Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Lets get those juices flowing!

His touches :drool:
His passing :drool:
His crosses :drool:
His composure :drool:

Everything about his play just oozes class.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Would look pretty stupid if they did this and he then failed the medical, or something else came up.
This is it really. The club just don't want another fiasco on their hands so will cross t's and dot i's before announcing anything. Can't blame them for that either.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Mata, Ozil or Silva?
Mata and Ozil probably on par for me. Ozil offers more all round but Mata is better offensively. Silva is behind both.

Actually Mata edges it since hes better looking.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Chances of him being available for Tuesday seem to be getting slimmer by the hour.
I'd say the chances were slim to none at this point. Even if he is it'll just be as a sub 5 minutes from the end I'd think, he'll have barely started training with us by the sounds of it.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
This is it really. The club just don't want another fiasco on their hands so will cross t's and dot i's before announcing anything. Can't blame them for that either.
I'm sure we could have done the medical in London. It's just getting stupid now. Everyone knows it and has commented on it but our non discussion of transfers is pretty pointless right now. May as well say pending a medical booked on what ever day Mata will be a United player.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'm sure we could have done the medical in London. It's just getting stupid now. Everyone knows it and has commented on it but our non discussion of transfers is pretty pointless right now. May as well say pending a medical booked on what ever day Mata will be a United player.
It looks like Chelsea are happy to send to a medical but haven't yet given us the agreement and we don't want to do a medical until we've an agreement with Chelsea.

Fair enough by the Club tbh. We've seen what happened with Lacina Traore and Willian over the summer(both of them had medicals and then changed clubs). We're being safe.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
I'd say the chances were slim to none at this point. Even if he is it'll just be as a sub 5 minutes from the end I'd think, he'll have barely started training with us by the sounds of it.
The clash with Fulham on the 9th is the more likely starter I feel.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
And you were absolutely not biased for sure! :)
If I was Im sure its something both United and Chelsea fans can be biased about! If we win the league this season he still gets a medal doesn't he, that will.be.odd.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Mata and Ozil probably on par for me. Ozil offers more all round but Mata is better offensively. Silva is behind both.

Actually Mata edges it since hes better looking.
Got to agree with Rob here. The only thing that edges Ozil right now the is the fact that he shines more on the international stage. Mata cant do anything about it because he had more competition till now.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
It looks like Chelsea are happy to send to a medical but haven't yet given us the agreement and we don't want to do a medical until we've an agreement with Chelsea.

Fair enough by the Club tbh. We've seen what happened with Lacina Traore and Willian over the summer(both of them had medicals and then changed clubs). We're being safe.
I agree if no agreement has been signed then no defo don't do a medical. Just seems daft that we're nowhere nearer than we were Sunday really.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
What happens to Mata if Chelsea fail with their bid for M Salah for some reason?

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
What happens to Mata if Chelsea fail with their bid for M Salah for some reason?
Then he stays here Im guessing, hence the delay.

Liverpool will now bid 100 million for Salah to prevent him going to us and therefore United getting Mata.

Ubik

We panic whilst Chelsea check who Liverpool have been scouting of late. Still though I think we need to remember that this is a lot of money and Chelsea want it, so that shouldn't be too big a problem even in the unlikely event it happened. Just a couple more days frustration on our end I spose, it'll get done eventually.

Still though, their replacement apparently needs a work permit which made me panic, they usually take ages.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We panic whilst Chelsea check who Liverpool have been scouting of late. Still though I think we need to remember that this is a lot of money and Chelsea want it, so that shouldn't be too big a problem even in the unlikely event it happened. Just a couple more days frustration on our end I spose, it'll get done eventually.

Still though, their replacement apparently needs a work permit which made me panic, they usually take ages.
Salah has played in 75% of Egypt competitive matches in the last two years. Permit shouldn't be an issue.

Ubik

Salah has played in 75% of Egypt competitive matches in the last two years. Permit shouldn't be an issue.
Yeah, was just thinking back to how long they can take but I'm sure there are ways of speeding it up, especially without needing the "special talent" rule. Don't think there are any roadblocks here in general, we'll just have to be patient.

Mainoldo

Calm down. They obviously want Sahal bloke first, lets be honest he is not going to pick Liverpool over them.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He will still go to us, it's just not an ideal scenario for Chelsea.
I was just jesting.

The deal is too far gone to now turn back. It would be both devastating and embarrassing for both Mata and Chelsea to have this deal fail. They're basically divorced.

Ubik

just need to pray Oscar doesn't get injured this weekend haha
I kid you not, I just thought to myself, "well as long as they aren't playing Stoke this weekend" then checked who they were playing. Uh oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.