Gaming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

Balljy

It's £39.99 at CDKeys on PC for anyone interested. That's persuaded me to get it now.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

Got my digital copy 8 hours ago on Series S. Maybe I'll just play this instead of watching 11 men flap at a football and call it 'defending'.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'm really torn on this one. Obviously, there are loads of people saying it's a good trilogy, and seeing as I've never played any of them this does seem like a good chance to jump in. The issue I'm facing is that the gameplay does look pretty awful and if that doesn't hold my attention I could end up never playing it. The sensible thing to do would be to wait for a sale but I'm also an impatient fool who has a bad habit of buying games I don't need. I'm leaning towards forcing myself not to buy purely because the gunplay looks a hard sell.

AaronRedDevil

I'm really torn on this one. Obviously, there are loads of people saying it's a good trilogy, and seeing as I've never played any of them this does seem like a good chance to jump in. The issue I'm facing is that the gameplay does look pretty awful and if that doesn't hold my attention I could end up never playing it. The sensible thing to do would be to wait for a sale but I'm also an impatient fool who has a bad habit of buying games I don't need. I'm leaning towards forcing myself not to buy purely because the gunplay looks a hard sell.
This trilogy is a masterpiece. Buying it simply won’t be a mistake. The gameplay is pretty good after the first one. Plus the story is a massive strong point for the game.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
ME1's gameplay is a bit shit but ME2 and especially ME3 improve in a massive way. The guns and powers feel great.

However, you'll need to get through 20-30 hours to feel the improvement in the sequels.

TrustInJanuzaj

ME1's gameplay is a bit shit but ME2 and especially ME3 improve in a massive way. The guns and powers feel great.

However, you'll need to get through 20-30 hours to feel the improvement in the sequels.
Honestly, that is my worry, that's not an insignificant amount of time. It kind of reminds me of when I tried to play the Uncharted games and despite trying three times I just cannot for the life of me get into or through Uncharted 1 which means I've never pushed onto the others. Maybe the overall story and characters could get me hooked and keep me playing. Very much on the fence.

TrustInJanuzaj

This trilogy is a masterpiece. Buying it simply won’t be a mistake. The gameplay is pretty good after the first one. Plus the story is a massive strong point for the game.
Temptation is very real. £60 is quite steep especially when I bought Returnal 2 weeks ago for £70 :lol:. My addiction isn't gaming, it's buying the bloody things and then not finishing them.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Honestly, that is my worry, that's not an insignificant amount of time. It kind of reminds me of when I tried to play the Uncharted games and despite trying three times I just cannot for the life of me get into or through Uncharted 1 which means I've never pushed onto the others. Maybe the overall story and characters could get me hooked and keep me playing. Very much on the fence.
Playing a maniac Vanguard in 2-3 is some of the most fun I’ve had in combat in an RPG. Gunplay while still not up to par should be improved in 1, though I contend the most fun is still an Adept which was sort of broken. You can blast your way through the first with guns being almost an afterthought once you develop your powers.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I was the same, just skip and play Uncharted 4. It’s absolutely phenomenal and not to be missed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not really a big fan of the ME series but I genuinely don't think it's ages enough for any genuine excitement. Remakes like RE2 now that's genuinely something big imo.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Not really a big fan of the ME series but I genuinely don't think it's ages enough for any genuine excitement. Remakes like RE2 now that's genuinely something big imo.
Then you don't understand. It's one of my favourite series ever so getting to play the whole thing again with nice visual and combat upgrades that fix some of the biggest problems is amazing for me!

Siorac

I'm itching to play this again but I'm in the middle of Hades and that game has a serious 'just one more run' effect. So I keep telling myself that the trilogy will need a couple of patches anyway for bugfixes.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm itching to play this again but I'm in the middle of Hades and that game has a serious 'just one more run' effect. So I keep telling myself that the trilogy will need a couple of patches anyway for bugfixes.
It seems pretty smooth (the first, anyway) from what reviewers have said so far, apart from a few issues with the lighting, but that's to be expected. Considering 2 and 3 needed much less work you'd assume they'll be fine too.

EA are pretty damn good with remasters in fairness.

Go on, do it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sensitive bunch :lol:

The Brunette was pretty hot I'll give you that. Miranda I think.

RedMist99

Couldn't resist. Squeezed in a couple of hours 00:00 -02:00 this morning. Regretting it now as my 6 month old was up at 06:00!

ME1 looks great though. Easily my favourite in the series and can't wait to spend more time in the universe

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What class did everyone pick? I'm a male warhero engineer. I always go paragon, since even in a game I'm to nice to be a cnut :(

RedMist99

What class did everyone pick? I'm a male warhero engineer. I always go paragon, since even in a game I'm to nice to be a cnut :(
I really like having a balanced team for combat, biotics and tech and my favourite squad mates are Tali and Liara. That leaves me as soldier which I'm more than happy to do for ME1.

I'll switch class when I get to ME2

TrustInJanuzaj

Right I’ve gone for it. Got nothing to do this weekend so I can give it a good chance. I’ll hate you all if its crap!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Is this only good for fans of the series? Or can a newbie try it?

Jagga7

I never played the originals, going to try them now. Can only imagine how long it will take me to finish all 3.