Match Compilations

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!

Every time I watch him play I wonder were there actually any players unequivocally better than him?
Absolute shame that Socrates doesn't get picked early enough or often enough in our drafts. Elevates Zico's game to another level with their interplay.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Just started and amazed within the first 10 seconds. Good God.
I'm experimenting with thumbnails and other clickbait tactics — like including the most impressive moment as a preview :)
It's an insane goal, even in Zico's outstanding collection it has to be one of the best.

harms

Staff
Absolute shame that Socrates doesn't get picked early enough or often enough in our drafts. Elevates Zico's game to another level with their interplay.
He didn't play though (or was it your point?).

I'm not arguing about their partnership, Zico & Socrates were magical together.

GodShaveTheQueen

He didn't play though (or was it your point?).

I'm not arguing about their partnership, Zico & Socrates were magical together.
In general. Been watching a fair bit of Socrates recently considering I have picked him in the last 2 drafts I have played.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Can't remember a game in which a player took that many freekicks or corners :lol:.

An excellent display topped off with a classic Baggio goal.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
blocked :( we are fecked if they starting to block serie a compilations!

harms

Staff
Interesting, I thought they had only purchased the rights to recent seasons (2018-2021). If an agency like this is going to claim old Serie A games, we're truly fecked, they're not going to settle for fair use.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
That's strange, they usually tend to claim copyrights and monetize the videos, but never used to block it.

Shame, as I was actually working on Weah's comp from the same game. He had a stormer on top of scoring that goal :(

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Shame, as I was actually working on Weah's comp from the same game. He had a stormer on top of scoring that goal :(
That's a pity. There's not a lot of all touch material out there on him.

Šjor Bepo

That's strange, they usually tend to claim copyrights and monetize the videos, but never used to block it.

upload it on vimeo if you already done a good amount of work, would love to watch him.

Šjor Bepo

this guy :lol:
Visibly drunk yet putting in a MOTM performance alongside Beppe....what would have been if he was sober? Towards the end he was barely standing on the pitch, few times fell over for no particular reason!

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

this guy :lol:
Visibly drunk yet putting in a MOTM performance alongside Beppe....what would have been if he was sober? Towards the end he was barely standing on the pitch, few times fell over for no particular reason!
Really impressive performance. Cremonese struggles to come to terms with his turn of pace.

That run at 8.27 though :drool: :drool: . Shame it wasn't a goal.

Šjor Bepo

sadness :(
but a classy peformance until the injury, that pass for Winter:drool:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

An impressive display given that he was man marked throughout the entire 90 minutes. Some absolutely delightful first touches to leave his marker for dead and his movement, disrupting the shape of Fiorentina's defense, played no small part in Vialli having a stormer imo.

Šjor Bepo

Absolute shocker on the ball from Lucho :lol:
But its interesting, nothing went his way that day yet i bet Robson was pleased with his performance, subbed 2 out of 4 attackers that day of which one was Figo yet he kept Enrique on the pitch even though they were chasing a score at that moment. Offers you so much of the ball that even when he fecks up 90% of his ball he is making a positive impact.

btw Redondo:drool::drool::drool:
Majestic performance, think slowly but surely im changing my mind when it comes to his defensive qualities. After watching all @Joga Bonito compilations and few games here and there im close to being quite happy with him as the main defensive presence in the team.

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A typically calm and assured display from Keane. One of United's better players that night, along with Stam imo.

Veron was brilliant though, was MOTM and deservedly so. A real shame how it didn't work out for him as young Scholes - Veron - Keane trio should have been amazing in theory.

Šjor Bepo

For some reason MUTV didnt showed the full game but most of it is here. Good performance by Becks but an absolute masterclass from a CB partnership of Gary Neville and Jaap Stam against peak Owen.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Clickbait cover!!
:lol: . Only managed to find one decent pic with Del Piero coming on for Baggio but the image dimensions were off so...

Felt like I had to have Baggio's pic there since the whole theme of the match was centred around Del Piero coming in for the injured Baggio, putting on the #10 shirt and bagging a hattrick against a strong Parma side (they were 2nd in the Serie A with Juve being 3rd).

