Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

I back him to be our starting LB this season. Hopefully he adds more offensively

ThanksBoss26

Shaw and Young both out for another couple of months puts to bed any rumours of a summer departure.

He'll start the season as first choice left back I imagine.

Sylar

He should just be clean shaven. Having dirt patches on your face is not good.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he can stay fit, he could offer some solution to both sides of the sideburns and defense.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seems a quintessentially Mourinho type player. Could've easily seen him as a regular in the Inter side.

el3mel

His normal performance. Great defensively and non existent on the attack.

He's our first choice LB at the moment. At least he can defend. Blind neither attack nor defend and Shaw is injured and him returning to form after injury is questionable. He's the only reliable option ATM.

stevoc

His normal performance. Great defensively and non existent on the attack.

He's our first choice LB at the moment. At least he can defend. Blind neither attack nor defend and Shaw is injured and him returning to form after injury is questionable. He's the only reliable option ATM.
Blind contributes far more in attack than Darmian does. And for my money he at least as good defensively as Darmian at his best.

el3mel

Blind contributes far more in attack than Darmian does. And for my money he at least as good defensively as Darmian at his best.
Blind only has some good crosses, nothing else really.

stevoc

Blind only has some good crosses, nothing else really.
Well even if that were true thats more than Darmian has. At least he makes an effort to get up the pitch and try to contribute something to the attack.

el3mel

Well even if that were true thats more than Darmian has. At least he makes an effort to get up the pitch and try to contribute something to the attack.
We need a LB that does more than this. Apparently both shouldn't be our first option in this position.

stevoc

We need a LB that does more than this. Apparently both shouldn't be our first option in this position.
Yes we need a first choice LB who offers more than Blind and much, much more than Darmian. But there are other priority positions that need filled so i could understand Mourinho going into the season with what we currently have and maybe hoping that Shaw can get his shit together.

el3mel

Yes we need a first choice LB who offers more than Blind and much, much more than Darmian. But there are other priority positions that need filled so i could understand Mourinho going into the season with what we currently have and maybe hoping that Shaw can get his shit together.
I expect us to go into the season without a new LB too as we have other urgent priorities and time is running out from us. We really didn't help ourselves in this market.

Stactix

LB is slightly weak now, it's risky going into the season with Blind / Darmian then hoping Shaw ups his game. It wasn't a position I felt comfortable with for most of last season & that's not going to change.
One of the problems last season was being overly reliant on Valencia which basically meant Utd's attack was way too predictable. Pass pass around x40, get to Valencia roll the dice, 33% chance of taking his man on, 66% chance of backwards or sideways - repeat until lose ball x90minutes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If people ignore how bad he was under LvG and just focus on his performances over the last year, he's actually been a very decent player for us. Not amazing of course and not Valencia level going forward, but his attacking game has improved loads the last few months and has had a very good pre season so far. Definitely not the end of the world using him as our starting left wing back.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He had a very good match.

From what we've been told, he came to us as a wingback where he was good. It's why many of us have always been surprised at how poor he is in an attacking sense. This match shows he hasn't completely lost it. Maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable going forward when part of a back four, but when played as an actual wingback he can take up better positions. He still won't be going past people like Valencia can, but if he's smart in his positioning he can find a lot of space.

NoPace

I think he sometimes puts us under pressure by giving up possession when he plays LWB. Best fouler on the team, rarely gets yellows because he doesn't let the situation get that dire.

Dazzmondo

Solid game today. What I liked most about his performance today was that he used his left foot a lot more which gave us a lot more width. Very good cross for the goal. Was good defensively as he normally is. Limited option but a good one to have. Think he's the best option we have for lb, though I think Lingard would be a better option for the lwb role tbh, despite this being a decent step forward.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I can't really blame Darmian for these kind of performances. It must be annoying to play LB as a right-footer.

Hed Zitin

I'd like us to sell him just so there isn't any temptation to pick him again. Such a bland, boring player.

Feel sorry for any winger that has to play with him.

Akshay

Staff
Needs to take more initiative when he's got the ball. No one's even really defending him because he's never going to make a run. He's just looking to make the simple pass to a nearby teammate and sit back, even when we're on the edge of their box.

Status
Not open for further replies.