Match Compilations

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
edit: nevermind, fecked it up

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
had duplicated actions few times in the vid
There still is still one double action left that I’ve noticed (a pass in behind to the left side on the box) but it isn’t that bad :)

I didn’t note the time though.

Wonderful, wonderful stuff. He became a better player after adjusting to Serie A‘s physicality but there’s just something different about his almost naive playful elegance while playing in Eredivisie.

Šjor Bepo

There still is still one double action left that I’ve noticed (a pass in behind to the left side on the box) but it isn’t that bad :)

I didn’t note the time though.

Wonderful, wonderful stuff. He became a better player after adjusting to Serie A‘s physicality but there’s just something different about his almost naive playful elegance while playing in Eredivisie.
meh one is okay, dont really have time to go into details with it so this will do :D

Yeah, Ajax version is such a joy to watch while the Milan version is almost Messi like in terms of efficiency - like every move(with or without the ball) was the correct one.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Yeah, Ajax version is such a joy to watch while the Milan version is almost Messi like in terms of efficiency - like every move(with or without the ball) was the correct one.
Think you said in your original post that, while you may love a few other CFs more, MvB is your #1 when looking purely at ability. I'm at the same point by now; he was the perfect CF, not just good but brilliant at everything.

Although when I then start to think of Müller and Ronaldo, each of these 3 is so unique, and by far the best at what he did. Guess it's a matter of preference in the end.

Last edited:

Demyanenko_square_jaw

I think Van Basten looked notably slower even just a few seasons into his Milan days, the sort of dribbles he attempted at Ajax are very rare by 89/90. His ankle problems were obviously quite severe. a less versatile, talented player might not have adapted at all.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I think Van Basten looked notably slower even just a few seasons into his Milan days, the sort of dribbles he attempted at Ajax are very rare by 89/90. His ankle problems were obviously quite severe. a less versatile, talented player might not have adapted at all.
That's actually a question I had: How did the early phase of his injury troubles impact his game. (He missed a lot of his first Milan season already.) Your post is obviously an answer to that.

I've been watching a 1990 game, and he already looks different in style there. More of a conventional CF game, although still very classy of course.

Last edited:

harms

Staff

While Juventus were busy trying to kick Maradona off the pitch (semi-successfully), Careca went ahead and scored a hat-trick. Juventus fielded not one and not two but three supposed Platini successors — Rui Barros, Oleksandr Zavarov & Michel Laudrup and faired pretty well up front but lost 3:5 anyway.

harms

Staff

Kicked to fecking death. Still managed to get an assist and got involved in the other goal and generally you can see how his partners had way more space because of how tightly Diego was marked.

Šjor Bepo

Found nice little gem while doing a vid for scrappy :drool:

Šjor Bepo

Not that impressed tbh, some good stuff but also some bad stuff and even few comical ones....
One thing i didnt like was that he was quite passive in his defensive actions yet his reading of the game didnt match that so often he would end up in no mans land while the attacker would be free to take the ball and turn or to freely lay it off. When he went aggressive he was pretty dominant so no idea why he didnt do it more often.

harms

Staff

As a follow-up to the World Cup game. Sir Bobby scores the equalizer, sets up multiple chances including the one leading to the penalty (Lee fecks it up) and the eventual winner (Lee makes up for the earlier miss) and hits the woodwork twice — the first shot is especially memorable: quick turn to get himself to a shooting position and an instant rocket shot past the keeper with his right, weaker foot.

Šjor Bepo

This third division games are fascinating to watch from Pep and Busquets perspective, hard to see a genius of Pep from those one of games as even though they are La Masia players, they arent that good so it doesnt look like Pep ball.
Busquets on the other hand stands out like a sore thumb, head and shoulders above the rest even though i reckon 90% of his teammates have zero idea how good he is as he is often ignored for a complicated solution. You could say in hindsight that of course he sticks out but Pedro is also playing and he doesnt.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan

Don't think there has been a Bergomi compilation so far - so here is his great allround display versus Danish Dynamite at the 1988 EUROs. His assist for Italy's second goal is missing, it can be found here at 8:37.

