Mass Shooting in Christchurch, NZ Mosque | 14th March 2019

jeff_goldblum

It's impossible to police the internet though. You could shut down 8chan tomorrow but that doesn't mean all its members stop using the internet. They'll just find a new home and start over. The fight against piracy has proven that it will be a never ending battle. I think the best they can do is monitor these sites and educate parents.
Obviously you can't get rid of something altogether but you can make it more difficult to access, which would be a start. At the moment you (or say, an impressionable teenage white male having a tough adolescence) is a click on Reddit or a linked video on YouTube away from this stuff.

Edit - obviously this is anecdotal, but even as someone with no history or association with the culture, if I wanted to seek out extreme-right white nationalism on the internet I'd know exactly where and how to find it, whereas I don't know where I'd start finding ISIS stuff. There's a clear difference in how we are treating these two forms of extremism with regards to the space we allow them on the internet.

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We are aware of the manifesto of this shooter. Please don't post a link for it or screenshot it. There's no need to give the terrorist extra attention.
Just requoting this.

ATXRedDevil

This isn't the place for this.
I don’t disagree. I posted my thoughts on the topic at hand and then saw that guy’s ignorant post. Should have kept my mouth shut. However, maybe next time reply to the guy inappropriately dropping the bait in a thread about innocent people being murdered rather the person responding to said bait. I’ll stop derailing now.

Hope the cowards responsible for this get what they deserve.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

An Australian Senator is basically sympathizing with the terrorist attacker. He's going on twitter claiming the reason for bloodshed in NZ is down to muslims being allowed to immigrate to the country and that AUS/NZ societies are scared of muslims coming in, hence the attacks today.

My country is a disgrace.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Was only a matter of time, popular right wing speakers have been allowed to dehumanise and lie about the Muslim community for years now, you just have to look at the comments on any story about the Muslim community on social media to see how high the hatred has become. And this isn't 4chan its Facebook/twitter/YouTube.

Last edited:

Red_Legion

Was only a matter of time, popular right wing speakers have been allowed to lie about the Muslim community for years now, you just have to look at the comments on any story about the Muslim community on social media to see how high the hatred has become. And this isn't 4chan its Facebook/twitter/YouTube.
Even regular mainstream media keeps doing it, it is just so natural to them now that they don't even think about it. Even when they try to be well meaning they feck it up....hopeless.

WPMUFC

The manifesto is filled with 8chan 4/chan edgelord memes and supposedly said "sub to pewdiepie" during the attack. These online repositories like 8chan/4chan and "patriot" facebook groups need to be thoroughly investigated.

They code their ideology in memes.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Shit just woke up to the news. Makes me sick. I love NZ and it's such a friendly and peaceful place. Feel awful for those caught up in this disgusting act and for the country also.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
An Australian Senator is basically sympathizing with the terrorist attacker. He's going on twitter claiming the reason for bloodshed in NZ is down to muslims being allowed to immigrate to the country and that AUS/NZ societies are scared of muslims coming in, hence the attacks today.

Which piece of shit is saying this?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Horrible... what a fecked up world this is.

Siorac

I am surprised at the lack of tweets and condolences messages from other country heads . If this was a Muslim shooter then everyone would be readily tweeting and social media would be lit with anger .
Dunno about the rest of the world but Europe is just waking up. It happened in the middle of the night.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
My prayers are with the victims and their families and in support of our muslim communities.

Member 90887

Every race and country has people like that ...don't give too much thought to this kind of people.

Ahsan_6386

Dunno about the rest of the world but Europe is just waking up. It happened in the middle of the night.
Yes there is the difference of timing and most of Europe condemns it but the message was mostly for USA and my own country Prime Minister who is usually the first to tweet when it comes to Muslim terrorists but goes awfully quiet when the victims are Muslims .

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
What horrific news to wake up to. Sickening.

It seems extra depressing that this happened in New Zealand - these right wing terrorists are everywhere now.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Started with a shotgun and switched to a semi-auto rifle with many back up clips. I saw parts of the video. Don't think i'll sleep tonight. :(

Fraser Anning....of course :mad::mad:
Of course. What a disgrace.

BarstoolProphet

I am surprised at the lack of tweets and condolences messages from other country heads . If this was a Muslim shooter then everyone would be readily tweeting and social media would be lit with anger .

Please stop creating more animosity by posting stuff like this. Atleast wait and see before making such claims. This happened during night time in Europe for example.

Rest in peace to the victims. Just days after the 30th anniversary of the WWW, we see an example of maybe the worst part that has come from it.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
On one of the guns in the boot of the car you can see some writing scribbled in white. One if it’s says Бој на Иванковцу, in cyrillic, referring to the Battle of Ivankovac in 1805 where Serbian revolutionaries fought against the Ottoman Turks.

Another one mentions the name Konstantin II Asen. Medieval Bulgarian leader who fought against the Ottomans.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
So I watched the video without knowing what it was - "here, have you seen this". It's fecking horrible - don't watch it. Dude with some sort of automatic rifle shooting into piles of already dead bodies in a big room. It's like some sort of fecking slaughter house video game.

BootsyCollins

Horrible news. Rest in peace to all victims.
Saw a written summary of the video, my god. How can anybody to things like this?
Also abusing a little girls name who became a victim from the attack in Stockholm, complete scumbag he is!

And people who "understand" the attacker and why he did it, go to hell!

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
On one of the guns in the boot of the car you can see some writing scribbled in white. One if it’s says Бој на Иванковцу, in cyrillic, referring to the Battle of Ivankovac in 1805 where Serbian revolutionaries fought against the Ottoman Turks.

Another one mentions the name Konstantin II Asen. Medieval Bulgarian leader who fought against the Ottomans.
Who gives a shit?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
49 now. Despicable cowards.

One person charged with murder, does New Zealand not have charges related to terrorism? Because that’s what this is

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Shocking news to wake up to. Obviously a blatant act of terrorism in what's normally one of the safest places on earth, people are so fecked up.

May all the victims RIP.

MadMike

fecking hell. What horrible news to wake up to. :(

Imagine being so fecked up in the head that you derive life meaning and direction from 4/8chan memes and propaganda. Imagine living to become a meme. Imagine that.

I hope they just burn the fecking cnut.