Mattéo Guendouzi

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Always liked him - kid looks the biggest midfield talents in world football. Once he gets rid of the raw edges he’s gonna get snapped up by a big boy.

AJ10

Talented but possibly the biggest p**** in that Arsenal team, Wind knocks him down most matches.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
First time I've seen him and could actually say he looked good. MotM for me in the derby. But it's one game in about 5 or 6 that I've watched that he's finally shown something. Let's see how he develops. Playing alongside Xhaka can either make you piss your pants or make you look like a young Viera in comparison.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
He is a great talent, no question about that. I watched highlights of his performance in the derby and for £7m Arsenal had an incredible steal, and to imagine that he was rotting in Ligue 2 mainly as a sub, unbelievable. The boy is mature way beyond his years and his first France call-up is testimony to that. But it also shows a club doesn't need to spend a 9-figure sum to get a quality player, and Daniel James is another good example of that.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I missed most of this weekends derby, where by all accounts, he was really good. Otherwise I’ve never been too impressed by him, albeit I’ve not really watched enough of him.

Oxeki

Supports
Arsenal
What a talent. Hope he can keep xhaka out of the team.

But I doubt emery will drop xhaka

Last edited by a moderator:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What a talent. Hope he can keep xhaka out of the team.

But I doubt emery will drop xhaka
He could use the group games in the EL to try something else without looking like he dropped him.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
At home I think Torreira, Guen and Ceballos should be our midfield. Willock provides a decent balance out there as well. We are looking pretty good in the middle.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I've been impressed but I usually like risk taking and semi crazy players like Rafael and Nani.

Even late career Giggs and Rooney were bashed on here but they still would slice open teams quite regularly.

He is still so young and will probably iron out losing the ball as much and unnecessary Hollywood balls.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I've been impressed but I usually like risk taking and semi crazy players like Rafael and Nani.

Even late career Giggs and Rooney were bashed on here but they still would slice open teams quite regularly.

He is still so young and will probably iron out losing the ball as much and unnecessary Hollywood balls.
u_wot m8?

Nick7

The attitude on this lad despite being a thoroughly average player is outstanding.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He hasn't really kicked on at all has he? Looked decent when he first came to the league but since then the only thing he's managed to do is gain a stinking attitude.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I can't believe he didn't get a red for that after the match - do they switch VAR off dead-on the final whistle or something? Atkinson's view of it was blocked at least.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Why is it always smalltime arsenal players going on like they're MMA champions? Always trying to start fights.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s okay but not all that. He’s hardly ever got the ball under full control. Nearly every time I saw him take a pass yesterday his first or second touch was taking him away from the better passes, a bit like Wan-Bissaka does. He’s conceded a few goals doing that as well.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's a good player and still very young. Arsenal have needed a scrappy wee fecker in there for years and now they've got him and Torreira. If Arteta didn't persist with soft, Arsenaly mediocrity like Ceballos I think they'd do better.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s okay but not all that. He’s hardly ever got the ball under full control. Nearly every time I saw him take a pass yesterday his first or second touch was taking him away from the better passes, a bit like Wan-Bissaka does. He’s conceded a few goals doing that as well.
This and his balance is somehow off.

Robertd0803

He hasn't really kicked on at all has he? Looked decent when he first came to the league but since then the only thing he's managed to do is gain a stinking attitude.
Probably easy enough to do at the moment at Arsenal I guess.

I can't believe he didn't get a red for that after the match - do they switch VAR off dead-on the final whistle or something? Atkinson's view of it was blocked at least.
Probably be banned retroactivley.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s very young so time is on his side, but yeah, I don’t see much there at all to suggest he’s on the way to the highest level.

cyberman

United fans on here claimed he and Torreira were better than any midfielder we had bar Pogba and was a sign of great recrutiment which we lacked.
Theres so much kneejerking on here to make us look bad

cyberman

He's a good player and still very young. Arsenal have needed a scrappy wee fecker in there for years and now they've got him and Torreira. If Arteta didn't persist with soft, Arsenaly mediocrity like Ceballos I think they'd do better.
They get overrun with those 2 in the side as well though. Xhaka is still their best midfielder in 2020

Kostov

I actually like him as a player, but I wish someone decks him on camera, he has that ratty streak in him but you can't stop but think he would actually cry if someone slapped him.

Here's Fellaini dealing with him properly :lol:

NYAS

Is that why they’re trying to spend big bucks on Partey?

Both Guendouzi and Torreira are extremely average wastes of space. The latter particularly hasn’t hidden the fact he doesn’t want to be there anymore.

It takes more than having a couple of kids faking outrage and putting in a tackle per game in your midfield to be considered “not soft” anymore.

Until then, they’re the same old soft Arsenal we all know and love.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is that why they’re trying to spend big bucks on Partey?

Both Guendouzi and Torreira are extremely average wastes of space. The latter particularly hasn’t hidden the fact he doesn’t want to be there anymore.

It takes more than having a couple of kids faking outrage and putting in a tackle per game in your midfield to be considered “not soft” anymore.

Until then, they’re the same old soft Arsenal we all know and love.
Buying Partey would be a great upgrade. But then it would be for almost any team in the league, even City. Guendouzi is very young for a CM, he's got a lot of potential to come out yet. Expecting any guy his age to dominate a midfield is just foolish.

izec

I actually like him as a player, but I wish someone decks him on camera, he has that ratty streak in him but you can't stop but think he would actually cry if someone slapped him.

Here's Fellaini dealing with him properly :lol:

sex masochism

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Torreira’s naff. They’re both just passion merchants. Not much about them at all.

NYAS

Buying Partey would be a great upgrade. But then it would be for almost any team in the league, even City. Guendouzi is very young for a CM, he's got a lot of potential to come out yet. Expecting any guy his age to dominate a midfield is just foolish.
He’s just not that good. Agree to disagree.