Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAME DIOUF 32

Much as I dislike seeing his name on the team sheet, I'm not sure he could do any worse than Young at the moment. If he'd not leaving in the window then give him a few games to see if he can grab the spot for the rest of the sesson.

Then buy a new right back ffs

-Supreme-

We need to give this man some game time and he should be rotated with Dalot.

At least Darmian will give us that defensive stability unlike Young who gives away a goal or two each game

el3mel

I'd be happy to see him back in the team for a bit. If nothing more its one less position we have to worry about costing us goals.

Holocene

I'd be happy to see him back in the team for a bit. If nothing more its one less position we have to worry about costing us goals.
Wouldn't mind seeing him either. He's good defensively.

Irwin99

He's wasted a big part of his career here really. Can't see him playing even with our suspensions.

MAME DIOUF 32

If he's fit and we're playing a back four then I'd pick him against Barca. Young can't keep possession, Dalot can't defend and I don't know what the situation is with Valencia any more.

AndyJ1985

We're actually in a position where we'd prefer Darmian to play against Barcelona because our other options are that bad :lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Darmian really isn't that bad. Opinion of him seems to get lower and lower each passing week.

Full bodied red

Darmian really isn't that bad. Opinion of him seems to get lower and lower each passing week.
Agreed. It's how the Caf is - there's always one, often two players who who get everyones' frustrations dumped on them for, as in Darmian's case, reasons which are really nothing to do with them but calling out Darmian is fashionable.

FFS, he's played just four times this season plus two sub appearances and not at all since January.... We lost just one of those six - at Anfield.

Five defeats in our past seven matches, including as poor a performance as we've had all season on Wednesday in Camp Nou is hardly Darmian's fault.

MAME DIOUF 32

Unless he's not fit then it seems strange to split a functioning centre back partnership by shoving one out to right back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So many are quit to cite his pure existence as some sort of ‘everything that is wrong with the club’ example but I don’t see it. Bought relatively cheap, will fetch relatively little, and rarely plays anyway. Today he came in and was very impressive. Confident on the ball, passed out from the back well and made tackles.

Based Adnan

Thought he done well considering it was his 7th app of the season at this stage vs Man City

Some lucky Italian side is going to pick up a decent player who played very well in that league for cheap this summer. Fantastic personality as well. You've never heard him moaning about lack of game time in the press and you never come away thinking he could have done more effort wise.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Did okay I thought. Quite like him even if he’s not the best

Surprise surprise when asked to actually defend he's pretty damn good at it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Is he gonna stay on the basis that he's less shit than others ?

Still, that was not too shabby from him in some moments.

Devil may care

I like him, great pro who basically gets brought in from the cold randomly after 3 months without a game to play one of the hardest games on the fixture list, and for the most part he did fine, he could have been quicker to Sane but that goal is all on Dave. I'm not saying we should keep him but I have time for him as a person in terms of his solidness and his attitude.

He was better than Smalling which begs the question why didn't he start against Everton?

Bobski

He played well considering how few games he has had, then for some reason did multiple questionable things for the Sane goal.

Chairman Steve

Why was he played? To gather a few hundred more euros of value before finally someone takes him? :lol:

T_Model101

I don't understand how he never makes the squad tbh. Best squad player pro I've seen since Quinton Fortune

Web of Bissaka

Think he did fine.

Tell him to only defend and he'll do a fine job.

But him losing vs Sane once showed where his level is -- squad player.
I think that's the only "fault" he did today, so no complain from me.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was better than Smalling which begs the question why didn't he start against Everton?
This. We started Lindeloff against Bernard who is very skilled and pacy. Dalot was covering a physically imposing Richardson :houllier:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Neville: When was the last time he played? Three months ago
Keano: There’s a reason for that

:lol:

MadMike

"Why did play"?

- Jones injured. again
- Bailly injured and shit anyway
- Rojo a worse defender than my deceased granddad. post-death
- Dalot has been really underwhelming on his defensive side

...that's why. We have a couple of dead weight CBs and shit RBs, lads. He might be shite too, but he's arguably marginally better than the other dross sitting on the bench today.

If you think Dalot wouldn't have been skinned by Sterling and later on Sane, you've been watching a different player to me.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I thought he played well today for the most part. The only thing that stands out is he got caught chasing the wrong man on Sane's goal. Both him and Smalling went after Aguero's run and that should have just been Smalling and Darmien should have stayed with Sane. With that being said, De Gea has to make that save...

SparkedIntoLife

I don't get this situation. I've felt there's a way better player in Darmian than we've been allowed to see. Could it be that his lack of performances this season might be due to some sort of clause where we pay significantly more of his transfer fee as a future instalment based on appearances? If we know we want to sell him, maybe the club don't want to risk triggering that future instalment. I could be way off base. Considering how poor we've looked at RB this season, I don't see how Darmian hasn't had more chances. Another possibility could be that he's had some sort of personal issue. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.