Gaming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

nimic

something nice
Scout
:lol: I’m no gaming god: I’m the worst of the off-forum RedCaf team if anything. And I wasn’t trying to gatekeep with my previous statement, which was tongue in cheek. I just found your previous remark dismissive, as though I was aggrandizing myself by recommending a harder difficulty. I honestly think people would have more fun with these games in particular if they push their limits a bit.
Fair enough.

Apollo.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Everything I've seen from widely popular games like this suggests that the vast majority of people play on normal or lower difficulty settings. Hardcore isn't even the "hard" setting, it's the "very hard" setting. Clearly you're just a gaming god who is finding it hard to relate to the inadequacies of regular gamers.

Edit: here's an example from Hearts of Iron 4 by Paradox. Grand strategy is much more of a niche than third person shooter, so if anything you would expect the smaller, more dedicated audience to lead to more people playing on higher difficulties than most types of games. This isn't even % of people, it's % of total games played, meaning it's skewed in favour of super-dedicated players, who tend to play on higher difficulties.

I don't disagree with your point at all but I don't think a grand strategy game is the best example, as there are far more interesting ways to make things more difficult without changing the actual difficulty setting.

If you want a challenge on Hearts of Iron you do something wacky like try to turn Canada fascist and launch a ground invasion of the US in support of the axis powers, if you want a challenge on Crusader Kings you try to conquer the world as Mali, while attempting to make your reformed animist faith the dominant world religion. You probably don't just stick it on 'veteran' and play another game as the Byzantines.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm a vanguard on ME2 insanity and it's bastard hard but I've done Jacob's loyalty mission and took barrier as my bonus power so that's making it far more manageable.

Also, pointless trivia; Samara is voiced by Billie Eilish's mother.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I played all these games on the hardest difficulty back in the PS3... The bits with the collectors, particularly in ME2 was an absolute feck on.

It was a fun challenge, but not one I'm interested in having this time around.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How does this run on ps5? Tempted to get it but also I bought my PS5 for next gen games.

Siorac

How does this run on ps5? Tempted to get it but also I bought my PS5 for next gen games.
I had one crash - right in the middle of the Saren fight at the Citadel so that was annoying - but apart from that, no complaints. Smooth and good-looking, for a remaster. I'm playing on 'performance' mode, which might be called something else (prefer framerate or something like that).

Siorac

:lol: I’m no gaming god: I’m the worst of the off-forum RedCaf team if anything. And I wasn’t trying to gatekeep with my previous statement, which was tongue in cheek. I just found your previous remark dismissive, as though I was aggrandizing myself by recommending a harder difficulty. I honestly think people would have more fun with these games in particular if they push their limits a bit.
And my original point was that Mass Effect's gameplay is simply not interesting enough to make higher difficulties worthwhile or fun. It's not like a Souls game where it's indeed fun to push your own limits, not least because there are usually countless ways to tackle a situation. ME is a bit limited.

Speaking of which, ME2 annoys me a little bit. It didn't bother me back in the day but now it feels so restrictive that all my tech and biotic powers share a cooldown. ME1 was more fun with using different powers on every enemy.

Also, I miss being able to actually compare weapons. My character is a Sentinel so I can't use assault rifles, shotguns, or sniper rifles and I don't know which of them should my companions use. So I just give them weapons at random.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Finished 1 as an engineer, 2 as a soldier and started 3 as a biotic. Im having trouble immersing myself into Shepard being a biotic though, it seems wrong.

By the way, should I also play Andromeda? I never took the plunge due to the bad reviews, but now that im into it again anyway..

Bebe

And my original point was that Mass Effect's gameplay is simply not interesting enough to make higher difficulties worthwhile or fun. It's not like a Souls game where it's indeed fun to push your own limits, not least because there are usually countless ways to tackle a situation. ME is a bit limited.

Speaking of which, ME2 annoys me a little bit. It didn't bother me back in the day but now it feels so restrictive that all my tech and biotic powers share a cooldown. ME1 was more fun with using different powers on every enemy.

Also, I miss being able to actually compare weapons. My character is a Sentinel so I can't use assault rifles, shotguns, or sniper rifles and I don't know which of them should my companions use. So I just give them weapons at random.
The loss of this makes me so damn sad.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
ME2 is still so good, timeless game.

I don't mind the shared cooldown. It forces me to use my companions abilities and really think about who to bring along with me for the best balance. That's a lot more than can be said about ME1 where I never bothered with my companions at all.