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Not sure if the link works, I get an error (edit: only on Firefox, it seems) - but you can click & watch it on youtube.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Don't think there has been a Bergomi compilation so far - so here is his great allround display versus Danish Dynamite at the 1988 EUROs. His assist for Italy's second goal is missing, it can be found here at 8:37.
impressive that they didnt block it.....also, want a percentage for the highlighting technique :wenger:

harms

Staff
Speaking of... and yeah, I've done Redondo too, but the second half Laudrup was just :drool:

One of my favorites game of Redondo...

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2020...hletic-bilbao-5-0-real-madrid-1996-highlights

This game is known as "La Noche De Michael Laudrup", but it was pretty much all Redondo.

Luis Enrique on left back is probably the most hilarious thing. :lol:

A pretty much classic 4-4-2 because Laudrup really prefered that left side and could pick a dangerous cross at all times. But Redondo was running the game.

Šjor Bepo

Cruised it. Apart from the offside trap midway through. :nervous:

How was Lacatus?
On paper his Benfica stint looks more impressive then the Marseille one but you can see he was a more polished player in france, he is still pretty damn good here but in Marseille he was on another level.

Honestly cant say, difficult to follow 2 players and when i could i was trying to see what Hagi is doing(didnt do anything).

Demyanenko_square_jaw

There's a compilation for Hagi in that game on the footballseventies account. Quite possible like a lot of their comps, that it might have quite a few moments missing.

mostly well defended/pressed, or fouled when needed, but does create some dangerous opportunities that are quickly shut down, 1:20, great pass at 2:10 that looks like a penalty and 3:13 (possible dubious offside call here?) looks the sort of game where someone's not doing that well moment to moment, but could end up with 2 or 3 assists if attacks had been played out very slightly different.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

That's reminded me of this clip. Ion Dumitru vs Nantes. He was the highest regarded creative midfielder in 70s Romania with Dobrin and Nunweiller. At the end of his career here, but strolling about the park with a casual grace and plays some wonderful passes in a similar style to Wolfgang Overath...alongside a couple of bizarre efforts to completely nowhere. Worth watching just for the high risk acrobatic pass out of defence at 4:00

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Wouldn't want to run into him in midfield battle, that's for sure. Love how he just keeps the things ticking in the midfield.

Know people called him "Beckenbauer from Zmijavci, but imo he is probably the closest thing Yugoslavia/Croatia had to someone like Keane. Absolute tragedy has career ended at the age of just 26.

Šjor Bepo

Wouldn't want to run into him in midfield battle, that's for sure. Love how he just keeps the things ticking in the midfield.

Know people called him "Beckenbauer from Zmijavci, but imo he is probably the closest thing Yugoslavia/Croatia had to someone like Keane. Absolute tragedy has career ended at the age of just 26.
Specially considering everyone else is complicating, though more so in Yugoslavia team though then in this well drilled machine :drool:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The crazy thing is that he was also rapid as feck with fantastic acceleration, so even Keane comparasion is slightly off the mark in that sense. Just an amazing player.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

The goals against a solid Dnipro team (with Litovchenko and Protasov duo) in the uefa cup are a good showcase of his athleticism on a bad pitch. From what i've seen, he seemed to play very well in the wide areas too. A versatile player.

Šjor Bepo

duracell bunny :drool:
not the greatest on the ball display(awful pitch) but ran like a madman, offered very needed simplicity at times as everyone else went Hollywood and even though was a bit off in possession he managed to grap an assist for the winner.

Edit: youtube and fifa can feck off

Šjor Bepo

Rarely posting a Busquets vid here but thought this might have interest as its something you dont see often, him playing as a bloody striker of all positions :lol: