Match Compilations

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This performance left me with exactly one question — why the feck did he retire?

Uwe Seeler's farewell game saw him play against one of the toughest teams ever assembled (and it has to be one of the most entertaining non-competitive games that I've ever seen):
Banks, Schnellinger, Moore, Beckenbauer, Gemmell, Rivera, Charlton, Bene, Best, Müller & Hurst in the 1st time and
Maier, Moore, Mészöly, Höttges, Gemmel, Rivera, Charlton, Bene, Best, Eusébio & Džajić

He scored a brace, hit the post and forced multiple world-class saves from Banks and Maier, running up and down the pitch like he was 25. What a player!

harms

Staff

Some of his touches in the second half :drool:

Funnily enough, George Best will officially retire a couple of weeks after this game, aged just 26 (not for long though). Probably after seeing how fancy Seeler's send off turned out to be :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Wonderful, wonderful performance. He spends the first 70-ish minutes as a proper wide midfielder on the right before being pushed centrally for endspiel. Madrid were brutally kicking him all game — he won about 9 or 10 fouls, usually after bad tackles as well! Some crisp passing, pressing, tackling, getting goalscoring chances and, well, a goal to boot.
Back to the Past. That looks like Haaland on the left, fingering Mendieta.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Keane's performance against the Dutch in the 02 WC qualifiers is pretty much well known, but he was immense in the 02 WC qualifier against Figo's Portugal as well. Such a shame how it all eventually turned out at the 2002 WC though...
Damn. Insane performance. That's not how I remember Keano. It's better than that Juve's game.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

You dont often see Redondo struggling! Its a fun watch this late 90s el clasicos, on one side you have Madrid with better players while on other Barca that is much better trained(think LVG was the coach at the time).

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

You dont often see Redondo struggling! Its a fun watch this late 90s el clasicos, on one side you have Madrid with better players while on other Barca that is much better trained(think LVG was the coach at the time).
Dang. That's not good. He played like McTom here. Slow and no awareness.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Back to the Past. That looks like Haaland on the left, fingering Mendieta.
:lol::lol::lol: You're a glorious man Iso!

Damn. Insane performance. That's not how I remember Keano. It's better than that Juve's game.
Haven't even watched Joga's video yet but that's how I remember it as an Irish Utd supporter - Turin was an awesome demonstration of Keane bending matches to his will, but he's had better performances.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

It wasn't that uncommon around the late 1990s. That was when I first started watching La Liga regularly and there seemed to be somewhat of a disconnect between the reputations and the performances of Redondo and Seedorf. To be fair to Redondo he earned his reputation with his brilliance throughout the decade and it's perhaps only later on when he became less comfortable with the types of threats posed by that Barcelona side.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Haven't even watched Joga's video yet but that's how I remember it as an Irish Utd supporter - Turin was an awesome demonstration of Keane bending matches to his will, but he's had better performances.
I really undervalued Keano so much then. My young ignorance mind is my excuse when watching him before.

harms

Staff
This is pretty much the ultimate George Best' compilation — the only things that got omitted were his defensive contribution & general passing.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He has the workrate and playmaking of Nedved, trickery of Ronaldinho, and bravery of CRonaldo.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Wasn't overly influential as he played as a roaming second striker but scores a couple of beauties.

Šjor Bepo

Would say same as always but he was actually/finally good in the final third, lovely assist for Raul. It actually amazes me how consistent he can be on the other side with his brainfarts....

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Great game by Laudrup. Should have gotten a penalty early on and at least an assist or two.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A scrappy and a tightly fought game with Platini having that iconic goal of his being bizarrely disallowed (was on @harms vid on the best disallowed goals too)

harms

Staff
I have this game in better quality :( Have been meaning to do a Platini's comp from it for months now.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I have this game in better quality :( Have been meaning to do a Platini's comp from it for months now.
Oh :( .

Had actually been meaning to do a Laudrup comp but saw that the darned footballseventies guy had already done a Laudrup comp of it, so decided to do one on Platini, with highlights from Laudrup.

Šjor Bepo

Scrappy performance but was enough for the Celtic. Had few moments, few fights, lovely assist for the winner but its so sad to watch him in this state :(
Andy Goram was brilliant, Gough and Petric look a great pair for that level and Charlie Miller looks decent @Gio

Once again, Brian Laudrup pretty meh, where and when was his (club)peak? Looks pretty ordinary for Rangers every time i watch them.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Scrappy performance but was enough for the Celtic. Had few moments, few fights, lovely assist for the winner but its so sad to watch him in this state :(
Andy Goram was brilliant, Gough and Petric look a great pair for that level and Charlie Miller looks decent @Gio

Once again, Brian Laudrup pretty meh, where and when was his (club)peak? Looks pretty ordinary for Rangers every time i watch them.
All those Old Firm games followed the same pattern. Celtic have the better of the game, but Goram keeps them out. And then Gazza, Laudrup or McCoist kills them on the break.

He looked heavy and inbetween injuries there. Huffed and puffed a lot, but you can see him drifting deeper into the #6 position to get on the ball and escape the pressure. He's now at that stage where he started to fling his elbows about to compensate for his loss of acceleration. Gorgeous weighted cross for McCoist's winner though.

That was a poor season for Laudrup. He wasn't fit and was in and out the team with injuries. Only scored twice in the league all year and was pretty patchy in Europe too (as you saw in your Gazza comps). He got fit for the Euros in the summer of '96 and his performance against Hearts in the Cup Final a couple of weeks before was probably his best game for us - 3 assists and 2 goals in a 5-2 win. His 94/95 and 96/97 campaigns were much, much better.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

He and Stoichkov proved to be the difference here as Barca came back quite emphatically in the second half with Laudrup assisting 2 of Stoichkov's goals.

Šjor Bepo

Not often you can watch Suarez and Eusebio compete in water polo:drool:

Šjor Bepo

His class is heir apparent even in such horrid conditions. Plenty of graft to boot too.

Those cheeky back heels and reverse passes though...
best part, nothing beats a combination of a genius and a grafter

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Quite surreal watching Keane play against the likes of Irwin, Giggs, Ince and Schmeichel. A classic marauding performance from Keane, although he was a bit rough around the edges with his passing. Nonetheless, glimpses of his hallmark metronomic passing, which he would go on to refine at United, were apparent.

United simply struggled to deal with his dynamism and rampaging runs from midfield at times, whilst defensively Keane was a rock and the only Forest player who looked like he could deal with Giggs, who was on fire that day.

harms

Staff
Despite being only 19 years old Eusébio was already the main man at Portugal. He hit the post twice with ridiculous long-distance shots and was generally quite impressive, especially considering the circumstances — playing against the mighty England at home in a World Cup qualifier. Some nice dribbling as well.

Šjor Bepo

If you ever wanted to see Suarez playing like Fred, this is your chance! Awful game from him(yet still better then fecking Kubala :lol: ) but then puts his side into the final with an assist in the injury time...football bloody hell.