Siorac

ME2 is still so good, timeless game.

I don't mind the shared cooldown. It forces me to use my companions abilities and really think about who to bring along with me for the best balance. That's a lot more than can be said about ME1 where I never bothered with my companions at all.
In ME1 I brought the companions I liked best, and we unleashed hell on enemies with all the different powers all the time. Yeah, it could get a bit OP - but who cares, it's a single player game and it was fun.

In ME2, I'm forced to cower in cover (hah) all the time and plinking away at enemy heads while waiting for cooldowns to finish. I can't believe I'm saying this but it feels a backward step in terms of gameplay in the legendary edition.

Siorac

Finished 1 as an engineer, 2 as a soldier and started 3 as a biotic. Im having trouble immersing myself into Shepard being a biotic though, it seems wrong.

By the way, should I also play Andromeda? I never took the plunge due to the bad reviews, but now that im into it again anyway..
I found Andromeda to be distinctly average. It's a competent game, and its gameplay is probably better than any of the original trilogy but it's just so damn unimaginative. You end up crossing to another galaxy and guess what? You start off on a rocky desert planet, basically Tatooine. The aliens are humanoids in slightly different colours and they seem totally unfazed by your galaxy-spanning trip. 'Oh you come from the Milky Way? That's cool I guess but our hydroponics farm is leaking, could you take a look?'

The premise had so much potential and they massively wasted it, in my opinion. Full disclosure though: I haven't finished it so it's possible that the story picks up and delivers a thriller in the end but the first 20 hours or so were a letdown for me.

AaronRedDevil

Playing ME3 at the moment. But there’s some things I wish they got rid of for ME 1 & 2. Got rid of the stupid fatigue thing. Best soldier they have can run for 3 seconds. And the weapons restriction. In ME2 you don’t get the automatic Avenger till the Collector mission.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Andromeda definitely gets a lot better later on. From what I remember, the first two planets are easily the worst and most bland in the game, which was seriously poor design. I also agree with Siorac that the story lacks the magic of the trilogy and the companions are quite bland in comparison. I do think it's still a good game if you manage to get past the poor start, though, and the combat is great.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I found Andromeda to be distinctly average. It's a competent game, and its gameplay is probably better than any of the original trilogy but it's just so damn unimaginative. You end up crossing to another galaxy and guess what? You start off on a rocky desert planet, basically Tatooine. The aliens are humanoids in slightly different colours and they seem totally unfazed by your galaxy-spanning trip. 'Oh you come from the Milky Way? That's cool I guess but our hydroponics farm is leaking, could you take a look?'

The premise had so much potential and they massively wasted it, in my opinion. Full disclosure though: I haven't finished it so it's possible that the story picks up and delivers a thriller in the end but the first 20 hours or so were a letdown for me.
Andromeda definitely gets a lot better later on. From what I remember, the first two planets are easily the worst and most bland in the game, which was seriously poor design. I also agree with Siorac that the story lacks the magic of the trilogy and the companions are quite bland in comparison. I do think it's still a good game if you manage to get past the poor start, though, and the combat is great.
Thanks guys. Think I'll give it a go if I still feel like more Mass Effect after I beat 3.

AaronRedDevil

Ffs Im always crashing Everytime I start the Omega DLC. The scene after I meet Aria in the car. It Keeps crashing when I go into the loading screen. Tried playing a few missions after that and it still happens.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
3 seems quite a bit harder on veteran (or is it hardcore?) difficulty than 1 and 2. Enemies suddenly do a lot of damage and throw grenades and shit.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I gotta do the Reaper IFF mission earlier in other playthroughs. Legion is great and I hate having him for only a couple of missions.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I gotta do the Reaper IFF mission earlier in other playthroughs. Legion is great and I hate having him for only a couple of missions.
I always leave that until I’ve done everything else. Fairly certain it triggers something soon after you get it which creates a time sensitive suicide mission.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I always leave that until I’ve done everything else. Fairly certain it triggers something soon after you get it which creates a time sensitive suicide mission.
It does and it's a very finicky timer. You can do two missions maximum but if you only have one left (Legion's loyalty) it will trigger after that.

But I'm not that bothered about Kelly and the crew so in future playthroughs they're getting sacrificed so I can play most of the game with Legion.

I like Chakwas but she doesn't even turn up in ME3.

