Match Compilations

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

I was going to do a Platini compilation (and did it as well), but I simply couldn't ignore Scirea's performance. It's insane how many times did he end up facing Baresi directly in the attacking phase.

A little spoiler for those who aren't sure whenever to watch it or not:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

The video quality isn't great for the first 40 seconds but it's fine after that.

An interesting match, esp given the debate that we had around him and Scholes in the recent draft, with Falcão featuring in a midfield of Di Bartolomei, Ancelotti and Prohaska. Not a vintage performance by any means, but he scores the second goal and played a role in the first.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!

I was going to do a Platini compilation (and did it as well), but I simply couldn't ignore Scirea's performance. It's insane how many times did he end up facing Baresi directly in the attacking phase.

A little spoiler for those who aren't sure whenever to watch it or not:
Probably among the best compilations I have watched in this thread. Certainly in the top 2 or 3. What a great watch.

Gotta admit, I rated him a little less attacking wise as compared to the other liberos as I don’t think he attacked this much in the Italian teams by memory, but this was insane. Stand corrected for sure (which is a shame as one really ought to know this after playing so many drafts)

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A classic all action Schuster performance as usual.

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

No Ancelotti or Di Bartolomei this time round- plays as the deepest midfielder in a DLP role with Cerezo playing ahead in a B2B role, funnily enough.

A sublime performance though, didn't realize he had it in his locker to play a deeper and a disciplined role (could very well be a one off but impressive nonetheless, esp given that it's against Platini's Juve).

harms

Staff
Gotta admit, I rated him a little less attacking wise as compared to the other liberos as I don’t think he attacked this much in the Italian teams by memory, but this was insane. Stand corrected for sure (which is a shame as one really ought to know this after playing so many drafts)
It was absolutely the same for me.

harms

Staff

No Ancelotti or Di Bartolomei this time round- plays as the deepest midfielder in a DLP role with Cerezo playing ahead in a B2B role, funnily enough.

A sublime performance though, didn't realize he had it in his locker to play a deeper and a disciplined role (could very well be a one off but impressive nonetheless, esp given that it's against Platini's Juve).
I'm going to use it whenever I'll stick him in a midfield 2 again :drool:

harms

Staff
Charlton, elegant as usual. I just love the way he glides through players. I think we all need to chip in and buy @Joga Bonito a proper video-editing software, I'm fecking tired of that "Power Director" box on the right :lol:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I'm going to use it whenever I'll stick him in a midfield 2 again :drool:
:lol: .

Charlton, elegant as usual. I just love the way he glides through players.
That long-range pass to Law at 11:48 :drool:
Really a delight watching him when he's on song.

I think we all need to chip in and buy @Joga Bonito a proper video-editing software, I'm fecking tired of that "Power Director" box on the right :lol:
:lol: It was annoying initially but have gotten used to it. It's just that I'm doing these videos on my phone (more convenient) and I stuck with the first app which was easy and straightforward enough to use.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

What a player.
Love how effortlessly two-footed he is, particularly in his passing, which is such a rare trait. Opens up new opportunities that one-footed players don't always capitalise upon because the opening disappears by the time it's onto their favoured foot.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Love how effortlessly two-footed he is, particularly in his passing, which is such a rare trait. Opens up new opportunities that one-footed players don't always capitalise upon because the opening disappears by the time it's onto their favoured foot.
Aye, makes it really tricky for his markers esp when it comes to showing him onto his 'weaker side'. Took corners with his right foot too.

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Great performance in the first half with Baggio and Haßler being the best players on the pitch.

Milan wrestled control in the 2nd half with Rijkaard, Baresi and Gullit being imperious. Wasn't really impressed by the overall quality of that Juve side and they seemed over reliant on the former duo and didn't really provide adequate support (funnily enough they were above Milan in the table before this match). Either way, Haßler and Baggio had quiet 2nd halves as a result.

Oh and the pitch was probably the worst I've seen from the 80s-90s :lol:.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

You learn much more of the player on his bad day then on his good day and i like what i saw here from Larsson even though nothing was going for him. Was still a nuisance, did a decent amount of good things for the team and didnt shy of the ball nor was trying to force things.
Ferrara had a great game tbf but one player that impressed me in this two games was Chris Sutton, absolute Don. Would never get picked in a draft let alone get some credit but he looks like a proper class act. Both Ferrara and Thuram couldnt get near him.....

