Matchday parking near OT

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Couldnt find a thread for this and apologise if its in the wrong forum :)

Where do people normally park on match days apart from the official car parks?

Has anyone parked on Elevator road before and how easy was it to get away? I parked near the Victoria warehouse during the Albion game and got completely boxed in. Had to wait an hour and a half for someone to move their car before I could get out and dont want a repeat scenario :lol:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I park down by Bridgwater Canal. £6 and is fairly easy to get out of. The traffic can be a pain if you need to get down the Chester Road though.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
If you don't mind a 15/20 minute walk, I normally park at on Davyhulme Road (Just off A56). Its a public road so saves you £10, which adds up when you go a fair few times a year! Also easy to get away onto the M60 afterwards.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
I'm staying near the trafford centre with family after the PSV so dont really mind the traffic tomorrow as long as i'm not boxed in anywhere!

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I'm staying near the trafford centre with family after the PSV so dont really mind the traffic tomorrow as long as i'm not boxed in anywhere!
In that case I would definitely recommend Davyhulme Road, only a few miles to the Trafford centre and you should be able to avoid the busier routes. There's a school called Victoria Park Junior school, you can park for free around there. Don't go into the school to park though as they charge £10

ManUArfa

Hi all
I've managed to get tickets for my son and myself for the City game tomorrow. Are there any updates on best parking as there are none left at the ground to buy? I live in the Midlands so will be using the M6.
Are the above options still good? I also read about the Lowry Centre on a similar thread to this one but much older.
Cheers
'Arfa job

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hi all
I've managed to get tickets for my son and myself for the City game tomorrow. Are there any updates on best parking as there are none left at the ground to buy? I live in the Midlands so will be using the M6.
Are the above options still good? I also read about the Lowry Centre on a similar thread to this one but much older.
Cheers
'Arfa job
Just park at one of the metros, ideally Altrincham, and get the metro in followed by a 10min walk.

Alternatively, nice and early at the cricket club.
Easy.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If you get in around 1 hour before KO, bearing in mind it's less busy at OT this season than it has been in a decade...look for one of the side streets off Trafford road, e.g. Crowther Road (as you come off the M602 roundabout).

You might have a 15 minute walk depending on how fit and fast you are, but a freebie is nice.

If you're willing to run back, you might get stuck for about 15 mins attempting to get back on the motorway.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Go to for us was Imperial War Museum carpark but I swear last time it'd gone up to £15, which is insane. Especially as it's a 5-10 min walk.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Go to for us was Imperial War Museum carpark but I swear last time it'd gone up to £15, which is insane. Especially as it's a 5-10 min walk.
Our usual place have put it up from £6 to a tenner, they must be laughing all the way to the bank

Hughie77

Just park at one of the metros, ideally Altrincham, and get the metro in followed by a 10min walk.

Alternatively, nice and early at the cricket club.
Easy.
Agree cricket club, or if your staying over some hotels charge a small amount, last time I went any way. But for safety sake cricket club is where I usually go, but like above early.

GazTheLegend

I park at Sale Water Parks park and ride.

I’m 45 mins from old Trafford and it’s brilliant for the m6. You park your car up, buy a zone 1-2-3 tram ticket then get the tram in.

What’s brilliant is more the way back because every man and their dog want the Altrincham line - the water park ones on the airport line so you might get foreign away fans in European games but otherwise the regulars are on the altrincham line and you won’t struggle to get on the tram.

Also it’s cheap - cost of the tram ticket to park and if you go early you can go into Manchester proper, or Salford quays or wherever.

This is all thinking from a coming from the South sort of route though, if I was coming from the north I might do something different

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I park at Sale Water Parks park and ride.

I’m 45 mins from old Trafford and it’s brilliant for the m6. You park your car up, buy a zone 1-2-3 tram ticket then get the tram in.

What’s brilliant is more the way back because every man and their dog want the Altrincham line - the water park ones on the airport line so you might get foreign away fans in European games but otherwise the regulars are on the altrincham line and you won’t struggle to get on the tram.

Also it’s cheap - cost of the tram ticket to park and if you go early you can go into Manchester proper, or Salford quays or wherever.

This is all thinking from a coming from the South sort of route though, if I was coming from the north I might do something different
Had to go and check a map for this one...as I didn't realise you came in from the south when you prevo mentioned this.

Presuming that you walk to Trafford Bar then? And looking at the map, then make sure you get on the Manchester Airport route, not the Altrincham one! Also avoiding the East Didsbury line that seems to split off just before. (Sounds a bit too much work for my by then knackered mind!)

Is it really that much quicker than just going to Old Trafford station, always getting on the 2nd tram (at worst) and then just taking it to either Brooklands (only other station with parking), or Altrincham?
I'm a habit animal!

GazTheLegend

Had to go and check a map for this one...as I didn't realise you came in from the south when you prevo mentioned this.

Presuming that you walk to Trafford Bar then? And looking at the map, then make sure you get on the Manchester Airport route, not the Altrincham one! Also avoiding the East Didsbury line that seems to split off just before. (Sounds a bit too much work for my by then knackered mind!)

Is it really that much quicker than just going to Old Trafford station, always getting on the 2nd tram (at worst) and then just taking it to either Brooklands (only other station with parking), or Altrincham?
I'm a habit animal!
I guess it just depends on the luck of the draw.

Yea I walk to the Trafford bar - it really was insanely fast last time I did it. Lots of people walk there afterwards for the other lines which have trams filled with sardines worths of people.

Don’t think I’ve ever mentioned my parking habits before, think this is the first time unless I did so pissed at Christmas :nervous:

But it was unbelievably pain free compared to the last time I was at Old Trafford

It’s a brand new line so not a lot of people know about it - and there’s another line going up at the Trafford centre which has another 5 stops. It’s not built yet but I wonder at whether there’s gonna be some good northern options coming soon!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I guess it just depends on the luck of the draw.

Yea I walk to the Trafford bar - it really was insanely fast last time I did it. Lots of people walk there afterwards for the other lines which have trams filled with sardines worths of people.

Don’t think I’ve ever mentioned my parking habits before, think this is the first time unless I did so pissed at Christmas :nervous:

But it was unbelievably pain free compared to the last time I was at Old Trafford

It’s a brand new line so not a lot of people know about it - and there’s another line going up at the Trafford centre which has another 5 stops. It’s not built yet but I wonder at whether there’s gonna be some good northern options coming soon!
It shows how shocking my Manchester knowledge is as the map looks like Piccadilly and the airport are different directions when i presumed both were "the other direction" from alty!