Bebe

It does and it's a very finicky timer. You can do two missions maximum but if you only have one left (Legion's loyalty) it will trigger after that.

But I'm not that bothered about Kelly and the crew so in future playthroughs they're getting sacrificed so I can play most of the game with Legion.

I like Chakwas but she doesn't even turn up in ME3.
I can't remember how or when but I'm pretty sure she was in ME3

Balljy

I can't remember how or when but I'm pretty sure she was in ME3
Yes, that's true

You get to choose whether you take Chakwas or Michel as the doctor on the Normandy in ME3 Chakwas can die in ME2 which is probably why there's a choice.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Yes, that's true

You get to choose whether you take Chakwas or Michel as the doctor on the Normandy in ME3 Chakwas can die in ME2 which is probably why there's a choice.
I'm trying to remember what happened in my playthrough years ago but I think I got an email from her saying she was too busy helping the casualties on Earth or something. I'll find out when I start ME3.

Also, you should've been able to have a fling with Chakwas, she's a fox.

AaronRedDevil

Spoilers…..Finished the trilogy 2 days ago. Still as good as I remember it. Amazing games they are.

ME1 is great because of the mystery of it all. Introducing brilliant characters like Wrex, Garrus, Tali, Liara. Didn’t realise how much 1 had compared to the other games. More weapons and more exploration. The Mako felt better to drive too. This game was so ahead of it’s time. the Paragon/Renegade plays a proper part in the story and makes it matter towards the end, Paragon/Renegade thing barely plays a part in the rest of the trilogy. Only when you have to knock out the news reporter, which is what you absolute have to do. Saren was a really good villain in this. 9/10

ME2 probably has the best character development in the series. Liara becomes the shadow broker, she’s grown a lot from the last time and turned her into a powerhouse, only downside is that she’s not really in the squad for this game other the on the DLC. Garrus is the Archangel and his personality has improved a lot to make him a lovable character and loyal the end. Wrex is the leader of his race and still a badass. Tali’s story in this is the most interesting and compelling imo. You find out a lot about her people and her father. I picked her as the love interest for the rest. Always found her more interesting. This game has the most characters to pick from the trilogy. Samara, Legion, Miranda, Jacob, Jack, Kasumi, Mordin, Thane, Zaeed, Grunt. Each one had a personal mission and showed everything you needed to know about them. The exploration is very little in this one along with the weapons. The citadel was only a tiny part of this now. Seems like they cut off a lot of the content that should have been in it. The illusive man is a cool villain for the-rest of the series. The story is a bit empty for this one, find your crew, do their personal missions and then do the suicide mission. 8/10

After finishing it, it’s clear to me that ME3 is the best one imo. Gameplay has improved a lot and there’s no fatigue crap. Going to the home worlds of Asari, Turians and Quarians was great to see and even better when you bring your love interest with you (Tali all the way). The whole game felt like a race against time. Finding all your decisions playing the part to the final readiness of the war. The exploration was a bit better then ME2 and more weapons came back into it. So many great moments with a lot of characters and taking on the reapers finally. Thane and Mordin made a massive impact to the story and it was emotional. Lot of satisfaction killing Kai Leng that piece of shit! Also the DLC for this game was brilliant. Adding Aria to your squad to help her take back Omega was fun. The Leviathan DLC was the biggest one for the story IMO. They really should have added them in from the start, they are a massive threat to the reapers and after you convince them, they don’t really show up again. And finally the Citidel DLC is probably the best DLC ever made. Just a great premise and so many funny moments with all the characters throughout the trilogy coming into it and joining the fight again. Thane funeral, Mordins last words left for sheperd and then the glorious party and banter between all the squad. Only thing that hurts this one is that stupid last few minutes. They had a golden opportunity to maybe recreate the ending for the better and for some reason they didn’t. Giving the outrage at the time, it’s really surprising they didn’t try to right that wrong. Other then that. Bloody great journey. 9/10.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Mordin is the best character. The Reaper threat is the story but the whole Genophage plot across the three games in fantastic.

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

AaronRedDevil

Mordin is the best character. The Reaper threat is the story but the whole Genophage plot across the three games in fantastic.

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

And then the singing made it worse:(

Minkaro

Actually, I’m going to paste a post I made on another site.

Mass Effect: a bit good, innit?

Yesterday I finished the Legendary Edition of the trilogy, and I want to talk about this series.

