Matheus Pereira

AgentSmith

I think people tend to overlook this sort of player. Bit like Eze who Palace took a punt on but is developing nicely.

That said I understand people wanting to aim higher but if the market is tough this year I don't think he'd be a bad option on the right.
But it’s difficult to assess how someone like Eze would be developing in a pressured environment like United compared to the relatively forgiving platform Palace provide. It’s a similar principle for Pereira. It might require a smaller club for him to properly flourish.

That being said, if we sold Dan James and were able to buy Pereira for a similar price I’d do that deal 11 times out of 10.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
probably said the same about Andy Robertson.
I can’t remember. I doubt I paid it much attention. Liverpool’s transfer business doesn’t concern me, unless they’re signing a world class player like Thiago last summer.

If we sign Pereira & he becomes world class, fantastic. I’ve been wrong before I’ll be wrong again. It wouldn’t excite me though.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
If I was Leeds and Bielsa stays would do everything to sign him and keep Raphinha, the 2 playing together on a Bielsa team would create chaos, clubs like Chelsea, United, City or Liverpool would be too much for him, at least to be protagonist, as a squad option ok, but from what I know from him he doesn't react well if he isn't trusted to be a protagonist. Would be a great signing for a Bielsa style imo.

justsomebloke

Pereira looks like class to me, far more than a decent player. He doesn't show it every game, but his top level is really high. He seems to me the exact opposite of a player who's most likely to flourish on a small/weak team - he is patently of a different calibre than almost all of his teammates, and he doesn't really seem like the sort of player who looks good because he plays in a system that allows him to play within his limitations. On the contrary, he seems to me the sort of player who really needs to be surrounded by skill and talent to put his ability to full use. To me he looks out of place in that team.

Sea-Cow

I think he has shown that he could be an asset to a bigger team that needs more creativity from the number 10 spot. But United have Bruno and five others all lined up to play in similar roles so he isn't needed. Its why Angel Gomes had to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
Good player for a team who doesn't play for trophies, not a player for a team who plays for trophies. A lot of fans on the forum of Sporting but you can't say that he had succes there.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
A left footed right winger? I'm in.

redrobed

Hadn’t heard of him before last weekend. You’ve got to wonder if he’s that good why did we not know about him before? Anything more than 50m would be too much for me

Luke1995

Very good goal today. Fantastic. Surely someone from the Premier League will look to buy him since West Brom has been relegated ? His contract runs until 2024.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Very good goal today. Fantastic. Surely someone from the Premier League will look to buy him since West Brom has been relegated ? His contract runs until 2024.
If not for VdB we should have been after him, he's class above and PL/England proven.. but easy to say now heh

TheReligion

Abusive
I've been telling the Caf about this guy and Eze for years. Championship gems.

We should really be taking an interest.