Mass Shooting in Christchurch, NZ Mosque | 14th March 2019

NoLogo

I don't know much about this, but is there any time in history when total irony co-exists with total sincere violence like this? I can't think of anything. The subscribe to pdp at the start of the vid really stuck out to me partly for that reason.
The crusaders he is inspired by, and ISIS today - both extremely violent, but did any of them talk feel the need to spread memes while murdering? Maybe some occupying armies who have total superiority over the locals could do something like this.
It's complete bizarre. I really don't know what to make of it. I spent some time at 4chan back in the day and it never was really a pleasant place but mainly the bad taste humor was just that. Now the alt-right seems to have adopted all that and incoporate it into anything, no matter how vile their behavior is with people on certain boards celebrating the shooter as a "mad lad" for playing some meme music during his getaway. I'm at a total loss of what to make of that, do these people think it's still all for the lulz or is making everything so confusing and meta a part of the strategy? If it is, they have succeeded I truly don't know what to make of it apart from being disgusted of their actions.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Well I've just seen the screenshots of his post before he went on this shooting. It's very distressing.
His "manifesto"?

"I had little interest in education"

No shit you horrible scumbag bastard.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I visited 8chan. I'd never heard of it until now. It is literally a cesspool of racism and anger and rage and xenophobia and moral repugnance. It's like reading a KKK manifesto. People are genuinely rejoicing the coward's act and calling him a hero. And everything is a fecking meme. It's so tragically bizarre and repugnant.

Incomprehensible. It's sad that human beings think and act this way. Sites like 8chan normalize and encourage such behaviour so it's likely only going to get worse.
All in the name of free speech

Silva

his manifesto is a long, badly written, variation of every post you've read from online reactionaries, from 2nd amendment shit to brexit taking back control to muslims are rapists, you wouldn't be surprised to read it from caf members who post insane conservative shit before ducking out

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
His "manifesto"?

"I had little interest in education"

No shit you horrible scumbag bastard.
No not his manifesto but his last post where he actually gave out a link to his streaming before going to shoot.

Some of the comments on the shooting were horrifying. Human being are truly in a dark place.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
the shooter here, he blames climate change on brown people and essentially calls for europe to murder them as a way of fixing it
Good grief, what a fool.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
the shooter here, he blames climate change on brown people and essentially calls for europe to murder them as a way of fixing it
:houllier:

I already knew these right-wing extremist nazis were mentally ill and deranged but that is genuinely staggering.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
NZ, esp the South Island is so isolated and desolate that it can create a society of strange thoughts.

Manifesto warning - do not post

KM

We are aware of the manifesto of this shooter. Please don't post a link for it or screenshot it. There's no need to give the terrorist extra attention.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Sorry - whose focus?
The Nazis also had a focus on ecology and passed laws about environmental protection. Ad this guy talked about it too.

NZ, esp the South Island is so isolated and desolate that it can create a society of strange thoughts.
Speculating here, but based on his language he't not* a product of his surroundings - he claims to be motivated by attacks in Europe and during the attack he adopted the language of an international online forum.

*primarily, on the surface, with limited information.

Silva

the shooter mentioned candace in what was very obviously an attempt to throw her under the bus, without sincerity, and this fecking cretin actually manages to make it worse for herself

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Four people are in custody - three men and one woman
Mike Bush has confirmed that four people are in custody, but that things are moving very quickly.

He will not confirm if it is a terrorist attack, but says “it does not get more serious than this”.

KM

Mike Bush has confirmed that four people are in custody, but that things are moving very quickly.

He will not confirm if it is a terrorist attack, but says “it does not get more serious than this”.
Why is this not counted as a terrorist attack? Seems like a clear cut terrorist attack to me.

Ahsan_6386

Yeah it's so obviously not a terrorist attack . It's just a white guy with mental issues with the rest of accomplices being there for him with moral support . We just need to wait for a tweet from Trump to confirm all this .

SteveJ

Scout
Meanwhile, President Trump tweets about Breitbart (one hour ago, to be precise).

Carolina Red

Staff
Yeah it's so obviously not a terrorist attack . It's just a white guy with mental issues with the rest of accomplices being there for him with moral support . We just need to wait for a tweet from Trump to confirm all this .
“Good people on both sides”

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Fecking horrible man, shocked. I thought New Zealand would be one of the better places to live as a Muslim as it would be peaceful with little violence heard of :(

KM

This was not a mentally deranged dude. This is a well planned attack with him posting photos of the weapons in Twitter etc. This guy is a terrorist. A white nationalist terrorist.

SteveJ

Scout
From another board:
Stuff.co.nz reports that the shooters' rifles had Alexandre Bissonette and Luca Traini written on them - the names of mosque shooters in Italy and Canada.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Why is this not counted as a terrorist attack? Seems like a clear cut terrorist attack to me.
I'm guessing they need to do a formal inquiry. I don't think police procedures are updated to include people who livestream their shootings...

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Re: some items mentioned in the manifesto (not all of it is what it seems to be):

Carolina Red

Staff
I'm guessing they need to do a formal inquiry. I don't think police procedures are updated to include people who livestream their shootings...
I don’t see how they can’t class it as a terror attack.

Attack carried out for a political/religious motive to make a political/religious point

Ahsan_6386

“Good people on both sides”
I am surprised at the lack of tweets and condolences messages from other country heads . If this was a Muslim shooter then everyone would be readily tweeting and social media would be lit with anger .

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I don’t see how they can’t class it as a terror attack.

Attack carried out for a political/religious motive to make a political/religious point
Agree but I am not sure if its the categorisation of it is top priority for the folks involved at the moment. Matter of time though.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Agree but I am not sure if its the categorisation of it is top priority for the folks involved at the moment. Matter of time though.
Yup. They *just* arrested him and there might yet be more of them.