I know everyone and their space hamster has done a “Mass Effect is a bit good, innit?” post (ooh, there’s a post title), and I’m not being original at all, but I’m doing this anyway. I’m going to be vague about in game details, so this is spoiler free.

Back in 2010, I closed down Football Manager, and said to myself “self, you can’t just use Steam to play Football Manager, there’s other games out there.” So I went to the store, and saw something called Mass Effect for about £3. I like sci-fi, and at that price I thought I’d give it a go.

Pretty quickly, short sessions on Mass Effect turned into hours, as I immersed myself in the universe. I went, as we all have, to these planets, met all sorts of people and aliens, and loved every second of it. Mass Effect 2 came out shortly after, and it was an instant buy. So was 3.

I mentioned the immersion into the ME universe, and for me it’s the main reason I love this series. Most of the time I’ll play a game to the credits, and then it’s onto the next thing. With Mass Effect, I scoured the codex, I ordered the spin-off books, I’ve even got the art book, and I’ve never done that before. It’s such a wonderful fleshed out universe that I just wanted to spend as much time with it as I could. My collection is by no means complete…yet.

Throughout the series, I grew to care about the characters. Not just the squad, but random npcs. I wanted to know if that girl at the docking area would find her parents (and the turian clearly not knowing what to say, but just being there for her because he knew she was scared and needed it). I was genuinely upset when an NPC that I’d met for a few seconds died. I love the idea that there’s so much going on around you, and even more that you can’t see. I love how in depth it all is.

The Normandy became like a home, the characters like friends. To the extent that trying to follow up an initial paragon play with a renegade one was a real challenge because what sort of a monster can be mean to Tali? I know we all have different opinions on the squad members, and to be honest I couldn’t really give a solitary crap about James, but Tali? Liara? Garrus? Wrex? Grunt? Joker? Thane? Those are my spacebros. That list wasn’t over, I just don’t have time to write all the names. Also shoutout to the voice actors, not just for those characters, but throughout the series. Lance Henricksen, Keith David and Martin Sheen all bring gravitas to their roles, and they’re the highlights, but I think everyone does a superb job.

Anyway, I fell in love with Mass Effect, but with a move to console gaming, and not actually owning the right console, I drifted away from the series. Then the Legendary Edition was announced. I moved to preorder it so fast, I made Usain Bolt look like a sloth. A dead sloth. It came, and I heard that menu music, and I just sat back in my chair and closed my eyes, as all those old feelings came flooding back.

All over again, I laughed, smiled, cried, gasped, punched the air, and let this beautiful, incredible universe envelop me. I felt that nostalgia as I came across scenarios I remembered, and reacted to the ones I didn’t. Most importantly, I remembered why I name Mass Effect as my all time favourite game series. I also liked Andromeda, but this isn’t about that.

Again, I know I’m not being original with any of this, and you’re probably wondering if you can renegade interrupt a post to shut me up, but I just love this series so much (like we all do), and I wanted to express it.

I’m going to start a new game and do it all over again (still not being mean to Tali). I’m going to try and add to my spinoff collection too. Thank you for putting up with my rambling, if you haven’t scrolled away.

AaronRedDevil

Actually, I’m going to paste a post I made on another site.

Mass Effect: a bit good, innit?

Yesterday I finished the Legendary Edition of the trilogy, and I want to talk about this series.

I know everyone and their space hamster has done a “Mass Effect is a bit good, innit?” post (ooh, there’s a post title), and I’m not being original at all, but I’m doing this anyway. I’m going to be vague about in game details, so this is spoiler free.

Back in 2010, I closed down Football Manager, and said to myself “self, you can’t just use Steam to play Football Manager, there’s other games out there.” So I went to the store, and saw something called Mass Effect for about £3. I like sci-fi, and at that price I thought I’d give it a go.

Pretty quickly, short sessions on Mass Effect turned into hours, as I immersed myself in the universe. I went, as we all have, to these planets, met all sorts of people and aliens, and loved every second of it. Mass Effect 2 came out shortly after, and it was an instant buy. So was 3.

I mentioned the immersion into the ME universe, and for me it’s the main reason I love this series. Most of the time I’ll play a game to the credits, and then it’s onto the next thing. With Mass Effect, I scoured the codex, I ordered the spin-off books, I’ve even got the art book, and I’ve never done that before. It’s such a wonderful fleshed out universe that I just wanted to spend as much time with it as I could. My collection is by no means complete…yet.

