Matt Judge resigns from role as Manchester United’s Head of Corporate Development

Sparky Rhiwabon

It’s true but also a bit daft in how the structure at United was being run. It’s usually the sporting director who liaises with agents to gauge interest or field pitches rather than the negotiator.

I keep hearing how Murtough needs help and they have since brought in Andy O’Boyle but neither of them seem to be the point men for anything important.
Murtough's not a Football Director in the traditional sense (see: us targeting ex Ajax players) more a General Manager of the Football side. O'Boyle is Assistant to the General Manager.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I can safely assume you don’t know for certain why Judge was kept, what he’s doing, whether or not it was the correct decision or the meaning of due diligence so I have no desire to ‘win’ an argument as you don’t really have one.
I never said I knew why he was kept for certain, but I put forth a opinion.

And it was yourself who initiated the conversation with me, and I never put forth a argument, but that didn't stop you from making several posts arguing about 4 words that were contained in my op. So if you have something constructive to add, then go ahead, or else you should stop initiating silly conversations.

Roboc7

I never said I knew why he was kept for certain, but I put forth a opinion.

And it was yourself who initiated the conversation with me, and I never put forth a argument, but that didn't stop you from making several posts arguing about 4 words that were contained in my op. So if you have something constructive to add, then go ahead, or else you should stop initiating silly conversations.
Like I said someone is definitely desperate but it’s not me. I’ll go some due diligence by reading a Whitwell article to avoid these silly conversations and make sure I know what’s correct.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Like I said someone is definitely desperate but it’s not me. I’ll go some due diligence by reading a Whitwell article to avoid these silly conversations and make sure I know what’s correct.
So desperate that it was you who couldn't wait to engage me in a daft conversation.

Roboc7

So desperate that it was you who couldn't wait to engage me in a daft conversation.
Oh yeah so desperate to engage you, who wouldn’t be. Imagine someone engaging you and not agreeing with you and your due diligence on a forum, the cheek of it. Next time I’ll take a shortcut and see what Whitwell is saying.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Oh yeah so desperate to engage you, who wouldn’t be. Imagine someone engaging you and not agreeing with you and your due diligence on a forum, the cheek of it. Next time I’ll take a shortcut and see what Whitwell is saying.
To disagree with me, you have to provide evidence which you've never done now and neither in the past.

Roboc7

Arguing with another member
To disagree with me, you have to provide evidence which you've never done now and neither in the past.
God you are well and truly up your own arse aren’t you, it’s like a parody. That’s definitely not how it works, hate to break it to you but you don’t know for certain what’s happening and whether the correct decision has been made.

The starting point isn’t you are right and have to be disproved with evidence especially when all you have is something you’ve read and have accepted as fact. Here’s a tip not everything journalists write is correct.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
God you are well and truly up your own arse aren’t you, it’s like a parody. That’s definitely not how it works, hate to break it to you but you don’t know for certain what’s happening and whether the correct decision has been made.

The starting point isn’t you are right and have to be disproved with evidence especially when all you have is something you’ve read and have accepted as fact. Here’s a tip not everything journalists write is correct.
You're starting to lose it.. :D

I didn't say I know for certain, so again you've made that up. And I never said the correct decision was made to keep him but I did say it would be silly to move him on, so close to the opening of the transfer window, when the new team coming in needs a bedding in period.

And you've done nothing to counter the above.

Roboc7

You're starting to lose it.. :D

I didn't say I know for certain, so again you've made that up. And I never said the correct decision was made to keep him but I did say it would be silly to move him on, so close to the opening of the transfer window, when the new team coming in needs a bedding in period.

And you've done nothing to counter the above.
No I’m just shocked how far up there you are, so far you don’t even know what you said. I don’t know if it’s funny or if I feel bit sorry you, maybe both.

His value eroded as soon as Ed Woodward left. And keeping him in place until his notice period was the correct thing to do for the reasons I stated.

georgipep

Dude, you are making a fool of yourself. You are saying you know better than anyone and try to shout the loudest.
Give up. Concede and move on.

One source is better than no sources. And Whitwell is a highly regarded source. You may disagree with the message but you really have no argument to stand on.

Roboc7

Dude, you've made an absolute fool of yourself. You are saying you know better than anyone and try to shout the loudest.
Give up. Concede and move on.
Impressive another one is up there, what an embarrassment of a post. Totally missed the whole point, don’t bother in future. It’s hardly knowing better to not accept someone’s made up nonsense or speculation as gospel, just common sense.

There’s plenty of sources speculating about what Judge is or isn’t doing, reading one and then presenting it as fact is not better than nothing and saying it’s correct when don’t even know it’s true is laughable.

Your post made me chuckle it’s hilarious, no leg to stand on because don’t believe what one person is saying. Superb.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Impressive another one is up there, what an embarrassment of a post. Totally missed the whole point, don’t bother in future. It’s hardly knowing better to not accept someone’s made up nonsense or speculation as gospel, just common sense.

There’s plenty of sources speculating about what Judge is or isn’t doing, reading one and then presenting it as fact is not better than nothing and saying it’s correct when don’t even know it’s true is laughable.

Your post made me chuckle it’s hilarious, no leg to stand on because don’t believe what one person is saying. Superb.
If you're so adamant that Whitwell and other journalists are not right, then there must be something that you actually know. If so, do you mind disclosing it? If not, then I don't get why you'd not only dismiss other people's statements but also insult another poster in the process.

Roboc7

If you're so adamant that Whitwell and other journalists are not right, then there must be something that you actually know. If so, do you mind disclosing it? If not, then I don't get why you'd not only dismiss other people's statements but also insult another poster in the process.
I’ll make it very easy to follow. I don’t believe a random person on here knows for certain why Judge was kept on to work his notice period, what exactly he’s doing, whether he’s doing a good job. I also don’t believe anyone is in a position to say whether it is correct or not when they know nothing about it and he hasn’t even finished.

Everything any journalist says isn’t correct
and I don’t believe any predict the future with certainty so not sure why that is a shock to you.

All I’ve said is the club didn’t have to keep Judge for his full notice period and that the statement it was correct decision to keep him because he is point of contact isn’t a fact. You seem another who knows it is somehow, amazing we have so many experts that need evidence to be disproved.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don’t believe a random person on here knows for certain why Judge was kept on to work his notice period, what exactly he’s doing, whether he’s doing a good job. I also don’t believe anyone is in a position to say whether it is correct or not when they know nothing about it and he hasn’t even finished.
Correct, Adnan doesn't exactly know what's going on himself. I've read through his past posts to you from the start of the exchange, and from what I've read, he offered you his own conjecture. The wording may not have been great, however, and that may be causing this misunderstanding.
Everything any journalist says isn’t correct
and I don’t believe any predict the future with certainty so not sure why that is a shock to you.
Correct, not everything every journalist says is correct, but other reliable journalists (Luckhurst, Duncker, Hirst, etc.) have also reported the same things about Judge.

Let's not worry about predicting the future. I'm not sure how that even factors into this discussion.
All I’ve said is the club didn’t have to keep Judge for his full notice period and that the statement it was correct decision to keep him because he is point of contact isn’t a fact. You seem another who knows it is somehow, amazing we have so many experts that need evidence to be disproved.
I appreciate you summarising your position here to make sure that your initial point doesn't get lost amidst the exchanges. You're right, the club could have stopped him from working via gardening leave if they wanted to, but they kept him around instead.

I won't proclaim myself to be an ITK of any kind, so you don't need to worry about me saying something about Judge's current situation outside of what has already been reported. However, insulting someone is out of order in this case.