Gaming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've been extra dumb with it lately. Mostly though It's because I've been looking for a new game for us to try on the discord server, but still it's oddly more fun sometimes getting sale deals than playing the games themselves. It's kind of like when you scroll through Netflix and never end up watching anything because you've done that for 2 hours!

Yeah the characters all look fun too.
I was just a bit disappointed in the drop off from 0 to Kiwami. In 0 I was floored by it all. Kiwami became a bit of a drag half way through so I left it.

Bebe

So far 1 feels great and looks far more improved visually than I was expecting. Loving it, and even enjoying the combat (well, more than I did on the original)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I was just a bit disappointed in the drop off from 0 to Kiwami. In 0 I was floored by it all. Kiwami became a bit of a drag half way through so I left it.
Yeah I was starting 1, but the Mrs and @mazhar13 suggested 0 first because of the storyline so I went with their advice.

Chances are I won't actually finish any knowing me though, but since I'm doing them just for the story I might actually get through a couple even if it takes me a year :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The gameplay is a load of old rubbish that's for sure. Not a bad option for the story if that's your thing, with the spruced up graphics looking quite nice. But the combat is just terrible - easy, lacking variety, lacking any kind of interesting mechanics, just sitting behind walls. I would not have got this if I'd played the originals, not a chance at all.
Combat really improves in the second and third games

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think they've done as good a job as they could have with 1 without doing a full blown remake. It looks less dated and the combat feels tolerable enough to make it worth doing to progress the story.

Bebe

Mako controls differently...but still feels annoying and unpredictable on any slight angle. At least aiming works now.

Massive Spanner

I hate the menus etc, so dated. Do they improve in 2 and 3?
Pretty much everything gameplay related improves massively in 2 and 3.

1 has the best story, dialogue and lore, that's about it.

Oh and some people will harp on about the RPG elements being way better and it being a better actual RPG but don't mind them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm really enjoying playing through 1 again, which is quite amazing, since the gameplay is quite bad. The repetitive side quests aren't stellar either, but meh, I like it. Kind of forget how much the series evolved after 1.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Finished the first one, on the second one now. I’ve never played it - it’s absolutely amazing. I think it’s shaping up to be one of the best games I’ve ever played. The combat is actually fun now.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Finished the first one, on the second one now. I’ve never played it - it’s absolutely amazing. I think it’s shaping up to be one of the best games I’ve ever played. The combat is actually fun now.
Mass Effect 2 is easily in my top 10 of favorite games of all time. It's brilliant, you're in for a treat.

Balljy

ME1 definitely still suffers for gameplay, but they have improved it to an extent. I'm amazed by what they've done graphically with it - it exceeds my expectations for that.

Best thing is the Mako doesn't control like a helium balloon bouncing along any more. I must admit I'm kind of looking forward to getting to 2 for the improved gameplay though.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Mass Effect 2 is easily in my top 10 of favorite games of all time. It's brilliant, you're in for a treat.
It's nothing short of spectacular. Absolute masterpiece.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So did they fix the ending of ME3? It was considered The Lost of gaming cockups back then wasnt it? Surely this is a good chance to get that right

nimic

something nice
Scout
So did they fix the ending of ME3? It was considered The Lost of gaming cockups back then wasnt it? Surely this is a good chance to get that right
They "fixed" the ending of ME3 years ago. If the ending you played with had the boy with three lights, I'm pretty sure that's not it, though I can't remember what it's supposed to be since I never actually played the "new" ending.

Massive Spanner

They "fixed" the ending of ME3 years ago. If the ending you played with had the boy with three lights, I'm pretty sure that's not it.
It is it. The fix was just an extended version of that ending with extra explanations and such.

So, it's a little less crap, but still crap. I'd say the best thing they did for the "ending" of ME3 is the Citadel DLC which closes things out far better than the actual ending does.

Massive Spanner

I'm around 6 or 7 hours into ME1 now and I remain convinced it's the best worst game ever. The combat, AI, movement, controls, graphics* are all complete dogshit (and were dogshit back when it came out 14 years ago!) but the story and characters and world are so good that I just can't stop playing.

