Matt Judge resigns from role as Manchester United’s Head of Corporate Development

Herman Toothrot

Ah yeah, the club are fixing it to give Michael Keane's brother a role because of the massive influence that he still has following his singular appearance in a United shirt.

romufc

Ah yeah, the club are fixing it to give Michael Keane's brother a role because of the massive influence that he still has following his singular appearance in a United shirt.
Do you know that its not Michael Keane who is getting the job.

Go do your research on the appointment first.

SmallCaine

Wasn't Murtough going to do the job himself? But then telling journos how brilliant you are at your job and actually being even passable at it are 2 very different things.

Loony BoB

Do you know that its not Michael Keane who is getting the job.

Go do your research on the appointment first.
Do you know that the post you quoted clearly indicates that they knew exactly that.

Go do your reading on the post first.

(sorry, couldn't resist, no beef here)

romufc

Do you know that the post you quoted clearly indicates that they knew exactly that.

The poster said, the reason he got the job is because of his brothers link to the club.

Even though his brother is not a footballer but in law. Why do people want to degrade other peoples career and achievements is beyond me.

He has also worked in football with players and agents, so its clear he isnt getting the job because he is Michael Keane's brother.

So yeah, do your research.

Herman Toothrot

Cheers!

The poster said, the reason he got the job is because of his brothers link to the club.

Even though his brother is not a footballer but in law. Why do people want to degrade other peoples career and achievements is beyond me.

He has also worked in football with players and agents, so its clear he isnt getting the job because he is Michael Keane's brother.

So yeah, do your research.
Sense the tone. Lose the attitude.

Zoo

Supposedly he wasn’t involved this summer and the ‘new structure’ wanted him out the door. If a guy who has been a disaster has still been working during his notice it just underlines my point.

If people at the club are competent and proactive this shouldn’t be happening now.
It's a transitional period like Chelsea with Granovskaia. We could be thankful that Richard Arnold hasn't done a Todd Boehly and taken it upon himself to get involved.

Herman Toothrot

Roboc7

It's a transitional period like Chelsea with Granovskaia. We could be thankful that Richard Arnold hasn't done a Todd Boehly and taken it upon himself to get involved.
Nothing like Chelsea, these are supposedly planned changes which have been known about for some time. One of advantages to appointing likes of Murtough and Arnold is they should have known what needed doing in advance not in hindsight.

LoneStar

All these major changes in the club have come at a bad time. Ideally you would want a lot of these changes done by the time Ole was sacked, so that they could all be settled in and ready for the summer transfer window. It's really hard for someone new to come in and get started asap.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
At the very least I guess he’s a football person unlike Judge who had to ask Hakimi what his name is and what his stats were when talking to him and his agent.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Because Matt Judge has still been working for the club.
Judge can't be removed until his notice period is over. And it looks like his notice period is now close to being over, hence Tom Keane stepping in.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Wasn't Murtough going to do the job himself? But then telling journos how brilliant you are at your job and actually being even passable at it are 2 very different things.
Murtough is still leading negotiations. Keane is being brought in to help out with all the legal stuff.

SmallCaine

Murtough is still leading negotiations. Keane is being brought in to help out with all the legal stuff.
He's replacing judge unlikely its just legal stuff. Wouldn't utd already have firms they hire or people they directly employ for just legal stuff.

Roboc7

Judge can't be removed until his notice period is over. And it looks like his notice period is now close to being over, hence Tom Keane stepping in.

Not true, he could have been placed on gardening leave. If the club have left him working until last minute before replacing him with an interim solution that’s their choice.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's replacing judge unlikely its just legal stuff. Wouldn't utd already have firms they hire or people they directly employ for just legal stuff.
It's a temporary role he has. The club aren't going to switch it up towards the end of June and have a temp take over. Murtough is leading with this guy assisting in the legal stuff. It's literally stated in the articles.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not true, he could have been placed on gardening leave. If the club have left him working until last minute before replacing him with an interim solution that’s their choice.
It's actually sensible to keep him in place, because as much as he's derided for his failures, he's also become a point of contact for agents over many years now. And that can only be helpful in a transition phase, which is happening now.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It's actually sensible to keep him in place, because as much as he's derided for his failures, he's also become a point of contact for agents over many years now. And that can only be helpful in a transition phase, which is happening now.
Provided he keeps his phone on, sure.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I'm sure Keane is good at what he does. But the fact that he's being brought in as a temp, in the middle of the transfer window, demonstrates how the club is again being reactive rather than proactive with their planning.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Provided he keeps his phone on, sure.
He's had his phone switched on, hence we've loaded the club with players who aren't good enough. Our problem hasn't been signing players, but rather signing the wrong players. Ed Woodward managed to sign 6 first team players in the summer of 2014, and we still didn't progress as a football team. It's not about quantity but rather the quality of player that is a fit for the style of play ten Hag wants to implement.

So if we signed 3 players to come straight into the first 11 in the current window, and signed another 4 in the next two windows, whilst supplementing those signings by integrating a couple of the youth players. We'd be in a very strong position imo.

