Matt Boling aka White Lightning sets high school record in 100m

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/26725883/viral-track-star-sets-high-school-record-100m

Houston Strake Jesuit senior Matthew Boling, who became a viral sensation last month after running a 9.98-second 100-meter dash, set a national record Saturday at the Texas state high school track and field championships.

Boling won the Texas Class 6A boys 100-meter dash in a wind-legal time of 10.13 seconds, surpassing the previous National Federation of High Schools record of 10.15 set by sprinter Henry Neal of Austin (Texas) Greenville High in 1990.

The 18-year-old Boling, who hadn't competed in the 100 in his high school career until this season, put on a show for the more than 25,000 fans in attendance at Mike A. Myers Stadium at the University of Texas.

Carolina Red

Staff
That kid can scoot! Will be interesting to see if he can end up making waves for the US track team.

(I’m also very impressed by the big kid to his left during that 100m sprint - that kids gotta be a football player)

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I saw this today too. Someone should put the video of him running the anchor leg of the 4x400 relay. He was behind by over 3 seconds when he got the baton and chased the kid down.

sglowrider

very nice form.
400m the worse and most difficult race ever.

Long strides like a Micheal Johnson but isnt his elbows a bit wide and occasionally wayward esp for 100m? So he has room for improvement there.
Cant gauge his 100m start from the camera angle.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, can't wait to see him improve and come on to the world stage.

Achilles McCool

400m the worse and most difficult race ever.

Long strides like a Micheal Johnson but isnt his elbows a bit wide and occasionally wayward esp for 100m? So he has room for improvement there.
Cant gauge his 100m start from the camera angle.
Definitely has room for improvement, which is scary to think about! Agreed that the 400m is a monster to sprint!

Carolina Red

Staff

sglowrider

Whenever my brother ran races in the offseason that involved money, and he finished in the money, he just declined to accept it and was okay with the NCAA.
Steve Alford, when he was playing for Bobby Knight was suspended for a few games when he posed for an IU sorority calendar. He didn't receive any money, never mind even a set of hub caps to a car.
I guess things have loosened up since.

Carolina Red

Staff
Steve Alford, when he was playing for Bobby Knight was suspended for a few games when he posed for an IU sorority calendar. He didn't receive any money, never mind even a set of hub caps to a car.
I guess things have loosened up since.
Just think of that compared to the NCAA letting UNC off the hook for fake classes. Unreal.

sglowrider

Just think of that compared to the NCAA letting UNC off the hook for fake classes. Unreal.
Yeap. Certain schools are just untouchable. You know Calipari ain't the recruiting pope in Lexington.

Ironically, Alford didn't exactly cover himself in glory with the Pierce rape case.

ATXRedDevil

That kid can scoot! Will be interesting to see if he can end up making waves for the US track team.

(I’m also very impressed by the big kid to his left during that 100m sprint - that kids gotta be a football player)
That’s Tyler Owens, 5 star Safety signee for my Longhorns. Dude’s a monster. Ran a 10.35 FAT earlier in the season at 6’2 205. Going to be a beast.