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Ferrara had a great game tbf but one player that impressed me in this two games was Chris Sutton, absolute Don. Would never get picked in a draft let alone get some credit but he looks like a proper class act. Both Ferrara and Thuram couldnt get near him.....
As much as he's an annoying foghorn WUM of a pundit, yes he was a hell of a forward. Top class with his back-to-goal and holding off defenders and a little like Keegan in providing that muscular unsettling presence. Under-rated partly because he bombed at the stylistic car-crash that was Chelsea, told the English manager to feck off, and spent perhaps his best years in Scotland alongside Larsson. He did a lot at Norwich and Blackburn though and bullied a lot of quality defenders for Celtic. And, for what it's worth, rates Larsson rather than Shearer as his best strike partner.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
As much as he's an annoying foghorn WUM of a pundit, yes he was a hell of a forward. Top class with his back-to-goal and holding off defenders and a little like Keegan in providing that muscular unsettling presence. Under-rated partly because he bombed at the stylistic car-crash that was Chelsea, told the English manager to feck off, and spent perhaps his best years in Scotland alongside Larsson. He did a lot at Norwich and Blackburn though and bullied a lot of quality defenders for Celtic. And, for what it's worth, rates Larsson rather than Shearer as his best strike partner.
Lovely, now i like him even more.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A cracking match-winning assist in what proved to be a closely fought encounter. Have to say Dunga always impresses me whenever I see him play.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

An epic battle between Baggio and Baresi. Leaves Baresi and another Milan defender for dead with a lovely skill, draws a penalty from the keeper and opens the scoring from the spot. Leaves Baresi on the ground and provides the key pass leading to the second goal.

Baresi was at the heart of the fightback and Fiorentina couldn't cope with Milan's attack with Milan coming back emphatically, courtesy of a brace from van Basten.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

An epic battle between Baggio and Baresi. Leaves Baresi and another Milan defender for dead with a lovely skill, draws a penalty from the keeper and opens the scoring from the spot. Leaves Baresi on the ground and provides the key pass leading to the second goal.

Baresi was at the heart of the fightback and Fiorentina couldn't cope with Milan's attack with Milan coming back emphatically, courtesy of a brace from van Basten.
Hubba hubba! Loved the segment at 6:16 where he controls the high ball and completely takes Baresi out of the game, which is probably why Franco elected to boot his legs out from under him not long after :lol:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Hubba hubba! Loved the segment at 6:16 where he controls the high ball and completely takes Baresi out of the game, which is probably why Franco elected to boot his legs out from under him not long after :lol:
Aye, not very often that you see Baresi being taken out in that manner.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A majestic performance from Baggio. Exhibits another facet of his game, with Juventus lacking a midfield playmaker Baggio assumes a relatively deeper role and dictates proceedings.

And that too on that god forsaken pitch :lol:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A good game with a brilliant assist to top it off.

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Just oozes class in this top of the table encounter. Forget about the brace and the fantastic assist for the 3rd goal for a second, a phenomenal performance overall against a strong Napoli side featuring Careca, Laurent Blanc, Zola, Ciro Ferrara and Alemao.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Not a vintage performance by any means and a poor game, where he's substituted in the 70th minute, but it's easy to see why Baggio has statistics such as these.

Baggio is currently the seventh all-time highest scorer in Serie A, with 205 goals in 452 appearances. Of these goals, 96 were decisive (either equalisers or match winners).

Three of his World Cup goals were scored in the group stage and six were scored during knockout matches (of which 7 were either an opening goal, equaliser or the winner).
Puts Napoli to the sword ruthlessly with a cracking opening goal and provides a lovely assist for the second. Just another typical display of Baggio at his clinical influential best, despite being nowhere near his peak performance levels.

Edit: Zola had a cracking game in this encounter.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
@Joga Bonito i use power director too recently but how is it to use on the phone? Can’t imagine doing something so fiddly using a phone - is it easy?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan

Individual stats:
tackles: 4/4
interceptions: 7
clearances: 8
blocks: 1
aerial duels: 3
fouls: -