Matteo Darmian image 36

Matteo Darmian Italy flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Based on a few games?
Yes - same basis for discarding him like he's some sort of amateur footballer. He's not the modern fullback the game requires these days. But he's still a very capable defender.

stevoc

Probably because the club want some fee fee clubs deem he ain't worth it. Besides, I was talking about before we weirdly extended him. My bad
Fair enough mate, triggering his extension was a real head scratcher.

stevoc

Yes - same basis for discarding him like he's some sort of amateur footballer. He's not the modern fullback the game requires these days. But he's still a very capable defender.
He played about 4 games at CB for United and about 80+ at fullback.

How is that the same basis?

I think 80 games is a good enough sample size to determine that he's not very good as both Mourinho and now Solskjaer have concluded.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Probably because the club want some fee fee clubs deem he ain't worth it. Besides, I was talking about before we weirdly extended him. My bad
I wonder how much the club actually want for him.

Surely we could could ship him off to Italy for like a million quid or something.

settembrini

I wonder how much the club actually want for him.

Surely we could could ship him off to Italy for like a million quid or something.
Inter wanted to loan Darmian for 6 months in January and we asked for €6m. They asked Southampton about Soares for the same loan and the price was €1m.

I expect United were shocked when Inter chose not to pay 6x the market rate to borrow an average full back.

Johan07

Inter wanted to loan Darmian for 6 months in January and we asked for €6m. They asked Southampton about Soares for the same loan and the price was €1m.

I expect United were shocked when Inter chose not to pay 6x the market rate to borrow an average full back.
Why would we ask for a loan fee that is double of what Darmian is paid yearly by the club? That makes no sense. More likely that we asked for 6m in transfer fee. Apples and oranges.

settembrini

Why would we ask for a loan fee that is double of what Darmian is paid yearly by the club? That makes no sense. More likely that we asked for 6m in transfer fee. Apples and oranges.
The reports from Italy said we wanted 6m loan and then another 6m on top for a transfer.

https://www.football-italia.net/133642/juve-and-inter-drop-darmian

Why would we demand such a fee? Because we have bad negotiators who overvalue our own players. Same reason for why we seem unable to sell anyone.

FromTheBench

Bizarre we haven't sold him yet.

He's not that bad that we can't find anyone to buy him.

tomaldinho1

I think we can still sell to European teams until Sept so still high chance he'll go I think

nyanza

Seriously how/why the feck is he still here? I genuinely don't get it?
He'll be 30 in December, has been unimpressive for a long time now as Ashley Young's back up. Big teams have no reason to go near him and small ones have no reason to make him one of their highest earners (unless he's ready to take a significant pay cut). He'll just have to wait until the end of his contract which I doubt he'll mind too much anyway.

stevoc

He'll be 30 in December, has been unimpressive for a long time now as Ashley Young's back up. Big teams have no reason to go near him and small ones have no reason to make him one of their highest earners (unless he's ready to take a significant pay cut). He'll just have to wait until the end of his contract which I doubt he'll mind too much anyway.
Yeah i get that impression myself, surely if he wants to leave and has wanted to leave for 1-2 years he could have did more to push it through by taking a wage cut etc. instead of sitting in the stands most weeks.

MadMike

Hopefully him, Rojo and Bailly won’t be with us come Sept 1st. Not that I’m holding my breath mind you.

haram

Hopefully him, Rojo and Bailly won’t be with us come Sept 1st. Not that I’m holding my breath mind you.
Very much doubt anyone is touching Bailly with his current injury.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Wouldn't be surprised, mate.
Just leave the poor lad leave, take whatever is hoffered. I feel sorry for him, he's a decent enough RB and I have no idea what we are doing.
He played 14 PL matches combined in last two season yet we expect I don't know what fee for him.

Oh and for the bold part- no one does, not even those running the club.

Irwin99

I wonder what he's actually like in the dressing room. Looks like it's going to be 5 years at the club :eek:

Foxbatt

I have seen Darmian play for Italy and he is very good. Then he comes and plays for United he is not that good. He joins their attack too. So something is wrong if this happens.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Shame that it didn't work out for him but he's been a class act throughout his tenure.

It was a great journey during this 4 years!! I’m very proud to be part of Manchester United family! To play and win trophies for the biggest club in the world!! I will never forget the great moment and memories that we spent toghether!!
I want to say thank you to all my teammates, all the staff,the amazing fans that always stayed by my side! I will miss you!! Thank you MUFC!
Manchester United

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Got an assist in Parma's 3-1 defeat if anyone cares :)

Status
Not open for further replies.