Throughout the series, I grew to care about the characters. Not just the squad, but random npcs. I wanted to know if that girl at the docking area would find her parents (and the turian clearly not knowing what to say, but just being there for her because he knew she was scared and needed it). I was genuinely upset when an NPC that I’d met for a few seconds died. I love the idea that there’s so much going on around you, and even more that you can’t see. I love how in depth it all is.

The Normandy became like a home, the characters like friends. To the extent that trying to follow up an initial paragon play with a renegade one was a real challenge because what sort of a monster can be mean to Tali? I know we all have different opinions on the squad members, and to be honest I couldn’t really give a solitary crap about James, but Tali? Liara? Garrus? Wrex? Grunt? Joker? Thane? Those are my spacebros. That list wasn’t over, I just don’t have time to write all the names. Also shoutout to the voice actors, not just for those characters, but throughout the series. Lance Henricksen, Keith David and Martin Sheen all bring gravitas to their roles, and they’re the highlights, but I think everyone does a superb job.

Anyway, I fell in love with Mass Effect, but with a move to console gaming, and not actually owning the right console, I drifted away from the series. Then the Legendary Edition was announced. I moved to preorder it so fast, I made Usain Bolt look like a sloth. A dead sloth. It came, and I heard that menu music, and I just sat back in my chair and closed my eyes, as all those old feelings came flooding back.

All over again, I laughed, smiled, cried, gasped, punched the air, and let this beautiful, incredible universe envelop me. I felt that nostalgia as I came across scenarios I remembered, and reacted to the ones I didn’t. Most importantly, I remembered why I name Mass Effect as my all time favourite game series. I also liked Andromeda, but this isn’t about that.

Again, I know I’m not being original with any of this, and you’re probably wondering if you can renegade interrupt a post to shut me up, but I just love this series so much (like we all do), and I wanted to express it.

I’m going to start a new game and do it all over again (still not being mean to Tali). I’m going to try and add to my spinoff collection too. Thank you for putting up with my rambling, if you haven’t scrolled away.
Felt the same. Literally just 3 post above you I meant that. Friend introduced to ME and it was just before ME3 came out. Fell in love with it all over again with the legendary edition. I was like Garrus!! Tali! Liara! Wrex! When they showed up again. Pure emotional attachment to these characters. Like they were my own family. Every fecking character I just love. Except Ashley, feck her. :lol:. Masterpiece of a trilogy.
I’m currently playing a second play through as Renegade and let’s just say all that’s left is Liara, Edi and James :lol:. Morinthe, Grunt, Jacob and Mordin are the only ones left. I’m a monster.
I will just collapse from excitement when ME 4 gets a proper trailer.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Finished the trilogy and still need some Mass Effect. Started Andromeda, feck me they weren't kidding about the facial animations. Why are they so bad :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Felt the same. Literally just 3 post above you I meant that. Friend introduced to ME and it was just before ME3 came out. Fell in love with it all over again with the legendary edition. I was like Garrus!! Tali! Liara! Wrex! When they showed up again. Pure emotional attachment to these characters. Like they were my own family. Every fecking character I just love. Except Ashley, feck her. :lol:. Masterpiece of a trilogy.
I’m currently playing a second play through as Renegade and let’s just say all that’s left is Liara, Edi and James :lol:. Morinthe, Grunt, Jacob and Mordin are the only ones left. I’m a monster.
I will just collapse from excitement when ME 4 gets a proper trailer.
When Wrex sees you in ME2 for the first time and is like "SHEPARD! MY FRIEND!" I got a warm fuzzy feeling. I love these characters.

I said I was gonna do a renegade run after this but I can't. Keeping Wrex and Krogan sterilised, killing Mordin and the worst crime of all...being mean to Tali; I just can't do it.

AaronRedDevil

When Wrex sees you in ME2 for the first time and is like "SHEPARD! MY FRIEND!" I got a warm fuzzy feeling. I love these characters.

