Mass Shooting in Christchurch, NZ Mosque | 14th March 2019

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Are these types of automatic rifles legal in NZ?

Honest John

Total terrorist outrage. People at their place of worship ffs.

RIP :(

I can't believe that this has happened in NZ.

I have been there a couple of times and have a lot of family members there

I spoke to my cousin this morning - the whole country is mortified.

It is without a doubt one of the friendliest welcoming places on the planet.

No place more so than Christchurch - it's a lovely place.

What with the earthquake in 2011 and now this, the people there must feel totally gutted.

Why preserve these monsters? :mad:

WPMUFC

I just read his statement. What the feck is wrong with that guy and more importantly, how the feck did he get elected???
our senate voting system is broken. Simple as that. He received 19 first-preference votes, but his initial party (One Nation Party, which he dumped on his first day in office), won enough to seat multiple senators.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I really thought that NZ was one of the safest country in the world when it came to any potential terrorist attacks. People are so worried about Muslims in western societies getting radicalised but white young men/women being are much bigger threat now given what happened in Norway few years ago and now in NZ. Return of right wing movements all across the world is going to lead to something more catastrophic soon enough.
Yeah same. The fact it has happened in NZ is very sickening. Don't get me wrong this kind of terrorism is sickening everywhere but you always associate security/peace with NZ.

lawliet354

They should monitor shit holes like it. Shutting one down won't make a dent when everyone will flock to a new place.
I agree with monitoring, but this kind of behavior surely is easily fueled and escalated when you surround yourself with the group of people with same train of thought. If somehow their platform can be consistently removed, maybe it would make it harder for them to communicate thus can prevent such behavior in getting recognition and fueled by other cnuts.

Abizzz

Just woke up to this news.

F'king hell, the world is messed up. NZ is one of the places where one thought something like this doesn't happen :(.

Rest in peace.

We should stop acting as if MAGA/Far Right/Neonazis are any less dangerous than ISIS. They're the same.

Revan

Assumptionman
It's a fecking disgrace that these white supremacist groups are not classified as terrorist groups and not given the same treatment as ISIS. They are as big of a death cult.

People who call this arsehole a shooter instead of a terrorist are scum.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
These things are so deflating, it's hard to handle the amount of hate in the world.

Trump and his ilk have a lot to answer for with their rhetoric.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
People who keep saying they can’t believe it’s happening in NZ are missing the point. The country isn’t just the fecking Shire, just like every other country there are the dregs and arguably they feel more isolated than anywhere else.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

F'king hell, the world is messed up. NZ is one of the places where one thought something like this doesn't happen :(.

Rest in peace.

We should stop acting as if MAGA/Far Right/Neonazis are any less dangerous than ISIS. They're the same.
I partly agree, wouldn't say they are as dangerous as ISIS but certainly anti-immigration and anti-muslim politicians need to brought out in the open and berated for their hateful lies and rhetoric which causes all of this. It's fecking disgraceful the sh*t they get away with saying without consequence when it leads to things like this.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
It's a fecking disgrace that these white supremacist groups are not classified as terrorist groups and not given the same treatment as ISIS. They are as big of a death cult.

Agree. Our (the Aussie) PM is a moron, but he at least called the shooter a terrorist.

Patrick08

New Zealand out of all places. Gun control should be a serious issue everywhere in the world.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
People who keep saying they can’t believe it’s happening in NZ are missing the point. The country isn’t just the fecking Shire, just like every other country there are the dregs and arguably they feel more isolated than anywhere else.
Looks like the person arrested isn't even from NZ, which must be absolutely devastating for the people who live there and have to end up bearing the trauma for years.

Runner

predator

Youth NITK
Can't we just put all these right wing terrorists and all the isis terrorists together on another planet and let them kill eachother whilst letting us decent folk live together in a civilised manner?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Rest in peace.

I think there is a distinction to be made. One group believes that they are doing god's work, that they are ordained by god and that they have a right to do what they do.

I believe that the other group mostly does it because they are racist scumbags.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just seen the video. Can't believe twitter haven't taken it down.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I visited NZ a few years back and was warned by locals that Christchurch was a depressing place to visit. Not because of the people, but because of the infrastucture following the earthquake was so basic. I was able to speak to a few people that had lost pretty much everything from that Earthquake as insurance is extremely difficult/impossible.

It's a beautiful country with a fantastic set of people but they have their own set of issues just like the rest of us. Racism was pretty high on that list.

Truly depressing for this to happen, love the country and its people. People need to take the rise of Right Wing seriously. We need to start having a hard long look at ourselves in light of attacks like this frankly. Action has to be taken and I include the UK as part of the problem.

In the UK they are.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Looks like the person arrested isn't even from NZ, which must be absolutely devastating for the people who live there and have to end up bearing the trauma for years.
All we know is that he is an Australian citizen but that doesn’t mean he didn’t live there and has for some time. It’s devastating regardless, I know someone from Christchurch and as @RedSky says it’s not rosy for sure.

