Massimiliano Allegri targets Manchester United job

In Rainbows

Transfer management has been too shambolic to expect any exciting football.
Then why even want Ole out in the first place? If Ole is ever sacked, I want a more exciting manager or there is no point in sacking him. There is no reason to prefer Allegri over more exciting managers out there.

Colin Clarke

Hopefully with Wan-Bisaka back in the side and hopefully Donny starts, plus we should have a week of sessions and another game under our belt. It won't be easy but we need to seriously get our act together

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don't think this is really true. Woodward and the board have been plenty willing to spend lots and lots of money on players the manager has wanted. The bigger issues are that (a) Woodward has no meaningful football knowledge whatsoever and seems uninterested in hiring DoF, so that level of the club cannot provide a true footballing direction and therefore (b) you need to basically concentrate the football decision making with a strong manager with a good grasp on current trends in the game and a very strong sense of the football he wants to play and the qualities players will need to play that football at each position.

I'm not sure that Allegri is the answer but I am pretty sure Ole isn't either.
Your point b) is very true but who are those managers apart from Pep and Klopp?
Almost anyone else is a gamble. So we can only get rid off Ole if he has a bad season, if we are not making any progress or if such a b) type manager becomes available and wants to join United under the current board structure.
Even someone like Poch has a system with no plan b AND once his team peaked everything was gone the following season: system, performances, results.

RooneyLegend

Yes but Allegri would fail like Ole and Van Gaal and Jose if the board continues in the transfer market as they have. You can bring in Klopp or Pep but if they're stuck with the same squad and not given the players THEY want to strengthen the squad the change in fortune will be minimal.
This absolving managers of any blame needs to come to an end. We are trotting out a 80 million pound center back out there. We have a 50 million pound right back who cant do anything useful past the half way line. Our managers are to involved in our transfer dealings.