I said I was gonna do a renegade run after this but I can't. Keeping Wrex and Krogan sterilised, killing Mordin and the worst crime of all...being mean to Tali; I just can't do it.
I felt horrible through the whole damn game. The suicide mission was just a Trainwreck and somehow convince mordin not to go through with it. I didn't know I could do that. Thought I'd have to shoot him in the back or let him be sabotaged. Thank god I didn't do that. I couldn't take that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Finally finished it all. Ending is still a bit meh to me. I picked control. Think that's the sort of good ending right?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Finally finished it all. Ending is still a bit meh to me. I picked control. Think that's the sort of good ending right?
Not in my opinion. I always go with destroy. Sorry EDI and Geth but feck the Reapers.

Always destroy was originally the only ending in which Shepard was teased to still be alive.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Just finished ME3 for the first time since it came out. That's the trilogy done again, but with the added benefit of the Leviathan and Citadel DLCs as well as the extended ending scenes.

It's just so much better. Good God the original ending was a massive downer. For those that are lucky enough not have experienced it, put yourself in these shoes;
1) Time to retake Ear-HOLY SHIT THE ENTIRE GALAXY COMING THROUGH THE MASS RELAY HOLY FECKING SHIT THIS IS EPIC AS FECK HOLY SHIT FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

2) Okay, cool. Getting ready to retake Earth now. Got my boys Javik and Garrus with me to play Pin the Biotics on the Husk. Got to help these soldiers. Oh, Steve is hurt. Nah, he's alright. Cool. I like Steve.

3) Downtime. Talk to everyone. Really feels like it's the end. Tell Miranda she's got an amazing arse. Need to get back to that arse when all of this is over.

4) Fighting Time again! Ready to blast some fools. You get a Shockwave, you get a Throw. You can get fecked. Time to set up the targeting system against this Reaper.

5) Fight a couple of waves of enemies. Reaper dies. Ok. Cool. Where's the boss fight though? Oh, Harbinger! There we go!

6) Run towards the big light! Don't know why but ok. Everyone dies. Garrus and Javik are dead?! What the feck?!?!

7) Shepard is the only one who hasn't been turned to dust. Oh but he's been shot. Is he dead now?

8) No, he's not dead. What the feck is going on? How the feck is he talking to Anderson? Why is Anderson even here? Oh, shit! They're doing an indoctrination thing here!

9) No they're not. Anderson is here somehow. Now he's dead. FFS.

10) Starchild. Everything gets blown up. Normandy gets blown up. Now it's not blown up. Garrus and Javik are still alive somehow. Even though the entire galaxy just exploded. Now I'm being told to buy DLC. Go feck yourself EA.
At least the ending now makes some sort of sense. Still don't know why they didn't just take the Destroy ending and make it a single decision that really made you question how willing you were to sacrifice sentient machine life instead of the arbitrary "everyone does multiple endings so why not us?" crap.

I would play it again but I actually feel strangely depressed. I know in my head that my Shep found Miranda again and they lived on the moon for another 100 years, and they found a backup of EDI still on the Normandy so Joker was able to make Carry On jokes with her until the end of time, but I want more Mass Effect now.

Reiver

Finished ME and working my way through ME2. Playing both on Insanity difficulty. Bloody hell there's a real step up in difficulty between the 2 games, much more than I remember.
ME2 is superior in many ways - graphically and mission design to name just 2 ways - but, right now, I probably prefer the first game, although I couldn't really say why.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
By the way, who the feck decided to put Kai Leng in. Worst, most out of place character in gaming history.

AaronRedDevil

By the way, who the feck decided to put Kai Leng in. Worst, most out of place character in gaming history.
To give us a Satisfying moment with the payback :drool:. But yeah it just felt out of place with everything going on.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Apparently he's got a lot of backstory in a couple of the Mass Effect books, which nobody has any interest in reading. But he's meant to be this guy who keeps failing but ends up becoming more and more machine every time. Like Nebula but without the decent acting.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The Citadel DLC is just a joy. Mordin's audio logs are fantastic.

"I had broken Omega's number one rule.....in more ways than one."

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Finished ME and working my way through ME2. Playing both on Insanity difficulty. Bloody hell there's a real step up in difficulty between the 2 games, much more than I remember.
ME2 is superior in many ways - graphically and mission design to name just 2 ways - but, right now, I probably prefer the first game, although I couldn't really say why.
ME1 is definitely better than I remember it. I only played that once but replayed ME2 loads of times when it first came out. It might be that the story is more focused on the galactic threat in 1, whereas ME2's best content is based around loyalty missions instead of the main story. You only really have about four or five main interactions with the Collectors and the reapers are in the background. ME3 was a lot of fun to play as well. The combat is fantastic.