*They have done a great job with the graphics, in fairness

Balljy

I'm around 6 or 7 hours into ME1 now and I remain convinced it's the best worst game ever. The combat, AI, movement, controls, graphics* are all complete dogshit (and were dogshit back when it came out 14 years ago!) but the story and characters and world are so good that I just can't stop playing.

*They have done a great job with the graphics, in fairness
I tired changing the setting to allow the AI to do what they want and attack on their own. After they died repeatedly from standing in the open and just shooting I had to revert it back to the defensive setting.

I agree though, the lore and the story are incredible. The amount of work they've put into all the codex items defies belief.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
There’s a big update out which is really slow to download if you’re using Origin on PC.

The patch notes don’t say anything directly about the audio/vocal bugs that I’m getting though...

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Kind of surprised how much fun I'm having with ME1. I thought I'd want to rush through that to get to 2 but I've been doing lots of the side stuff. Even scanned all 20 keepers. I only ever played ME1 once years ago but it's better than I remember. The improvements definitely help.

I know Renegade is fun but the entire series always feels like it's pushing you towards Paragon. Paragon options open more up whereas Renegade can limit things.

Irwin99

Kind of surprised how much fun I'm having with ME1. I thought I'd want to rush through that to get to 2 but I've been doing lots of the side stuff. Even scanned all 20 keepers. I only ever played ME1 once years ago but it's better than I remember. The improvements definitely help.

I know Renegade is fun but the entire series always feels like it's pushing you towards Paragon. Paragon options open more up whereas Renegade can limit things.
You can still get the best endings with either can't you? But if i remember correctly you have to be pretty consistent in your choices.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Damn update didn’t fix the audio unless they just didn’t list it in the patch notes. They did correct the ‘can’t use wireless headphones on Xbox’ thing, but that doesn’t help me. The PC version has all sorts of shite going on.

This ME1 is still a 10/10 for me, mind...

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You can still get the best endings with either can't you? But if i remember correctly you have to be pretty consistent in your choices.
Yeah I think so but if you go Renegade the whole way through you can end up making decisions that end up worse overall. Giving Legion to Cerberus can impact what happens with the Geth and the Quarians in ME3 for example.

Shark

@NotShark
Damn update didn’t fix the audio unless they just didn’t list it in the patch notes. They did correct the ‘can’t use wireless headphones on Xbox’ thing, but that doesn’t help me. The PC version has all sorts of shite going on.

This ME1 is still a 10/10 for me, mind...
Really is. Honestly don't get the major gripes regarding the combat also. Enjoying sniping the feck out of everything

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Played 15 hours of part 1 already. Haven’t played these games since release and loving it again. Although I appear to be making all same choices. Planned to be renegade but couldn’t so paragon all the way. Just need to have my way with the blue alien and it will be an identical playthrough as over 10 years ago

Going for platinum in all 3, already of most trophies from part 1.

Minkaro

Years ago, I spent half my time on Skyrim trying to force my character up cliffs, when anyone sensible would find the proper route.

Now here I am gradually forcing the Mako over a mountain. I think I may have an issue with patience.

Wing Attack Plan R

Ah yes, it'll be great to play a modern version of that really old game series that I haven't seen since... Eight years ago. I can't wait to play through it all again knowing that I'll be bitterly disappointed with the final hour of it all. That's the best part; the crushing reminder every five minutes that this is being done purely because they fecked Andromeda up and want to build the hype back up for whatever new entry comes after it. I'll enjoy saving the Geth and Quarians, and proving that organics and synthetics can coexist, before being told by a random asshole that organics and synthetics can't coexist. It'll really hit the point home that those choices have the same effect as a Walking Dead game where "Kenny will remember that".

....who am I kidding. I'm going to fecking but it anyway.
When you had the choice of saving Legion (Geth) or Tali, which way did you go?

Team Geth!