Massive issue Woodward caused.

AaronRedDevil

I think it's just simply a really bad time to be a United fan or player for the moment. I'd say Woodward is more of a problem then anyone at the club. There's a reason why klopp,pep,poch or any other manger wouldn't do well here at this very moment. It seems obvious what the real problem is. People keep complaining, "Why is lingard, Jones, young etc, playing?". I mean who else is he supposed to choose? The u18s. Yeah that's very idealistic of you, but reality will hit you and a very young player isn't ready and cant just throw them into the deep end and destroy their confidence.

The main issue is the lack of depth we have at any part of the squad. GK is literally the only position that's always nailed in. 2 good strikers, One good winger, 1 great midfielder and 2 goodish mids in fred and McT. Maguire and AWB are solid. But that's it, one injury and the whole thing falls apart.

Pogba injured, there goes our creativity

McT injured, there goes our only good defensive mid

1 Rashford or martial injured, there goes half of our attack

Maguire injured, there goes our backline.

Woodward did a horrible job by selling everyone and replacing them with either a crap backup or no one. Ole and any manager after him will be forced to play these crap players because there's simply no one else.

Sadly us United fans can only wait and see. Ye keep talking about buying players and yet you don't want to give the time to the manger and give him a real chance of improvement. The transfer windows are months apart. You can't buy a player in December or April when things are going bad. You just have to wait it out. This isn't a defence of ole, I do want poch in, but I'm simply pointing out a massive issue that barely anyone is looking at. if poch comes in and nothing changes? What then? Yeah the manager can influence the team. But everything on the pitch is down to the players. None of them can look up and make a forward pass. That's down to the dumbass players we have.

United need to start buying quality players quick and thankfully It's 3 for 3 with ole. But I dont know what gonna happen between now and the summer. I just hope they have some good realistic players to get in January or the summer. The only way to fix this is to start bulking the squad back up again. It's absolutely insane how thin United's squad is.

ravi2

Who made Smalling fourth choice and pushed him out?
Id like to know who thought it was an ok idea to sell Lukaku without a replacement ready?
I personally think Ole was led to believe players were coming in and Ed, as usual let the club down again.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Id like to know who thought it was an ok idea to sell Lukaku without a replacement ready?
I personally think Ole was led to believe players were coming in and Ed, as usual let the club down again.
You've based this statement on pure guess-work.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Correct , that is my opinion. How do you think that situation unfolded?
Like you, I have no idea.

I'd rather play Greenwood than Lukaku personally so for me, he has been replaced (in a sense). Lukaku was useless, we're no worse off without him in my view.

dove

Ole's supporters can cry all they want but Ole did it to himself. He came and immediately frozen all players he didn't like like Lukaku, Matic. It was a terrible management from him and it wouldn't surprise me if Ole was 100% fine going into the season with the squad we have because he is naive enough to believe that JLingz would start scoring/assisting for fun.

LoneStar

Picking Lingard over Periera for two big games consecutively alone deserves Ole the sack.

Woodward is certainly an issue, but let's not pretend like we wouldn't have done with a better manager.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Woodward a problem, need better players. Someone call Metcheck, this is groundbreaking

JakeTheRed

I agree that we have a huge lack of depth but you're under some sort of illusion with the way that you've portrayed some of our players.

GK isn't nailed, De Gea is nowhere near as good as he was a few years ago, you can tell that either his confidence is low or he doesn't want to be here anymore.

'2 good strikers', they can be when they want to, by all means they aren't world beaters at all.

Not sure who this good winger is you're talking about, if it's James, then he's barely proved anything so far, glimmers of good stuff but again, nothing to show he's a world beater.

I assume this one great midfielder is Pogba, who is the most toxic player we have had in a long time. Absolutely awful attitude and only shows up when he can be bothered, need to get rid as he's causing more disruption than good.

I agree that Fred and McT are okay, they've come into good form this season but are they world class?

I feel like you're deluded to say that Maguire is solid, he's been extremely average and absolutely not worth the money we paid for him, AWB, like James, has showed good signs but again he isn't mega is he.

My point here is, we've started settling for mediocrity, it seems like 4th place is acceptable. IT SHOULDN'T BE. We should be aiming to win the league title every single year. Yes, I understand that we aren't going to as we're in yet another 'transitional' period, but to move out of that we've got to start thinking about winning again.

I absolutely agree that our squad is too thin though, think about all these title winning teams, they've got depth and you look at their benches and think, shit, they can make that difference in a game.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we're going to be progressing forwards to a place where we need to be in the near future. We're gonna be in this stage for a few years at the least.

Wolvereen

In the summer, many people said this is the weakest United squad they’d seen in the premier league era. No surprise this is our worst season in the premier league era as well.

Foxbatt

He can get a woody too I guess that may become a huge issue.