Gaming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I hope this is decent as I’ve never played any of the games so it would be great to jump in fresh for the first time on updated versions.

AaronRedDevil

This might be the first time ever I’ve had actual chills seeing that trailer. I can’t wait!

Kaos

I'm still reserving my hype and expecting the worst. This is no longer the Ray Muzyka/Greg Zeschuk/Casey Hudson BioWare. As far as I'm concerned this is the same husk of a EA-fied studio that brought us spectacular failures like Anthem and Andromeda, so my expectations are set low.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Surely it be that difficult to set a story in space? With all the different worlds /races/lore etc already established?

I say this despite only one of four of the games actually having a good main story...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m holding out about as much hope for the next ME and DA being great as I am United winning the Prem and Europa this season.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm gonna buck the trend here and say it'll be good. Be just like old times.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm still reserving my hype and expecting the worst. This is no longer the Ray Muzyka/Greg Zeschuk/Casey Hudson BioWare. As far as I'm concerned this is the same husk of a EA-fied studio that brought us spectacular failures like Anthem and Andromeda, so my expectations are set low.
Unfortunately feel the same. Without Hudson (executive producer) and Karpyshyn (lead writer), I just do not see how this is gonna me real Mass Effect.

Still excited for the remastered version of the trilogy though.

Bojan11

Bojan11

Damn man you got my hopes up too.
Is there sequel in the works for Andromeda?
Yeah, but it looks to be set after ME3.

Wouldn't get too excited about it though as Casey Hudson has left again. He was the lead director for the first three games.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
One can only hope not, they should just scrap that dumpster fire from ME canon.
It was a disappointing reboot to be fair. I enjoyed the game, despite all its faults. Ie wouldn't mind a sequel but another reboot might do it more justice.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
When's the remaster out. I've been itching to play them again, but playing ME 1 on an ultra wide moniter is a bit wonky and I threw out my PS3 ages ago.

Irwin99

To my shame, I can never remember the name of that lizard guy assassin in 2. I remember playing as a female Shepard and he and I had....relations :p

ME2 had such a cool cast.

Minkaro

To my shame, I can never remember the name of that lizard guy assassin in 2. I remember playing as a female Shepard and he and I had....relations :p

ME2 had such a cool cast.
Thane Krios! Great character.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
This is the release that will finally make me buy the new XBOX. Probably my favourite game series ever.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This game died for me when I accidentally got Garus killed. I think he got carried away by a load of flying things and I was proper gutted that it was because I sent him out there.

Bojan11

First, some specifics. The Mass Effect trilogy's Legendary Edition includes 4K support and HDR compatibility, plus 60 FPS on PC and consoles from PS4 Pro/Xbox One Series X forwards. On PC, it adds support for controllers and 21:9 widescreen displays. As expected, all three games and all single-player DLCs are included. There's no multiplayer mode, no additional story elements, and no version (yet) for Nintendo Switch.

Mass Effect 1, by far the most dated-looking of the trilogy, has undergone a particularly extensive rework, with dramatic improvements to some of its environments. The results on planets such as Eden Prime, Ilos and Feros look on first impression far closer to a full remake. ME1 has also seen other tweaks, including fan-requested improvements to the Mako vehicle's often wildly-erratic driving experience, various combat changes and much faster Citadel lifts (thank goodness). Elvis is a thieving prick.

Gameplay changes to ME2 and ME3 sound relatively minimal, though there's a whole list of differences to remove "friction" from ME1. Aim assist adds adhesion to keep you locked onto enemies, while a "zoom snap" will flick your focus onto a target when aiming. Each ME1 gun has been balanced and given an individual feel similar to those found in later games. The Mako has been given a speed boost and updated physics, while the game's hidden loading screens in lifts have been drastically cut down in length. Comparison footage of a ride up to the Citadel's Presidium level lasts just 14 seconds in the Legendary Edition, down from 52 seconds in the original.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...re-talks-trilogy-tweaks-and-franchise-revival