Matheus Cunha

Scholsey2004

Like the stats showing joe Allen as the best passer in europe at one time? Yeh. I’ll trust fans who’ve been watching him regularly. Skill and such are hard to judge. But laziness is certainly much easier to spot.
Well stats arent perfect but getting a decent number of pressures per game whilst also being lazy doesnt seem compatible. Unless he's getting them by accident chasing a butterfly around the pitch.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Would welcome him here, but how on earth would he cost 50m when he only had average 6 goals per season for the past 3 years. And why is people saying he is good dribbler when he only has average 0.2 dribble per game last season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would welcome him here, but how on earth would he cost 50m when he only had average 6 goals per season for the past 3 years. And why is people saying he is good dribbler when he only has average 0.2 dribble per game last season.
Dribbling stats excellent in his previous seasons though. Which would tend to make me wonder if there's some positional/tactical/role change that saw him dribble less last season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Well stats arent perfect but getting a decent number of pressures per game whilst also being lazy doesnt seem compatible. Unless he's getting them by accident chasing a butterfly around the pitch.
There are things like making off the ball running, distance covered, challenging for ball, amount iof passings to consider for work rate.
And several fans who watched him regularly mentioning his laziness.

AussieDevil

He would be great in a system but it won’t work unless you have two goal scoring wingers outside of him. Rashford isn’t good enough and Sancho is more of the playmaker type so it really wouldn’t make sense to sign Cunha.

ken11

We’re still a massive club that most players in the world would join in a heartbeat.
Most players in the world that aren't already in the top 4 teams of every major European league and who aren't getting paid 80k/week.

Waynne

He would be great in a system but it won’t work unless you have two goal scoring wingers outside of him. Rashford isn’t good enough and Sancho is more of the playmaker type so it really wouldn’t make sense to sign Cunha.
The way the game is played nowadays is you defend from the front. You see players like Mane, Salah hounding you the moment they lose the ball. We need players like that if we're going to be pressing from the front.
Rashford is no good even as a striker so I don't see him in 10Hags plans. Sancho is best through the middle anyways as that's where he was playing his best footy for Dortmund. No idea why he's thrown out wide, unless his role in future is to come central from wide positions.

Irwin99

Maybe he could do a lot of of Ronaldo's running for him in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 :confused:

...Ronaldo was complaining that he wanted a proper striker up top with him last season to help him.

CarbonStoolBites

He scored 6 goals for them, 0 in 7 matches for Brazil?and they want 50m for him? Okie.

Danny Ings has scored 49 in 123 in his last three seasons for reference, playing for Southampton and Aston Villa.

If we need goals then buy someone who can score them.

croadyman

He scored 6 goals for them, 0 in 7 matches for Brazil?and they want 50m for him? Okie.

Danny Ings has scored 49 in 123 in his last three seasons for reference, playing for Southampton and Aston Villa.

Yeah there seems to be a lack of goals in targets

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

He probably presses though. That’s the new fetish people have. As long as he presses feck the goals.

::sonny::

Don’t see this happening, only the 500th name of the day as usual

They never have been in Madrid as well

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hijack the Nunes Wolves deal, for the same price as this guy. Why cant this fkn club do things right? :(

OmarUnited4ever

€50M is too much, €20M to €25M is a fair valuation, he is only 23, plays with Brazil NT, and has some good qualities, a far better option than the other names touted like Arnautovic or Vardy.

I have not seen much of him with AM, but I thought he would be a competition for Felix, Correa & Griezmann for the 2 strikers roles in Simeone's 352 formation and Morata is the one who was surplus to requirements but yesterday Morata started alongside Felix and scored 2 goals in a 3-0 win against Getafe.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Dribbling stats excellent in his previous seasons though. Which would tend to make me wonder if there's some positional/tactical/role change that saw him dribble less last season.
Well but 0.2 dribble per game is about the worst one can find from any forward player.

TehRed

Sounds like if we do get him, there could be a shift to (dare I say it) a Liverpool style tactic where they had Firmino as a false 9 who was quite active with pressing, and the wide players (Salah and Mane) got a majority of the goals.

