Match Compilations

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
20 years old Franz Beckenbauer plays alongside 21 years old Günter Netzer (with Horst Szymaniak in behind) against the future world champions England. Its incredible that he had been able to dominate such a game at his age and making it look so effortless as well!

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Platini plays a deeper role, with Laudrup's mercurial genius clinching the match for Juve against a Milan side featuring Baresi & Maldini.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Just magical, as usual. Should have had a hattrick if only the last goal wasn't ruled out.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

Spanish Dream Team getting spanked by the Czechoslovaks :drool:
Gento, Suarez, Del Sol joined by Santamaria and Puskas(and Martinez) but only really Suarez and Del Sol can hold their head high, others were poor, specially Gento.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Spanish Dream Team getting spanked by the Czechoslovaks :drool:
Gento, Suarez, Del Sol joined by Santamaria and Puskas(and Martinez) but only really Suarez and Del Sol can hold their head high, others were poor, specially Gento.
Anyone stand out for Czechoslovakia?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

An excellent performance from Hamrin who shows plenty of verve and trickery in this Cup Winner's Cup Final. Keep in mind that it was a 34 year old* Hamrin and hardly the sprightly blazing wing-forward that we saw in the 58 WC where he was one of the foremost attacking players, alongside partner in crime Skoglund.

Yet he'd go on to score one of the best goals of his career (better than his 58 goal against West Germany in the WC semi finals imo) and it's not too often that you see Willi Schulz made an absolute mug off, being left on his arse.

*He'd already moved to Serie A at the tender age of 21 and to Juventus no less, where he took up one of the two coveted foreign slots in the squad. He'd then move on to Fiorentina as a replacement for Julinho (no pressure lad) and establish himself as a La Viola legend and their all time top scorer, before finishing off with a swansong at Milan where he won the Serie A, Cup Winners Cup and the European Cup. A brilliant career overall which sees him feature at 8th at the top goalscorer list in Serie A, with only two foreigners (Nordahl being the other) being in the top 10.

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

An excellent performance from Hamrin who shows plenty of verve and trickery in this Cup Winner's Cup Final. Keep in mind that it was a 34 year old Hamrin and hardly the sprightly blazing wingman that we saw in the 58 WC where he was one of the foremost attacking players, alongside partner in crime Skoglund.

Yet he'd go on to score one of the best goals of his career (better than his 58 goal against West Germany in the WC semi finals imo) and it's not too often that you see Willi Schulz made an absolute mug off, being left on his arse.
Great goal. Impressively quick feet all round.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!

An excellent performance from Hamrin who shows plenty of verve and trickery in this Cup Winner's Cup Final. Keep in mind that it was a 34 year old* Hamrin and hardly the sprightly blazing wing-forward that we saw in the 58 WC where he was one of the foremost attacking players, alongside partner in crime Skoglund.

*He'd already moved to Serie A at the tender age of 21 and to Juventus no less, where he took up one of the two coveted foreign slots in the squad. He'd then move on to Fiorentina as a replacement for Julinho (no pressure lad) and establish himself as a La Viola legend and their all time top scorer, before finishing off with a swansong at Milan where he won the Serie A, Cup Winners Cup and the European Cup. A brilliant career overall which sees him feature at 8th at the top goalscorer list in Serie A, with only two foreigners (Nordahl being the other) being in the top 10.
Great watch. Good post.

Šjor Bepo

All this from less then 10 games :lol: Absolute Don, speaking of Dons, special thanks to @harms for photoshop work <3

harms

Staff
I'm actually thinking of doing Gento's rabona compilation — I think I've seen 3 at least, probably even 4... and that's without even looking for them. There's a skill that you don't really associate with that age!

While we're on the topic of nifty little things

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I'm actually thinking of doing Gento's rabona compilation — I think I've seen 3 at least, probably even 4... and that's without even looking for them. There's a skill that you don't really associate with that age!