Abizzz

I think there is a distinction to be made. One group believes that they are doing god's work, that they are ordained by god and that they have a right to do what they do.

That's a distinction without a difference.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
This was not a mentally deranged dude. This is a well planned attack with him posting photos of the weapons in Twitter etc. This guy is a terrorist. A white nationalist terrorist.
He is, but it's not a contradiction, unfortunately. These things can only happen when insanity, political ideology, and practical rationality merge.
We are aware of the manifesto of this shooter. Please don't post a link for it or screenshot it. There's no need to give the terrorist extra attention.
In the aftermath of the shooting this absolutely makes sense. It's the propaganda these bastards would want. But after a while it would be good to be able to openly discuss it, imo. This kind of ideology will not go away, it's better to be aware of it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Maybe because he couldn't get access to the guns in his homeland?

Adisa

I think it's a disgrace the media is avoiding his manifesto and all the people that have influenced him.
It's like saying a terrorist that has been inspired by a radical preacher has nothing to do with the preacher. I am so angry we are so scared of offending people that we can't say these right wingers are inspiring a bunch of terrorists.

Last edited:

Honest John

White supremacists reckon that God's on their side too.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The likes of Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins and other anti Muslim 'celebrity' figures and all their thick apologists should be hanging their fecking heads in shame this morning but who am I kidding, these cnuts don't care. They're getting exactly what they want, violence against innocent Muslims. 49 lives lost. Devastating.

Honest John

He is, but it's not a contradiction, unfortunately. These things can only happen when insanity, political ideology, and practical rationality merge.

In the aftermath of the shooting this absolutely makes sense. It's the propaganda these bastards would want. But after a while it would be good to be able to openly discuss it, imo. This kind of ideology will not go away, it's better to be aware of it.
Agreed. If the boot was on the other foot and a muslim cleric was preaching hate it would be all over the media.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
All we know is that he is an Australian citizen but that doesn’t mean he didn’t live there and has for some time. It’s devastating regardless, I know someone from Christchurch and as @RedSky says it’s not rosy for sure.
He's an immigrant who is against other immigrants coming to what is a country of immigrants.

The "logic" of a white supremacist.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
White supremacists reckon that God's on their side too.
Yes this is true.

Though IMO ISIS is primarily motivated by what they believe that their god wants them to do, and the other is primarily motivated by racism.

I'm not saying one is better or worse, it was just a statement is all.

Last edited:

Adisa

White terrorists also believe they are saving the Caucasian race. There's no difference between the two.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
The difference in social media and news network reactions when a mass shooter is a 'white person' as opposed to a Muslim is quite telling. The world is a fecked up place which cannot see beyond labels and colours.

Almost 50 dead. No matter who they were, they had lives and they had dreams. They laughed like we do, they cried like we do. Some of them must have left parentless children behind, some childless parents. The sorrow of this is not limited to a social media newscycle - the families affected will be traumatised and changed for the rest of their lives. If some of them can't deal with the loss, their issues will propagate to the next generation. Two hours changing the course of the next twenty years.

Every time I see the term 'thoughts and prayers' and I wonder - can we really give them that? If you genuinely thought about every victim of such a mass shooting, you'd be traumatised yourself. If you genuinely prayed to whichever God for every child shot in these incidents, half your day would be prayer. We are not equipped to deal with such an avalanche of loss and carnage.

And the thing is, we seem to be having these incidents at such an alarming rate, the long term dehumanizing consequences are going to be unprecedented and unpredictable.

NZ of all places. No corner of the world is being spared. I'm scared for my children, because of the world they will be born into.

MDFC Manager

I really thought that NZ was one of the safest country in the world when it came to any potential terrorist attacks. People are so worried about Muslims in western societies getting radicalised but white young men/women being are much bigger threat now given what happened in Norway few years ago and now in NZ. Return of right wing movements all across the world is going to lead to something more catastrophic soon enough.
Rise of right wing politics and hypernationalism will ruin this world much faster than religion ever managed to do. We're doomed.

Fully Fledged

RIP to the deceased. My thoughts are with their families and those that are injured.

The world has gone mad. There is so much hate out there that it’s sickening.

Revan

Assumptionman
I partly agree, wouldn't say they are as dangerous as ISIS but certainly anti-immigration and anti-muslim politicians need to brought out in the open and berated for their hateful lies and rhetoric which causes all of this. It's fecking disgraceful the sh*t they get away with saying without consequence when it leads to things like this.
Not sure man. They are an offshoot child of Nazi who caused more harm and pain than ISIS ever did, God help us all if they ever gain some type of power. Their ideology should be purged, the same as those of dead cult Islamist terrorism like ISIS or AQ.

Also, many of these acts are very religious related. Like Breivkin, this one was a christian terrorist.

Last edited: