I spent hours upon hours upon hours...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Years ago, I spent half my time on Skyrim trying to force my character up cliffs, when anyone sensible would find the proper route.

Now here I am gradually forcing the Mako over a mountain. I think I may have an issue with patience.
Surely trying to pogo up steep cliffs is the proper way to get around in Skyrim?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Do people even pick Ashley or Kaidan in the first game for squads? Can't stand either of them. Neither of them haven't moved from the ship since I got Garrus, Tali, Wrex and Liara.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Do people even pick Ashley or Kaidan in the first game for squads? Can't stand either of them. Neither of them haven't moved from the ship since I got Garrus, Tali, Wrex and Liara.
Kaidan is one of the most useful squad members. He has the tech skills to unlock stuff and can supplement it with biotics. He’d be on my squad every time I didn’t know what enemies I would be facing if he wasn’t so boring.

Bebe

Ashley gets some work since I like going combat heavy if I'm not sure what enemy types I'll be facing. But I'm finding it difficult to depart from my old favourites Garrus and Wrex.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm forcing myself to take Kaidan, because I've never used him, but he's just such a boring cnut. Wrex and Garrus is where it's at. My Shepard doesn't need romance anyway. He can use space tinder in his downtime.

Tiber

I basically play the entire series with Garrus, Wrex, Grunt, Mordin and Javik.

Minkaro

I’ve got Kaidan in mine now, just because I’m going for that Sabotage trophy, so spamming it with him and Garrus.

Otherwise I’d be rotating between the aliens.

BristolRuss

I’ve got Kaidan in mine now, just because I’m going for that Sabotage trophy, so spamming it with him and Garrus.

If you're just after the trophy/achievement then you can cheese it by spamming it on one of the fast travel terminals on the citadel. Save beforehand, use the skill and then reload and spam again. It's much quicker than waiting for the cooldown on the skills. The only two it doesn't work on I believe are ai hacking and neural shock. The later can be spammed on the mako though.

Minkaro

If you're just after the trophy/achievement then you can cheese it by spamming it on one of the fast travel terminals on the citadel. Save beforehand, use the skill and then reload and spam again. It's much quicker than waiting for the cooldown on the skills. The only two it doesn't work on I believe are ai hacking and neural shock. The later can be spammed on the mako though.
Oh shit, I’d better start focusing on AI hacking then. Tali’s getting unleashed on some poor Geth.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

Got most of the trophies very fast. For AI hacking there is a side quest were you have to go onto 3 different stations all beside each other. Inside each there are robot things flying around. Keep doing them there and die on purpose. And repeat

Kaos

I picked Ashley the first time round but regretted it after she outed herself as being a bit of a space racist, So she can stay on Virmire this time round :)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Finished the first as an Engineer. Think I'll change it up for 2, but not sure to what. Is soldier fun?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Finished the first as an Engineer. Think I'll change it up for 2, but not sure to what. Is soldier fun?
Getting rid of the weapons restrictions kind of reduces the incentive to play soldier past ME1. For a weapons build, I’d look at Infiltrator (if you like sniping) or Vanguard (if you’re a shotgun to the face type of guy). Those two were both really improved in 2. Soldier would just be running around with an assault rifle and grenades, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but the Sentinel is the better tank in 2.

Biotic combos start in 2 so even though the base powers aren’t OP anymore the Adept can be fun, but you have to bring someone to deal with shields.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Getting rid of the weapons restrictions kind of reduces the incentive to play soldier past ME1. For a weapons build, I’d look at Infiltrator (if you like sniping) or Vanguard (if you’re a shotgun to the face type of guy). Those two were both really improved in 2. Soldier would just be running around with an assault rifle and grenades, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but the Sentinel is the better tank in 2.

Biotic combos start in 2 so even though the base powers aren’t OP anymore the Adept can be fun, but you have to bring someone to deal with shields.
I played both Infiltrator and Vanguard back when the game first came out. Think I'll go for a sentinel or biotic. I'll just bring Tali along.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Doing the vanilla run first. Vanguard, Paragon, Liara romance.

Will do Sentinel/Engineer, Renegade and Jack down the road.

Minkaro

I remember when I first played it, I did paragon first. Then on my renegade run I felt so bad about being mean to Tali :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I've tried going full renegade but I just can't, so it's more of a mix now. As long as I have enough intimidate to save Wrex I'm happy anyway.

Tiber

I usually just play Solider. But I have noticed in Mass Effect 1 there are so many chests and PCs I can't access - I tend to play with Wrex/Garrus/Liarra who aren't helpful with such things

Might have made a mistake with class. Can't remember if this is as big an issue in 2 and 3.

Massive Spanner

I usually just play Solider. But I have noticed in Mass Effect 1 there are so many chests and PCs I can't access - I tend to play with Wrex/Garrus/Liarra who aren't helpful with such things

Might have made a mistake with class. Can't remember if this is as big an issue in 2 and 3.
You should bring Tali then. She can max out all the stuff required to open chests and such.

Massive Spanner

Yea but I pick companions more for their personality. In the next game I will use Mordin a lot so he might help
Tali is awesome!

I always used to default to Garrus and Liara as they were my favourites but I've switched it up to Wrex and Tali for something a bit different. They work well with my sentinel Shepherd. Playing on hard and it's still not.. hard. Probably should've picked insanity.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
You should bring Tali then. She can max out all the stuff required to open chests and such.
I had Tali and another with no tech XP and still couldnt open items. So I need her and another tech character like Garrus or generic human bloke

Tiber

Tali is awesome!

I always used to default to Garrus and Liara as they were my favourites but I've switched it up to Wrex and Tali for something a bit different. They work well with my sentinel Shepherd. Playing on hard and it's still not.. hard. Probably should've picked insanity.
I prefer this Tali who is currently sitting over there > :

Tiber

When you had the choice of saving Legion (Geth) or Tali, which way did you go?

Team Geth!
On my first ever play through I didn't even realise that Legion was a companion so let Cerberus take him :(

I also made some 'creative' choices in the final team mission

Revan

Assumptionman
I used Ashley a lot when I played the game. It was mostly her, Liara, and Wrex as my crewmates.

In the second game, I think I used mostly Miranda, Garrus, Jack, and Thane.

In the third, it was Garrus and Ashley, with Liara at times.

However, in all three games, I try to use the other characters too at times, just to unlock dialogues and stuff like that. However, there are a few I really disliked: Kaidan in the first game, Jacob in the second, and Vega in the third.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Garrus can open anything by himself. Just take decryption and electronics to the third triangle, I think it’s like 9 points.
I had Tali and another with no tech XP and still couldnt open items. So I need her and another tech character like Garrus or generic human bloke
Same with Tali, except you should probably just max them out.

I put points into that stuff early same as I do Shepard’s convo talents. Having all options open to you makes the game flow smother; you’ll be a bit light in combat skills early on but that just adds to the challenge.

Tiber

Garrus can open anything by himself. Just take decryption and electronics to the third triangle, I think it’s like 9 points.

Same with Tali, except you should probably just max them out.

I put points into that stuff early same as I do Shepard’s convo talents. Having all options open to you makes the game flow smother; you’ll be a bit light in combat skills early on but that just adds to the challenge.
I usually just auto level up the companions, will need to pay more attention then

Shark

@NotShark
I've been auto leveling companions also. Forgot how much time flies when playing Mass Effect and I'm still on the first one. Really not able for all nighters anymore on a weekday.