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

:drool:
The more i watch Neville from the late 90s the more i rate him, what a fantastic footballer. Putting a monster performance from a CB position alongside Stam, both dominated peak Michael Owen.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

:drool:
The more i watch Neville from the late 90s the more i rate him, what a fantastic footballer. Putting a monster performance from a CB position alongside Stam, both dominated peak Michael Owen.
Brilliant performance, as the LCB as well. I think I underrate him in retrospect. Thought he was absolutely brilliant when he emerged in the mid to late 90s, then held some high profile blunders against him too much, especially as he was unfortunate in that he played in that absurdly great Thuram/Cafu/Zanetti era and suffered in comparison.

Himannv

I picked him in some draft (possibly in the Newbies) and got slaughtered. It probably didn't help that I played a diamond formation there so there were criticisms of his attacking play.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I picked him in some draft (possibly in the Newbies) and got slaughtered. It probably didn't help that I played a diamond formation there so there were criticisms of his attacking play.
IIRC Fergie said he would have been a CB if he were taller.

harms

Staff
I've tidied up the channel a bit, figured that Zidane's compilation would be a nice way to announce it. The goal is sublime, the assist is quite nice as well.

harms

Staff
Not sure if I'd seen peak Gullit in that role — it's usually either a much younger or a much older version. Weirdly enough, Ronald Koeman was pushed into midfield while Gullit assumed the role of a libero — and did brilliantly. His long passing is insane — and it's a bit of a shame that we don't see it that often when he plays further forward.

A must-see for any tactical/historical geeks and hipsters :drool:
@GodShaveTheQueen

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Not sure if I'd seen peak Gullit in that role — it's usually either a much younger or a much older version. Weirdly enough, Ronald Koeman was pushed into midfield while Gullit assumed the role of a libero — and did brilliantly. His long passing is insane — and it's a bit of a shame that we don't see it that often when he plays further forward.

@GodShaveTheQueen

That goal-line clearance/cushioned header to the keeper combo at 12:45 was just despicably nonchalant :lol:. Great video, remarkable footballer, would watch again.

GodShaveTheQueen

@GodShaveTheQueen

Feck you if you are calling me a hipster :lol:

Will watch and share thoughts later today

Šjor Bepo

Second gear for both Prosinecki and Zvezda was enough to walk over a very poor Rangers side @Gio
Though i bet Prosinecki loved this performance even though was okay-ish at best but he sold a good amount of ball rolls:lol:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Second gear for both Prosinecki and Zvezda was enough to walk over a very poor Rangers side @Gio
Though i bet Prosinecki loved this performance even though was okay-ish at best but he sold a good amount of ball rolls:lol:
Too good.

Red Star gave us a good seeing to in the first leg, winning 3-0, so the second leg was a formality, hence the flat atmosphere and half-empty stadium. Prosinecki just looks streets ahead and like he was coasting in third gear. Not the most impressive Rangers team and Aberdeen should have won the league that year. We were in between 2 good sides from the late 1980s (EC quarter-finalists in 87-88) and the 1992/93 team that almost reached the final.

Šjor Bepo

Too good.

Red Star gave us a good seeing to in the first leg, winning 3-0, so the second leg was a formality, hence the flat atmosphere and half-empty stadium. Prosinecki just looks streets ahead and like he was coasting in third gear. Not the most impressive Rangers team and Aberdeen should have won the league that year. We were in between 2 good sides from the late 1980s (EC quarter-finalists in 87-88) and the 1992/93 team that almost reached the final.
makes sense, was surprised how poor you were.....was actually hilarious to watch, Prosinecki took a step back, Savicevic was not playing so the destroyers went on to create and play football and even them were too much for that team.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

@GodShaveTheQueen

Yeah Gullit at libero is a ridiculous ace to have up your sleeve. Imagine squeezing a yard of space or wiggling away from your defensive marker then that unit is waiting in cover. Lovely range and consistency in his diagonals.