Match Compilations

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

No goals or assists in this one (don't think that sublime backheel which resulted in Möller's goal counts) but a scintillating display nonetheless, featuring some truly :drool: moments.

Edit: A great game to see the dynamic between Baggio - Möller - Vialli.

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Arguably his most refined playmaking display from the games that I've watched thus far. Caps it off with a stunning goal too, although he was subbed off at 65 mins due to Antonio Conte being sent off. Poor Bergkamp had a wretched match whilst Sosa was excellent.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A standard game from Müller - some nice touches, quirky dribbles inside the box, great link up play and a brace to go along with it.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan

A standard game from Müller - some nice touches, quirky dribbles inside the box, great link up play and a brace to go along with it.
Great that you did that - I watched almost every Müller game available, but never got round to that one for its poor image quality.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Great that you did that - I watched almost every Müller game available, but never got round to that one for its poor image quality.
It wasn't hard discerning Müller due to his short and stocky frame, but differentiating Beckenbauer was relatively much harder (off the ball obviously, on the ball there was no question whatsoever :D).

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A playmaking masterclass from the Italian maestro.

Rather unfortunate to be on the losing side and had his teammates been a tad bit more clinical, he might very well have lifted the UEFA Cup twice in a row.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That is great stuff. Didn't know you did these will check out the others.
Yeah I’m slowly getting to grips with editing so quality will be getting better with each vid I hope.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

An incredible performance by Zico that highlights every aspect of his attacking game. First 2/3 of the game he is pulling the strings from midfield (his ability to pick out execute a through-ball was absolutely unreal) before scoring 4 goals in the last 20 minutes.

My favourite moment of the game — Junior's assist that would make Laudrup proud.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A Hattrick of Assists in the title deciding game, helping Juve end their 8 year Serie A barren run.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Not one of Müller's better matches tbh. Nonetheless he always provides options on the ball to his teammates with his willing and intelligent running off the ball, in conjunction with his link up play.

Immaculate as usual but plays a conventional CB role, so it's an interesting game for anyone who is interested in seeing his defensive skills in isolation from his ball playing libero skills.

harms

Staff

Some great stuff there by a pretty much peak Netzer, despite the fact that he seems to get fouled within a second of getting the ball. This game should've not have taken place though.

harms

Staff

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A brilliant performance from Zanetti playing as the RM in a 4-4-2 (of sorts) :drool:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
This was in plans ever since i rewatched the game for Seeler compilation, so been a while! Amazing final performance from Alan Ball, in fact i watched those two teams going against each other few more times and every time Ball was playing on a high level! I know @Joga Bonito was looking forward to this one, not sure if he will stay in that mood once he sees the duration :D

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
This was in plans ever since i rewatched the game for Seeler compilation, so been a while! Amazing final performance from Alan Ball, in fact i watched those two teams going against each other few more times and every time Ball was playing on a high level! I know @Joga Bonito was looking forward to this one, not sure if he will stay in that mood once he sees the duration :D
:lol: . Watched half of it (will watch the rest later) and he's just as impressive as I remembered him to be. Shame there are no statistics but I really do wonder how much ground he covered on that day...

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Classic game from Müller.

Another good game to see his defensive prowess in isolation.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

First game that I've seen Baggio leading the line without a center forward ahead of him (Schillachi, Vialli, Weah, Ravanelli etc).

Was relatively quiet for the majority of the first half owing to a lack of supply - Di Canio had some good touches but wasn't influential. Still managed to win and miss a penalty and ended the 1st half with a goal to his name, thanks to some Savicevic magic.

Once Baggio and Savicevic got going, Parma didn't know what hit them. Really shows off his movement off the ball, hold up and link up play in this game.

Has an iffy beginning but boy does he redeem himself with a brilliant assist near the end of the first half. With Di Canio being subbed off for Lentini, Savicevic assumes a free role behind Baggio and starts imposing himself, culminating in a back heel assist and a fantastic team goal in the 2nd half.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A top notch performance with a goal and an assist to show for it.

Another good performance in Pelé's final game for the Seleção.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A quiet outing since Yugoslavia got the opener at 13 minutes and decided to shut up shop.

Still manages to show his brilliant crossing in this game (has to be one of the most 'clinical' crossers I've seen).

That being said his gameplay is interesting in some ways. When his team is in possession he stays on the left and offers an option off the ball, albeit a static one (doesn't make too many off the ball runs and prefers the ball to his feet, take on his man, play one-twos etc, ala Garrincha)

Whilst his side is not in possession, he doesn't offer much work rate if any and drifts inwards but doesn't offer much of a threat, unless it's making a run inwards into the box whilst his team is in possession.

Strange, since he has the dribbling, pace and the crossing ability of a winger but not necessarily the dynamism off the ball or the ability to drop and drive forward from deeper positions.

Not exactly a wing forward either as he doesn't possess the incisiveness or the same threat from central areas, although his game play off the ball is similar to one.

Sort of a weird hybrid between both although I probably wouldn't play him as a conventional winger in a 4-4-2.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

One of the best games that I've seen from Zidane - runs the show in AC Milan's worst ever home defeat at the San Siro (sources differ on this). Plays as the CM and shows plenty of grit (and class obviously).

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

A quiet outing since Yugoslavia got the opener at 13 minutes and decided to shut up shop.

Still manages to show his brilliant crossing in this game (has to be one of the most 'clinical' crossers I've seen).

That being said his gameplay is interesting in some ways. When his team is in possession he stays on the left and offers an option off the ball, albeit a static one (doesn't make too many off the ball runs and prefers the ball to his feet, take on his man, play one-twos etc, ala Garrincha)

Whilst his side is not in possession, he doesn't offer much work rate if any and drifts inwards but doesn't offer much of a threat, unless it's making a run inwards into the box whilst his team is in possession.

Strange, since he has the dribbling, pace and the crossing ability of a winger but not necessarily the dynamism off the ball or the ability to drop and drive forward from deeper positions.

Not exactly a wing forward either as he doesn't possess the incisiveness or the same threat from central areas, although his game play off the ball is similar to one.

Sort of a weird hybrid between both although I probably wouldn't play him as a conventional winger in a 4-4-2.
Kind of a Garrincha of the left then? Probably best suited on the left side of a 433 with relatively hard working right winger/forward

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Always looked like a #10 operating out wide. In a good way because it exploited his pinpoint crossing and his shimmying dribbling. From what I remember of Euro ‘68, he played centrally much of the time floating between the AMC and LW positions.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Kind of a Garrincha of the left then? Probably best suited on the left side of a 433 with relatively hard working right winger/forward
Aye, although the difference being that Dzajic was one of the greatest crossers ever and Garrincha was more of an individualistic threat, capable of winning matches single handedly.

Always looked like a #10 operating out wide. In a good way because it exploited his pinpoint crossing and his shimmying dribbling. From what I remember of Euro ‘68, he played centrally much of the time floating between the AMC and LW positions.
True. Have to check out more footage from that tournament though.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Baggio plays like a man possessed, with a point to prove and only he could prove it with such style and panache.

His former club, AC Milan and Fabio Capello had no idea what hit them and they could only sit back, watch dazed as Baggio weaved his magic.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

Baggio plays like a man possessed, with a point to prove and only he could prove it with such style and panache.

His former club, AC Milan and Fabio Capello had no idea what hit them and they could only sit back, watch dazed as Baggio weaved his magic.
Fantastic:drool:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A great game to see Müller's selfless link up play.

A commandeering performance from Beckenbauer.

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A great all round display as usual.

Post-injuries Law but just as deadly. Becomes United's leading goalscorer in European Competitions on this day, overtaking Dennis Viollet.