Matt Judge - Not doing anything in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Walters_19_MuFc

Time will tell. I do agree that we shouldn't rush and buy players for the sake of it, though. Yes, we desperately need improving, but I'd much prefer us to go all out summer and get the targets we want, than panic buying and overspending on players because the fans are demanding signings.

ColvaleGoa

Time will tell. I do agree that we shouldn't rush and buy players for the sake of it, though. Yes, we desperately need improving, but I'd much prefer us to go all out summer and get the targets we want, than panic buying and overspending on players because the fans are demanding signings.
We don't sign anyone this window, our potential targets won't even look at us come Summer. We are in Dire straits.

Infra-red

Not sure if you are aware but its actually 2019-20.

Further, your sun article is a complete load of horse shit. City only paying 260 million with that squad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2019/20 season accounts won't be published until September 2020.

The figures (including City's £260m) are from each clubs' independently audited accounts.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
"Not buying for the sake of it" is just an annoying soundbite.

If our targets are unavailable or the prices quoted are deemed unreasonable does that mean we're stuck indefinitely with deadwood until these targets become available for a reasonable price? Can't we just find someone else?

It's not like we're doing OK and can afford to sit it out and wait. SAF got away with the "No value in the market" because we were doing alright.

As it is we should sign the best players available for the spots we need if they can improve us, and upgrade when and if our top targets become available.

And also, stop "protecting our investment" by giving contracts to deadwood when we're hardly ever able to ship them out, and will likely end up subsidizing wages.

mariachi-19

2019/20 season accounts won't be published until September 2020.

The figures (including City's £260m) are from each clubs' independently audited accounts.
Irrespective, its two seasons out of date and therefore no longer relevant for any argument regarding our wage costs. Considering we have lost nearly a million a week from our wage bill in the last year or so (including Mourinho), i'd say we're doing fine.

That is the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard re audited accounts. You are deluded if you think sitting are only paying that much.

Infra-red

Irrespective, its two seasons out of date and therefore no longer relevant for any argument regarding our wage costs. Considering we have lost nearly a million a week from our wage bill in the last year or so (including Mourinho), i'd say we're doing fine.

That is the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard re audited accounts. You are deluded if you think sitting are only paying that much.
We have United's wage bill for the 2018/19 season (up to 30th June 2019) - it is £332m, which is the largest wage bill ever recorded by a Premier League club.

Indeed, we've had the largest wage bill in the Premier League since 2015.

prateik

Does the wage bill going up 36m include the payoff for Jose's contract? That was a big chunk..

Whoever is shaping the squad post Fergie has done a shockingly poor job.

Like it or not, we have to write that time off and start again.. We did, in some ways last summer.. Still going on..

Forget top 4 or winning stuff.. need to get our house in order first.

Fellaini, Ander, Smalling, Lukaku, Sanchez gone. Val left. Young, Matic, Rojo, Lingard look to be done.. Jones cant be far behind.

mariachi-19

We have United's wage bill for the 2018/19 season (up to 30th June 2019) - it is £332m, which is the largest wage bill ever recorded by a Premier League club.

Indeed, we've had the largest wage bill in the Premier League since 2015.

My point stands again, are you so deluded to think that Manchester City, with that squad, are only paying 260 million. I dont give a feck what your graphs say, you tell me that Manchester City are only paying that amount on their squad. Because if you honestly believe that, you're deluded.

hungrywing

Does the wage bill going up 36m include the payoff for Jose's contract? That was a big chunk..

Whoever is shaping the squad post Fergie has done a shockingly poor job.

Like it or not, we have to write that time off and start again.. We did, in some ways last summer.. Still going on..

Forget top 4 or winning stuff.. need to get our house in order first.

Fellaini, Ander, Smalling, Lukaku, Sanchez gone. Val left. Young, Matic, Rojo, Lingard look to be done.. Jones cant be far behind.
Iirc, no. It got shunted into a different accounting category. Vaguely remember someone explaining it this past summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's fair to say Matt isn't the best judge of players.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
TBF this line was probably a very standard response from any clubs unless they're in a very late phase of a negotiations and it's nothing but done.

You really can't brag about how much money you have to spend, or how desperate you are, or how you're fecked because no body wants to move, etc.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Closing this thread. There's no official quote. Nothing really. Just will drive people mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.