Matt Le Tissier

The Oracle

Thought his opinion on the red card was the stupidest thing he said last night. But nope managed to outdo himself.

His denial that it was a red card was bizarre.

I know he is Southampton through and through, but even Arsène Wenger would've seen that it was a potential career-ending challenge.

croadyman

Thought his opinion on the red card was the stupidest thing he said last night. But nope managed to outdo himself.
Yeah completely lost any respect for him defending that disgraceful tackle

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My life has improved massively since blocking him.

meninred

He is a true legend .He is the Zidane of the premiere league. We should be easy on him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sky really need to phase him out.
Phase him out? They need to sack him. If they sacked Andy Grey and that other gimp for making a stupid joke then this gimp needs to go. Now. He’s literally endangering the public safety.

Crimson King

Phase him out? They need to sack him. If they sacked Andy Grey and that other gimp for making a stupid joke then this gimp needs to go. Now. He’s literally endangering the public safety.
I can't see that happening though, especially after Carragher was forgiven for spitgate

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I can't see that happening though, especially after Carragher was forgiven for spitgate
In hindsight, what Carragher did really was unbelievably disgusting. I'm surprised they let him come back.

ShinjiNinja26

Absolute fecking dough ball!

Sky really need to revamp the whole soccer Saturday line up. Fecking old boys club spewing verbal diarrhoea every weekend.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
As an ex footballer he should realise that his political views are irrelevant to everyone and really it's best to just keep your opinions on anything bar football to yourself.

But he obviously shouldn't get sacked for his opinions, what kind of crazy talk is that?

If anything he should get sacked for his football opinions

fps

Ok, I can understand that, but what part of this political movement would anyone have a problem with?

I can see parallels with wearing a poppy, as it is widely regarded as taboo not to wear one, eg James MacLean, although he has his own reasons for not.
There are lots of issues with the BLM political organisation as separate from the anti-racism stance which pretty much everyone agrees with. Those things fall into the realm of politics rather than just being a decent human being.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The guy is a fecking idiot but Sky employ him to talk about football. So what if he has opinions beyond the usual inane platitudes. He should be sacked for being dull and lacking insight, not for having an opinion on climate change and Covid 19.

And, as an aside, people should be able to choose what campaigns they support, not be forced to toe the party line of some grubby corporation that hijacked a popular sentiment but, in reality, doesn't give a feck about anything outside of wanting more viewers.

Bojan11

What’s his problem with wearing a mask for a few months?

He is promoting some of these nut job conspiracy theories too.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Haha yeah it's just banter right mate?
I just don’t think it’s offensive that some bloke who played football 20 years ago wants to peddle a silly conspiracy theory. Who gives a shit what Matt Le Tissier thinks? His sphere of influence is hardly Messi level now is it. Maybe a couple of people in Southampton take him seriously, that’s about it. Nothing to get upset about.

Robbie Boy

Aye, Soccer Saturday has reached Soccer AM cringe levels. Shame, used to love both shows growing up.

Red00012

Absolute fecking dough ball!

Sky really need to revamp the whole soccer Saturday line up. Fecking old boys club spewing verbal diarrhoea every weekend.
I stopped listening to soccer Saturday years ago , their line up is appalling

SuperiorXI

What a muppet.

On a serious note, anyone taking advice from ex-footballers regarding what to do in a pandemic is an even bigger mupppet on a scale immeasurable to the human race for the next 500 years.

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins
I don't follow LeTiss on twitter so can't give a verdict on what he tweets. It doesn't sound like it's very intelligent by what all on here and Saints forums have said.
I will however defend his and everybody else's right to have his own opinion though. I may not have the same opinion as them and wont be upset by theirs!
Shame though as he's a really lovely bloke to talk to.

Brophs

The One and Only
It’s 12:15 and that was Matt ‘Le Tiss’ Le Tissier there, with some horrifying and offensive views of a Friday morning. I’ve got a feeling he’s going to regret that. And speaking of having a feeling, here’s the Black Eyed Peas.

NM

Did I read that wrong? In isolation I read that as the people breaking the law did the right thing, or is it part of a longer thread that shows him to be a terrible human being?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Someone pointed out to him that it was a bit of an insensitive comparison, and he put laughing emojis back, he’s a twat.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

:houllier:
Invoking Anne Frank :lol:

I don't know who's in the right or in the wrong in the fracas itself but the copper should have called for back-up before trying to get physical, he made himself look a right plum.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I mean it’s been obvious for years he’s thick as shit.

vodrake

Did I read that wrong? In isolation I read that as the people breaking the law did the right thing, or is it part of a longer thread that shows him to be a terrible human being?
Yeah, I think he's trying to imply anti-maskers are the same as the heroic individuals who protected Anne Frank and other Jewish people by ignoring the laws. At best he's an insensitive moron using a really inappropriate topic to big up his own dumb beliefs, at worst he's a terrible human being who's equating wearing a mask with the holocaust.

Last edited:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Great footballers should retire and be taken immediately to a nice farm in the country with no technology where they can play ludo together and share their politically incorrect jokes and opinions with the horses.

arthurka

Yeah Matt the Nazis clearly had the best interest for all their citizens. What an idiot.