Gaming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The step up in gameplay between 1 and 2 is much bigger than I remember. God 2 is good when coming directly from 1.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Just finished the second game. Wow.

Blown away, the effects of your decisions throughout the game is so clear, never seen a game do it like that.

Minkaro

The credits song on ME1 is an absolute banger, as probably nobody says anymore.

That ending level has some incredible cutscenes too.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just finished the second game. Wow.

Blown away, the effects of your decisions throughout the game is so clear, never seen a game do it like that.
ME2 is one of my favorite all games I've ever played. Pretty sure I played it about five or six times when it first came out. Such a good game with so many different ways to go with the story/character. I'm enjoying ME1 but I'm kind of pushing myself through as fast as possible to get to 2.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m having the worst luck with light armor and pistols in ME1. It’s like the game is conspiring against my Adept. I had the same lame armor for like half the game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I swear I will not romance Miranda this time around, but the leather body suit always gets me.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Can't you just buy some good stuff at the C-sec vendor?
If he has good stuff, he’s not releasing it. I am traveling back and forth to the Citadel after missions but that gets old after a while. I’ve bought one shotgun off him and any licenses available and that’s probably about it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If he has good stuff, he’s not releasing it. I am traveling back and forth to the Citadel after missions but that gets old after a while. I’ve bought one shotgun off him and any licenses available and that’s probably about it.
Hmm, I didnt check back a lot, just at the end where he sells really expensive level X stuff. I got metric tonnes of pistols and armours and everything though. Are you doing all the side stuff? There's so much loot. To a point that the terrible menu makes it a huge chore to sell everything.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I thought the inventory was unlimited but I got a notification saying I had 250 items and the limit is 300 so I had to sell stuff, which was annoying because I'm a terrible hoarder in games.

AaronRedDevil

I’m not the only one that knocks out the reporter right? It’s gotta be a tradition.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Hmm, I didnt check back a lot, just at the end where he sells really expensive level X stuff. I got metric tonnes of pistols and armours and everything though. Are you doing all the side stuff? There's so much loot. To a point that the terrible menu makes it a huge chore to sell everything.
I’m doing all the side quests. I maxed out my credits. But still cool light armor eludes me.

Tiber

The step up in gameplay between 1 and 2 is much bigger than I remember. God 2 is good when coming directly from 1.
It was an even bigger gap before the remake, they improved the gameplay of ME1 quite significantly

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Does anyone ever decide to kill Wrex on Virmire? Seems like such an unappealing choice to me.

Tiber

I only have 3 achievements left in ME1. 'Finish the game' and 'convince someone to make an impossible choice' - both are obvious.

But "Complete the majority of the game" is a bit vague. Think I have done every side mission (that I have found) aside from a couple of those "find 20 metals" quests. Do you have to do virtually every side mission/codex entry?

Minkaro

I only have 3 achievements left in ME1. 'Finish the game' and 'convince someone to make an impossible choice' - both are obvious.

But "Complete the majority of the game" is a bit vague. Think I have done every side mission (that I have found) aside from a couple of those "find 20 metals" quests. Do you have to do virtually every side mission/codex entry?
It’s not all of them. I know I never found all the metals or rare elements. I think I’d done about 45 side quests.

I got as far as having Ilos be the last mission, and then just went round every system seeing if anything would pop up for me to do.

The trophy popped for me doing a side quest on Asteroid X57. I think there are a load of Citadel side quests that I missed though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Not really, I got the achievement after doing all side quests bar the minerals stuff when I was on the citadel before going to Ilos.

Tiber

Does any game have a more satisfying dialogue choice?

Tiber

That was fun! ME1 always had terrible gameplay compared to the other two, but this has improved a bit on the new version. Though QOL things like the inventory management and not being able to see which systems you have already explored is maddening.

But the story has always been wonderful! Was a pleasure to play through it again - even if I spent quite a bit of it looking forward to 2 and 3.

Also nice to get the plat.

I was intending to do every side quest anyway (you never know who will pop up in 2 and 3) so the only thing I had to farm was some of the more obscure companion abilities

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

Might’ve missed some of the Citadel stuff? I got that achievement when I got to Virmire or just before that.

Siorac

I forgot how fantastic the music is. Just walking around the Normandy is great because of it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
ME1 down and platinumed.

Talked Saren into shooting himself and thought that was it. I forgot Sovereign just zombifies him for a boss fight.

Now for the best game, ME2! There is so much of it to play too.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
ME1 down and platinumed.

Talked Saren into shooting himself and thought that was it. I forgot Sovereign just zombifies him for a boss fight.

Now for the best game, ME2! There is so much of it to play too.
Just started ME 2 as well. Omega :drool:

AaronRedDevil

Just finished Virmire? Picked Ashley over Kaiden because he’s a boring fecker, even though Ash is a total bitch. And gladly didn’t off my favourite Krogan.
Accidentally put myself in a relationship with Ashley. Feck! I wanted Tali!

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Just finished Virmire? Picked Ashley over Kaiden because he’s a boring fecker, even though Ash is a total bitch. And gladly didn’t off my favourite Krogan.
Accidentally put myself in a relationship with Ashley. Feck! I wanted Tali!
You can't romance Tali in the first. Pretty sure Ashley and Liara are the only options.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Finished 1 and started 2. I'm pretty certain that the intro with Miranda and the Illusive Man was different. Seem to remember Miranda saying something about Shep's actions in the first game but instead there's just a wee awkward pause before Martin Sheen's false teeth start gabbing away.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The gameplay is night and day with ME2, so much better. Looks fantastic too.

A small thing but I was always annoyed how the casual gear for walking around the ship was Cerberus branded or some shitty overalls but they've added the cool N7 hoodie from ME3 into ME2. Nice.

Minkaro

If the next game isn’t based entirely around Thane and his past as an assassin, then honestly BioWare don’t deserve my money or my respect.

I’d forgotten how much I liked him.