While we're on the topic of nifty little things
Waddle is magnificent :drool: . My new ambition in life is to win a draft with him in the team.

harms

Staff

Not sure how interesting it is for anyone else but I can't believe that I finally got to watch a full game with the pre-incarceration version of Streltsov. Shades of Haaland there — a bit more technically savvy (there were 2 lovely nonchalant backheels that would lately become synonymous with him) but without Norwegian's thunderous shot, Streltsov always preferred accuracy over power in his finishing. Still, an absolute unit for a 19 years old, plays well with his back to goal, wonderful runs in behind and out wide (even though he got a bit tired near the end of the game). Scored 2 goals one of which was disallowed due to a yet another outright criminal offside call and should've had an assist for the winner (Ivanov had scored a deflection after Tatushin's shot).

Just as I assumed going by the written sources (and logic), he was way more mobile but his playmaking skills were not quite developed yet, although you could see some promise there already. He would've been soo good in just a few years without that whole non-football mess :(

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Not sure how interesting it is for anyone else but I can't believe that I finally got to watch a full game with the pre-incarceration version of Streltsov. Shades of Haaland there — a bit more technically savvy (there were 2 lovely nonchalant backheels that would lately become synonymous with him) but without Norwegian's thunderous shot, Streltsov always preferred accuracy over power in his finishing. Still, an absolute unit for a 19 years old, plays well with his back to goal, wonderful runs in behind and out wide (even though he got a bit tired near the end of the game). Scored 2 goals one of which was disallowed due to a yet another outright criminal offside call and should've had an assist for the winner (Ivanov had scored a deflection after Tatushin's shot).

Just as I assumed going by the written sources (and logic), he was way more mobile but his playmaking skills were not quite developed yet, although you could see some promise there already. He would've been soo good in just a few years without that whole non-football mess :(
Very interesting for any regular posters in this dark corner of the internet surely? Excellent work! He looks a different beast physically compared to your later-career videos and a proper threat with his off-the-shoulder runs at this stage of his career. Clearly a level above the norm in terms of both speed and physical strength, although trying to keep grounded I'm unsure if I could place him near the Haaland level in that regard. Clear signs of his awareness and invention there too, albeit not fully refined yet.

harms

Staff
Funnily enough, this happened right after I complained about how I haven't seen Fritz Walter play at the level I expected him to. Ridiculous performance in which he attempts to play 9 backheel passes, nutmegs a few people as well as creating multiple chances for his teammates and almost beating Yashin himself with a good header.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Funnily enough, this happened right after I complained about how I haven't seen Fritz Walter play at the level I expected him at. Ridiculous performance in which he attempt to play 9 backheel passes, nutmegs a few people as well as creating multiple chances for his teammates and almost beating Yashin himself with a good header.

Insane performance that. Love the weight of his passes and how quick witted he is with his backheels, one touch and reverse passes. Excellent ball control too! Had expected a more forward-like player but he looks like a proper playmaker in this clip.

That backheel @3.31 though :drool: .

Šjor Bepo

feck backheels, thats one amazing performance! Looks brilliant! A bit to backheel hungry for my taste but considering it was a circus game its forgiven.
Yashin :drool:

harms

Staff
Outstanding performance that even further convinced me that Netto would've been a great Busquets replacement. Watching the opposition trying to press him is hilarious. Certainly the best Netto's performance that I saw — although the other game against Germany may have been just as good, it's just that the camera angle left too much to imagination.

Netto's presence in this game had pretty much secured the midfield and USSR was relatively comfortable in the game due to this control — even though Walter had an incredible individual performance.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Outstanding performance that even further convinced me that Netto would've been a great Busquets replacement. Watching the opposition trying to press him is hilarious. Certainly the best Netto's performance that I saw — although the other game against Germany may have been just as good, it's just that the camera angle left too much to imagination.

Netto's presence in this game had pretty much secured the midfield and USSR was relatively comfortable in the game due to this control — even though Walter had an incredible individual performance.

Slick and tidy again. Must confess my Roy Keane spirit animal prefers Netto's functional and impactful performance to Walters' sexy but somewhat flowery showing.

Good work on both of these videos in shining a light on those guys on the fringes of our footage database.