Match Compilations

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I think I’ve reached the limit of my understanding of English language as I have no idea what you’re trying to say :wenger:
I meant one can even make a compilation of his passes/assists/goals/freekicks where he uses the outside of his foot considering he uses it so often as evident from your above video

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
:lol: Good job that wasn't a draft game. There's no way they could win. The use of Hoddle was really poor in England. He played in a midfield 2 with Robson, although that made a bit more sense.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
:lol: Good job that wasn't a draft game. There's no way they could win. The use of Hoddle was really poor in England. He played in a midfield 2 with Robson, although that made a bit more sense.
United saw our posts and decided to up the stakes with a midfield duo of Pogba and Bruno :drool:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

He was brilliant in the first half but got less and less effective after the break. It wasn't too surprising since he was hackled down mercilessly and Scotland in general was a mess (in the last 30-40 minutes their main tactic seemed to be to kick a long ball towards 162 cm tall Johnstone and hope for the best).

Šjor Bepo

Very good performance though helped a lot by moronic refs waving everything as offside but thats a different pair of shoes. Defended very good, passing was great, specially for that era where even the playmakers were more hit and miss style. Very two footed, even when under no pressure he will hit the pass with either foot, love that.
@Synco @Physiocrat

harms

Staff
A decent showing in the European Cup final with Burgnich man-marking him individually. Although you can see that Johnston still lacks consistency in his final product.

I've read a brilliant quote in a match report from a different game which sums up Johnstone perfectly:
In the excitement of last night Jimmy looked to be back at his old and irritating tricks of beating one man after another and then losing the ball when success appeared imminent

Demyanenko_square_jaw

I can advise this near 40 minute all-touches collection of Anatoliy Byshovets if in need of a break from excessive dribbling and inconsistent end product.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

The pure greed of his style is immense. you can quickly see why he was so often criticised after his breakthrough prolific, injury-free 1966 season for playing only for himself, and being too wasteful. Also why he was hardly ever fully fit and had to retire at 27...he's been getting hacked down repeatedly in every game. I believe the England game is one where he has talked about getting injured early, but playing on and making things worse.

Still, he manages to create some decisive moments in most of the games, alongside the wastefulness, could easily have assisted the winner in that semi-final against Italy if there was better finishing for one of the few times he focuses on getting his cross in. His goals record and opinions on his performances for Kyiv and the national team was a good one in big games, but he must have been a highly frustrating player to play alongside throughout a full season. I know Streltsov felt all the criticism was justified, even while recognising what he could do in his more focused plays.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
A decent showing in the European Cup final with Burgnich man-marking him individually. Although you can see that Johnston still lacks consistency in his final product.

I've read a brilliant quote in a match report from a different game which sums up Johnstone perfectly:
A few of the Rangers old-timers felt that Johnstone was the more talented player, but it was Lennox on the other wing who actually hurted us and was therefore the more dangerous player. Might just be contrarian for the sake of it, but I can certainly see where they are coming from.

harms

Staff
A few of the Rangers old-timers felt that Johnstone was the more talented player, but it was Lennox on the other wing who actually hurted us and was therefore the more dangerous player. Might just be contrarian for the sake of it, but I can certainly see where they are coming from.
Lennox is certainly underrated, he’s hardly even being mentioned but what an effective players he was. Very much the complete opposite of Johnstone, every trick that he did was to take him closer to the goal and boy was he clinical in front of it. Watching tons of footage for this future Johnstone video had only convinced me more that he at the very least isn’t far off the wee man.

He won’t beat 5 players in a row like Johnstone would but on occasion but he’s be the most consistent threat over a game if it’s not one of those special nights for Jinky.

Wallace was pretty great as well.

Šjor Bepo

Lennox is certainly underrated, he’s hardly even being mentioned but what an effective players he was. Very much the complete opposite of Johnstone, every trick that he did was to take him closer to the goal and boy was he clinical in front of it. Watching tons of footage for this future Johnstone video had only convinced me more that he at the very least isn’t far off the wee man.

He won’t beat 5 players in a row like Johnstone would but on occasion but he’s be the most consistent threat over a game if it’s not one of those special nights for Jinky.

Wallace was pretty great as well.
so pretty much Nani vs peak Valencia :)

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
so pretty much Nani vs peak Valencia :)
Peak Nani was very productive. He made much better decisions when played on the right as he could cross earlier and didn't dally. The problem was he was switched to the left for ages and then injuries started to hit him. He was great in 10-11 and pretty darn good in 11-12.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Lennox would be a better fit in modern games than Johnstone. He was a better in final third than Jimmy, very clever, two footed player and better striking techniques. He would be a left forward in 4-3-3 modern system. I feel like Jimmy must be adapted some of his games in modern era.

Šjor Bepo

Didnt impress here, good thing is that defensive wise he was always in position so that type of performance you cant really call a weak one but in possession he didnt really look like a midfielder, was barely involved and it had a feeling that he doesnt really know where to move. Would need to check few more games of him in midfield(sadly no more footage available from Verona)....

Elkjaer on the other hand:drool:

Šjor Bepo

just brilliant, lost of words for that guy.....

Šjor Bepo

teen Laudrup playing hide and seek at Wembley, did create a goal(penalty) though but a poor showing for the young pup and was subbed at HT

harms

Staff

teen Laudrup playing hide and seek at Wembley, did create a goal(penalty) though but a poor showing for the young pup and was subbed at HT
I also have one from that game :lol:
Although overall we do have a few overlays between me, you and Joga.

harms

Staff

Pure magic. Possibly his best performance for Denmark? Especially considering the stage and the opponent.

harms

Staff

MotM performance against West Germany at the 1986 World Cup. Flawless defensively, brilliant in the build-up & won the game-winning penalty in one of his famous forward runs.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

MotM performance against West Germany at the 1986 World Cup. Flawless defensively, brilliant in the build-up & won the game-winning penalty in one of his famous forward runs.
Underrated and very versatile player( former cmf and right winger). He should be picked more in draft-competitions. Maybe if I have enough time to play next draft-games, he will be one of my contenders( and he was 36 years old at that match).