Matt Judge resigns from role as Manchester United’s Head of Corporate Development

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
it's not his decision to renew the Bruno contract though

nor would it have been for Rashford, Maguire or Shaw
Pretty sure Judge is the guy negotiating contracts.

Tavern in the town

From the sounds of that Ornstein article it’s Judge himself who decided to step down rather than the club binning him as part of some sort of revamp.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Dunno if he still is but he definitely was at one point, and let's face it, our contract situation is a shambles. Possibly because of a lack of leverage, possibly because he's bad at his job, possibly both.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
While it's always difficult from the outside to know exactly what everybody is doing and how good they are at their jobs, this guy has always stood out as seemingly the most incompetent of them all. Maybe that's harsh and it actually wasn't his fault, but I'm going to hope it is and say "fecking yes!" :devil:

Revaulx

Change is now.

It really looks like Arnold meant it when he said he was putting Real Football People in charge of footballing matters. And he must have got the Glazers' backing for these changes, which is also encouraging.

phelans shorts

He doesn’t but space is being cleared for a new role with all these changes.
but the space that has been opened is for somebody who handles negotiation… surely if we want the best people for such a role we need somebody who, ya know, has done it before.

This is more likely to be making space for Martin Lewis than Paul Mitchell

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This is very significant.
Matt Judge was such a bad negotiator - he dished out bumper contracts to average players.
He should've been sacked as soon as Phil Jones' contract was renewed.

How bad is Matt Judge at his job? If I sent him to Tescos to buy a £1 bar of chocolate, he'll somehow end up paying £100 for it. Don't ask me how....but he'll find a way.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont know what he does or how's he at job . But going by last 10 years, everyone who was in charge of transfers should be sacked . We have been terribly run.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
it's not his decision to renew the Bruno contract though

nor would it have been for Rashford, Maguire or Shaw
Matt Judge negotiates these contracts. It's on him.
We have one of the highest wage bills in World football, yet our results are terrible. That's on Matt Judge.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Dunno if he still is but he definitely was at one point, and let's face it, our contract situation is a shambles. Possibly because of a lack of leverage, possibly because he's bad at his job, possibly both.
Maybe but I remember when Murtough was appointed, it was made clear Judge was keeping his old remit.

Anyhow, good riddance to this Woodward acolyte. Bring in more competence and hopefully less waste for us.

Tavern in the town

I think that’s corporate speak for someone being kindly shown the door.
I don’t think so. Being shown the doors is the vibe I got from the Jim Lawlor and Marcel Bout articles. This one specifically says Judge considered his options and then resigned, and he’s also serving a notice period which would be a bit strange if he’d been given the boot.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This is the best news I have seen all day. Can't see how you can give so many stupid contracts out, pay so many dumb transfer fees and continue to have no questions asked about your job.

edcunited1878

From the sounds of that Ornstein article it’s Judge himself who decided to step down rather than the club binning him as part of some sort of revamp.
You don't actively step down unless there's a squeeze that you can't get yourself out of or the writing is on the wall and it's "amicable". The fact that he's gone, considering who has left within the past 6 months and who is coming in, it's not a coincidence.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Probably more excited about the changes upstairs than the transfer rumours at this point.
Don't know if I'm "excited" per se, but wholesale changes were needed, we were run appallingly. Whether these changes work out for the better remain to be seen.

Tarrou

I know but I mean the decision to renew or not is not on him. We can criticise him for poorly negotiated contracts but the bad decisions to renew the likes of Mata and Jones is on someone else ( likely Ole + woody ).

CraftySoAndSo

This is very significant.
Matt Judge was such a bad negotiator - he dished out bumper contracts to average players.
He should've been sacked as soon as Phil Jones' contract was renewed.

How bad is Matt Judge at his job? If I sent him to Tescos to buy a £1 bar of chocolate, he'll somehow end up paying £100 for it. Don't ask me how....but he'll find a way.
Maybe he's a generous fellow who bought 100 bars instead of 1.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Yes, finally some great news!
Now get someone in with the right experience and rapport with ETH.

El Jefe

This is the biggest change after Woodward leaving. This is actually the biggest sign that Arnold might actually know what he's doing. Judge has ironically been a colossal failure at contract negotiations and renewals.

Woodward, Judge and the scouts leaving is the first and biggest stage of clearing the deadwood.

I'm all of a sudden optimistic about the future. For the first time in the Glazer era, there is some accountability and corrections going on at the club

AndySmith1990

As if anyone would willingly leave the United gravy train. All the clowns who have left this season have jumped before they were pushed.