Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Would have been cool to capture funny moments for all the players in the OPs

Red_toad

I'd keep him. He's not too dissimilar to Azpilicueta, and Jose did wonders with him
Jose has done wonders with Valencia. I do like Darmian as a player, but I'd say we need to sell a few to strengthen other areas. In addition to giving some of our wonderful young talented defensive players some game time.

Rajma

This thread is in dire state and needs updating urgently!

Apparently, Matteo Darmian future is in doubt after 'complete breakdown' with Jose Mourinho according to multiple sources mainly stemming from the article published by Tuttosport in Italy. Personally, I think he lacks balls to be a Manchester United player big time and doesn't have it in him mentally to fight and win a starting spot without having 200% manager's confidence. We've all seen the player he can be, however ultimately, the lack of self belief and character (Brenda says hi) will prevent him from succeeding at very top level IMO.

Bwuk

If he doesn't feature in the Europa game, his career here is over.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This thread is in dire state and needs updating urgently!
No, you just need to learn to use the right thread. This one is for discussing his performances, hence the title and lack of posts in it.

Rajma

No, you just need to learn to use the right thread. This one is for discussing his performances, hence the title and lack of posts in it.
There isn't anything to discuss on his performances and thread has barely any posts so it's nothing like someone will get lost in it. Think this is one of the rare occasions were 'no to mega threads' rule is not applicable.

P.S. I can't start new threads too, hence my post here.

LouisDanGaal

I wish this hadn't been bumped. Its sad in here, see you at the next Europa league game.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There isn't anything to discuss on his performances and thread has barely any posts so it's nothing like someone will get lost in it. Think this is one of the rare occasions were 'no to mega threads' rule is not applicable.

P.S. I can't start new threads too hence my post here.
Posting in here is fair enough. I think Darmian will be gone next summer.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

P.S. I can't start new threads too, hence my post here.
Posting in here is fair enough. I think Darmian will be gone next summer.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/matteo-darmian-exit-speculation.420832/

Or use the thread that already exists to discuss his potential transfer.

This isn't for that.

Devil may care

Of the 4 who were having their first 90 minutes of the season I thought he was the best, defended well enough and even delivered a couple of decent crosses.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Of the 4 who were having their first 90 minutes of the season I thought he was the best, defended well enough and even delivered a couple of decent crosses.
Yeah, he did have a very good cross to set up Martial, but watch the 16 second mark of the video, a terrible defender and absolute liability, was very lucky not to have given up a first goal.

Devil may care

Yeah, he did have a very good cross to set up Martial, but watch the 16 second mark of the video, a terrible defender and absolute liability, was very lucky not to have given up a first goal.

He got skinned, it happens to every fullback, your boy Valencia has the RB spot locked, no need to nitpick things to still shit on Darmian, he'll most likely be sold in January.

Ban

Oh Darmian slater is back.

Looks at the video and finds one thing to bash him on.

stevoc

He looked slightly better going forward tonight compared to last year. Venturing into the opposition half is certainly a step in the right direction for him.

Still doesn't look like a proper fullback to me though.

Bojan11

Oh Darmian slater is back.

Looks at the video and finds one thing to bash him on.
One thing?

He was terrible. Offers nothing going forward and isn't really great defensively. A fullback needs to atleast be good at one of those things.

Jaybomb

Long term, I'd prefer him at RB over Valencia to be honest. Valencia is faster and better at crossing, and he's the one "in form" at the minute. So he should probably keep his place. But selling Darmian would be a mistake IMO. He would start for most Italian teams and I'd even argue the likes of Chelsea who are reportedly interested in him, would play him more regularly than us. He needs games.

Devil may care

It´s not nitpicking, it´s common, or he´ll get foolish yellows to save himself.
It is nitpicking, his performance today was fine, getting beaten once by the winger is not worth shitting on the guy with, it's not like Valencia and Shaw haven't made errors either.

Litch

Like lots of players that fit in the category of needing games. The big problem is so many of the players have come from teams where they were starters playing regular football. We now have players sitting on the bench were that's absolutely alien to them....not easy

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
It is nitpicking, his performance today was fine, getting beaten once by the winger is not worth shitting on the guy with, it's not like Valencia and Shaw haven't made errors either.
When you´ve just been skinned badly, in what should´ve been a goal, it´s not nitpicking. It´s analysis that goes far beyond him "defending well enough."

Devil may care

When you´ve just been skinned badly, in what should´ve been a goal, it´s not nitpicking. It´s analysis that goes far beyond him "defending well enough."
Picking one incident out of an entire performance because you have an agenda against the guy is nitpicking, your boy won the spot at RB, why are you still on this Darmian trashing crusade?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Comsider
Picking one incident out of an entire performance because you have an agenda against the guy is nitpicking, your boy won the spot at RB, why are you still on this Darmian trashing crusade?
The funny thing is that if United showdown the same kind of patience with Valencia then he would have been a goner a long ago. Just few years ago he was an average winger who couldn't even cross the ball anymore. We moved him to rb because of it

ReDDHDevilS

Don't think he's that bad. He looked a bit rusty with the ball but this was his first game this season so that's not totally unexpected. He's had far worse performances than today.

Devil may care

Comsider

The funny thing is that if United showdown the same kind of patience with Valencia then he would have been a goner a long ago. Just few years ago he was an average winger who couldn't even cross the ball anymore. We moved him to rb because of it
Nobby gonna come for you now devlish. :(

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Nobby gonna come for you now devlish. :(
It's the truth. He was one for the glue factory. I never liked the man. He was a serious downgrade of his three precedessors. It was like going for a spectrum 48k after playing with a playstation 3. (Actually my old spectrum was less predictable).However we made him useful.

Darmian is pretty the same story. He's a wing back and we want to turn him as a full back. I'd say we should sell him and finally bring a quality full back in someone who can give the washed up winger a run for his money

stevoc

It's the truth. He was one for the glue factory. I never liked the man. He was a serious downgrade of his three precedessors. It was like going for a spectrum 48k after playing with a playstation 3. (Actually my old spectrum was less predictable).However we made him useful.

Darmian is pretty the same story. He's a wing back and we want to turn him as a full back. I'd say we should sell him and finally bring a quality full back in someone who can give the washed up winger a run for his money
Darmian was a wing back?

Aren't they usually very attacking players. Can't imagine Matteo bombing up and down the wing to be honest.

donkeyfish

Not sure Darmian has the full blame for that chance. He´s not supposed to allow the cross either. I think the safety-work is below par.

That being said, he´s not world class 1v1 defensively for sure. Still, I felt he had a decent game today. Not excellent, but certainly better than many of our other players.

fatboy

Decent start for someone who's looked completely off form for most part of last season. Today's performance won't have hurt his chances for winning a place on the team, or securing a move to a good club.

Status
Not open for further replies.