Roboc7

If he’s a highly valued and motivated person club doesn’t want to leave then makes sense to keep him place, especially if he’s only staying part of the way through the window. If he’s not those things then it doesn’t make much sense.

What happened to him being unable to leave?. Now he’s staying for a different reason apparently.

SmallCaine

It's a temporary role he has. The club aren't going to switch it up towards the end of June and have a temp take over. Murtough is leading with this guy assisting in the legal stuff. It's literally stated in the articles.
I don't care what they say its what articles skip over that concerns me, Why now? Why a temporary position? Its unlikely utd don't have a regular legal firm or inhouse lawyers who handle legal stuff, judge wasn't a lawyer. You don't need a lawyer to replace a guy who wasn't directly handling the legal stuff in the first place. What judge was is our chief negotiator, Murtough replaced him and now is hiring help to help him do what Judge did on a temp basis, Why didn't we just replace judge with a proper negotiator instead of Murtough trying exactly what Woodward got criticized for.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If he’s a highly valued and motivated person club doesn’t want to leave then makes sense to keep him place, especially if he’s only staying part of the way through the window. If he’s not those things then it doesn’t make much sense.

What happened to him being unable to leave?. Now he’s staying for a different reason apparently.
His value eroded as soon as Ed Woodward left. And keeping him in place until his notice period was the correct thing to do for the reasons I stated.

Roboc7

His value eroded as soon as Ed Woodward left. And keeping him in place until his notice period was the correct thing to do for the reasons I stated.
So first it was a fact we couldn’t get rid of him because of his notice and then it’s actually correct to keep him for his contacts. Two different reasons, equally confident about both despite them being contradictory, makes sense.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So first it was a fact we couldn’t get rid of him because of his notice and then it’s actually correct to keep him for his contacts. Two different reasons, equally confident about both despite them being contradictory, makes sense.
No, we shouldn't get rid of someone before his notice period is over due to him being the first point of contact for agents for a number of years. So no, they couldn't send him on gardening leave because that would be silly, when his experience in dealing with prominent figures in European football has the potential to aid the new team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
No - he never once said he was taking over Judges role

Roboc7

No, we shouldn't get rid of someone before his notice period is over due to him being the first point of contact for agents for a number of years. So no, they couldn't send him on gardening leave because that would be silly, when his experience in dealing with prominent figures in European football has the potential to aid the new team.
Pretty impressive you know what’s correct and what isn’t despite just making it up as you go along.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pretty impressive you know what’s correct and what isn’t despite just making it up as you go along.
Actually it was reported by Laurie Whitwell in May this year about Judge being the first point of contact for agents and how it would be a bit of a dumb move to get rid of him on the eve of the transfer window opening.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Actually it was reported by Laurie Whitwell in May this year about Judge being the first point of contact for agents and how it would be a bit of a dumb move to get rid of him on the eve of the transfer window opening.
It’s true but also a bit daft in how the structure at United was being run. It’s usually the sporting director who liaises with agents to gauge interest or field pitches rather than the negotiator.

I keep hearing how Murtough needs help and they have since brought in Andy O’Boyle but neither of them seem to be the point men for anything important.

Roboc7

So you’re just posting Whitwell’s opinions as your own facts after your own made up fact first time around. All cleared up at least.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It’s true but also a bit daft in how the structure at United was being run. It’s usually the sporting director who liaises with agents to gauge interest or field pitches rather than the negotiator.

I keep hearing how Murtough needs help and they have since brought in Andy O’Boyle but neither of them seem to be the point men for anything important.
That's true but it's always handy to keep the previous guy(s) around to understand who the people were that duped them into paying huge fees for average to above average players in the past.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So you’re just posting Whitwell’s opinions as your own facts after your own made up fact first time around. All cleared up at least.
No, i'm forming my opinion after doing a bit of due diligence.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Our directors are trash. I see no difference in how this club handles our business pre or post Murtough.

Roboc7

No, i'm forming my opinion after doing a bit of due diligence.
Huge stretch to call regurgitating what Whitwell says due diligence and huge assumption it’s correct. And anyway you thought he had to work his notice before he could leave so don’t know where your due diligence was there.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Huge stretch to call regurgitating what Whitwell says due diligence and huge assumption it’s correct. And anyway you thought he had to work his notice before he could leave so don’t know where your due diligence was there.
'he can't be removed' isn't 'he had to work his notice'.

I also explained to you why 'he can't be removed' until his notice period is over. But you're so desperate to win a argument against me that you're stuck on a few words I put forth in my original post.

Roboc7

'he can't be removed' isn't 'he had to work his notice'.

I also explained to you why 'he can't be removed' until his notice period is over. But you're so desperate to win a argument against me that you're stuck on a few words I put forth in my original post.
I can safely assume you don’t know for certain why Judge was kept, what he’s doing, whether or not it was the correct decision or the meaning of due diligence so I have no desire to ‘win’ an argument as you don’t really have one.

Someone definitely is pretty desperate to be right despite knowing very little though which I really can’t comprehend.