Mattéo Guendouzi

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Decent prospect don’t think he should be anywhere near starting for a top 6 club.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Was at the Arsenal game last night, he looks a tidy player but a bit positionally naive. Was running around like a headless chicken in the second half allowing Brentford to pass around him.

Has potential but needs a lot of coaching.

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
Did very well with Lorient and was pleasantly surprised when he moved to the Emirates. He’s only 18 and has bucketloads of potential, I’m sure as he gets more game time and maturity he’ll be a fairly dependable CDM...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Very raw. Has good technique on the ball but that's about it, his passing is wayward and defensively he is suspect.

Definitely shouldn't be starting, Arsenal would need a lot of patience with him otherwise because he will make mistakes.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
A bargain at 8M, already showing promising signs and an eye for a pass. Very mobile compared to Xhaka/El Neny. Still a bit naive and needs to seriously bulk-up the next 2 years but could become a very good Premier League midfielder.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Absolutely love him. Like people have said he is still very raw and sometimes naive.

However, his confidence on the ball and the fact he doesn't shy away from asking for it are brilliant traits to have for a youngster.

the_irish123

I think hes good. Torreira on the other hand seems way overhyped. All he does is foul people.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think hes good. Torreira on the other hand seems way overhyped. All he does is foul people.
Of course Torreira is overhyped, when he plays the team doesn't improve at all :wenger:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Big talent, hopefully Emery and his team are able to get the best out of him over the next few years.

lawliet354

Absolutely love him. Like people have said he is still very raw and sometimes naive.

However, his confidence on the ball and the fact he doesn't shy away from asking for it are brilliant traits to have for a youngster.
Yup, this is one thing that I notice after watching him against City and Chelsea, he has more balls than Xhaka, keep asking for the ball even when under pressure. His vission and passing between the lines is pretty good too, if he improve his defensive side he's gonna be really important for Arsenal

PedroMendez

Acolyte
This arsenal side starts to remind me how Sevilla played under Emery. Emery isn't the kind of manager who'll focus on playing beautiful football. Scrappy results are his thing.

IAmAWinner

My Arsenal supporting brother is absolutely raving about him. But then again he thought Holding has the potential to be as good as Rio so yeah.

izec

Good talent, he can be top class in the future. For a 19 year old lad coming from Lorient, he looks pretty impressive.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was at the Arsenal game last night, he looks a tidy player but a bit positionally naive. Was running around like a headless chicken in the second half allowing Brentford to pass around him.

Has potential but needs a lot of coaching.
Yup pretty much nailed it. He’s a player of tremendous potential because of his willingness to get on the ball, his mobility on the ball and he has a good eye for a pass and the technique to execute it. He also isn’t afraid to put his foot in and is aggressive. So on paper he looks to have a lot to his game.

Issue is positionally he isn’t that astute, tends to ball-hunt and at the moment can be quite reckless in possession. His physicality is also questionable as he isn’t consistently strong, sometimes looks frail and other times he can put himself around.

Players like this are raw gems - need lots of patience, as it’s not always a certainty they’ll become the finished article.. as they might simply never learn from certain mistakes and end up being more style than substance. I do like him though, stylish player.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I praised him in another thread and everyone told me he was shite.
Aye Robbie, how you bud!

I've watched him a couple of times only, and thought he was okay. But the thing that stood out the most for me was his hair.

Joking aside, seems to have a bit of talent about him (as pointed out above - he's quite courageous and his passing seems alright), but he's still a bit raw and naive - positionally at least. But he's still very young, so that should improve.

Thought he seems a good prospect, but he didn't stand out too much for me. Then again, I don't really fully concentrate when the Gunners, or most other teams not United, are playing tbf.

Robbie Boy

Aye Robbie, how you bud!

I've watched him a couple of times only, and thought he was okay. But the thing that stood out the most for me was his hair.

Joking aside, seems to have a bit of talent about him (as pointed out above - he's quite courageous and his passing seems alright), but he's still a bit raw and naive - positionally at least. But he's still very young, so that should improve.

Thought he seems a good prospect, but he didn't stand out too much for me. Then again, I don't really fully concentrate when the Gunners, or most other teams not United, are playing tbf.
Alight Ish mate, I'm all good, hope you're well!

Yeah he has that Rabiot look about him alright, must be his idol. Aye, I haven't seen him put in any amazing 90 minute performances per se, but the little I've caught of him, I think there's definitely something about him and only 19 too. I suppose I would always keep an eye on Arsenal as my bro supports them, don't know how, but he still does!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Alight Ish mate, I'm all good, hope you're well!

Yeah he has that Rabiot look about him alright, must be his idol. Aye, I haven't seen him put in any amazing 90 minute performances per se, but the little I've caught of him, I think there's definitely something about him and only 19 too. I suppose I would always keep an eye on Arsenal as my bro supports them, don't know how, but he still does!
All good this side, Robbie.

Agreed about the bolded bit. When I saw for the first time this season, I had to google him and I was surprised he was still only 19.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Too raw. He'll probably develop into a top CM by the age of 25 and leave us on a free transfer.

Nick7

I think he looks very decent, but not exactly what Arsenal need in the centre right now. Could grow to be a cracking player, all the same.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
He seems to be a decent prospect but can Arsenal really afford another midfielder who isn't the best defensively with their weak backline?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Any player who doesn't look out of place in CM in the Premiership at 19 is doing alright in my book. Very likeable player and, like Fergie always used to make a point of saying about Veron, always wants the ball which shows character.

Aloysius's Back 3

Reminds me of a less skillful Zidane.

Everytime I've watched him he has been impressive. Why can't we find players like this?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
18 years old. On the bench for Lorient last season after he refused to sign a contract
He is 19.

Can't belive this happens on a football pitch.
Ronaldo has got a red and a game ban for much less.