With us you'd assume it would be and attempt to get more out of Sancho and Rashford, whilst helping with pressing and ball recoveries in the middle of the pitch.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Sounds like if we do get him, there could be a shift to (dare I say it) a Liverpool style tactic where they had Firmino as a false 9 who was quite active with pressing, and the wide players (Salah and Mane) got a majority of the goals.

With us you'd assume it would be and attempt to get more out of Sancho and Rashford, whilst helping with pressing and ball recoveries in the middle of the pitch.
We’ll be wasting our time, rashford couldn’t score in an empty net. All the players have to be hard working in order for that style to work… starting from defence to attack. Even when Liverpool had 10 men they was battering palace because they all work hard together. When we go down to 10 men we crumble and concede 3 goals.

jeepers

Wasn't he linked with Liverpool quite heavily at one point before he moved to Atletico? Wonder why they didn't go for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think the idea of a forward who can be the orchestrator of the high press while also being technical gifted, is exciting. However, it's important that we see him as someone who is ready to make the step up either with regards to 1) Goal scoring or 2) Hold up / CF play. Otherwise, we still need a number 9 (and RW too).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think the idea of a forward who can be the orchestrator of the high press while also being technical gifted, is exciting. However, it's important that we see him as someone who is ready to make the step up either with regards to 1) Goal scoring or 2) Hold up / CF play. Otherwise, we still need a number 9 (and RW too).
Pretty much sums it up. If he can't score goals but he's got good energy levels we could find someone from league 2 to do that.

50m for those type of returns is an absolute joke. We'd be better trying to get Morata on loan than him for that amount or just go get Danny Ings or somebody like that.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Never heard of him to be honest. Any help is better than non, so fingers crossed it works out.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
€50M is too much, €20M to €25M is a fair valuation, he is only 23, plays with Brazil NT, and has some good qualities, a far better option than the other names touted like Arnautovic or Vardy.

I have not seen much of him with AM, but I thought he would be a competition for Felix, Correa & Griezmann for the 2 strikers roles in Simeone's 352 formation and Morata is the one who was surplus to requirements but yesterday Morata started alongside Felix and scored 2 goals in a 3-0 win against Getafe.
They bought him for 20m mate

BarstoolProphet

He will fit in perfectly with our 0-scoring frontline of Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Bruno:drool: I think we might need to sign Sergio Ramos if we want to score more than 10 league goals this season.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not sure if he is the player United needs now. At Hertha BSC he was pretty inconsistent and more of a fair weather player.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
As someone who watches every Hertha game...

He was absolutely fantastic when he first joined us. Playing for a completely dysfunctional team that didn't have any other game plan than to give him the ball he essentially scored 12 goals in his first 17 appearances (I removed those two games after injury that had him play 15 and 7 minutes, also the German DFL insisted on labeling one of his goals an own goal by a defender, that's why the official numbers are a bit different). During that time he also scored 5 goals in 5 matches for Brazil's Olympic team, helping them qualify for the Olympics.

And then he stopped scoring....he literally only scored once in the remaining 20 games he played for Berlin. It's not like he forgot how to play though, felt more like a mental block as he even missed penalties.

I loosely followed his career at Atletico and it seemed to me that he may have gotten over that slump. Had to earn his minutes but was very efficient as a sub until he was rewarded with some starts.

50 million Euros sounds a bit weird though considering he only cost Atletico 30 millions and didn't have the type of season that would explain this type of increase.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Other big clubs generally manage it..? I don't really get your argument. Are you saying selling teams have an ulterior motive when it comes to dealing with United?

On topic; this is much more exciting than the Arnautovic and Morata links. For that alone, we should get him.
Yes they do. They know we are rich and desperate

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
1. Start early. Long before the window opens.
2. Work on 2-3 options for each position in parallel.
3. When window opens, sign your first choices.
4. If there are problems with the first choices just drop them, and sign the second or third option.
You haven't answered or solved the issue. The selling club knows we are rich and desperate. Price goes up.

Goes for first, second or third choices.