Matthijs De Ligt | Juventus Player

Handré1990

Jesus, it's mind blowing how much money was spent on defenders in recent years. Some of those fees seem ridiculously high for the players they belong to.

Anyway, great great sigming for Juventus. Continuing their history of great CBs. They're assembling quite a team at the moment and now they've also got a coach to get the most out of them. Exciting.
Agreed. Although a great team in recent years, I’ve always found them kind of boring.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Shame we didn't sign him, but I'm glad we can finally get over all the press gossip about him.

Raven

It was him that promoted Busquets and made Iniesta and Xavi into even regulars let alone the dominant midfielders they became. IIRC the CL final in 06 one was an unused sub and the other didn't make the squad.

Yes he was fortunate to have Messi at the stage he got him, but for me Pep was just as important for that era as Lionel.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/andre...07&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Iniesta the season before Pep. Played when he was fit. Same with Xavi. He did well to bring in 20 year old Biscuits, but the groundwork had already been done.

Another point to be made is that Barca had already won the CL just before he came in. So what he did was nothing new for them.

#00F

Supports
Barca
With wages and agent commission, one of the most expensive deals for a defender. have to see how it works out over next few years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
With wages and agent commission, one of the most expensive deals for a defender. have to see how it works out over next few years.
THE most expensive, period

Handré1990

Mainly due to Allegri's style. It'll be interesting to see what Sarri does with them.
All the way back to Conte, I’d say. They have the players to play a more attractive brand of football so it will be very interesting. If they somehow elevate their game, while still winning, say at least Serie A, it will be a nice redemption story for Sarri as well.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Atleast, He was a Juve fan when he was a kid and he digs club's anthem. ;)

Irwin99

He'll be sold to Real Madrid for 150 million in a few years time (especially with that agent).

Gotta admire Juve though, they win their league season after season and are still not satisfied/always looking to improve.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He'll be sold to Real Madrid for 150 million in a few years time (especially with that agent).

Gotta admire Juve though, they win their league season after season and are still not satisfied/always looking to improve.
Exactly that. They had Chiellini, Bonucci and Rugani and they still spent huge money on De ligt. Huge respect to them.

On the other hand, our goal is to be in top 4.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He chooses money, ok then. Let's see how this barely-legal Raiola puppet does in Serie A.
:lol::lol:. What? Did he sign for PSG? No, he chose top club, money and titles. And he chose to play in league which is perfect for defenders.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Many great dutch players failed in Italy before.
But trio Van Basten- Gullit- Rijkaard destroyed that league. Nevertheless it is not important. Your comment that he chose money going in Juve ( instead of Barca i presume?) is ridiculous

Nedved

But trio Van Basten- Gullit- Rijkaard destroyed that league. Nevertheless it is not important. Your comment that he chose money going in Juve ( instead of Barca i presume?) is ridiculous
Sneijder, Seedorf and Stam were pretty decent too.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sneijder, Seedorf and Stam were pretty decent too.
Davids;). Anyway, for every nation you can say that they had hit and misses in every league. And in De ligt case, he could not pick better league and better club at this stage in his career.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You've got to be joking if you're telling me that Raiola didn't choose the best deal for his money-concerned young client.
And? I don't understand your point. Sure, Raiola forced Juve to pay extra money to him and De ligt. So what?
Again it is Juventus. It was not PSG- Barca dilemma. It was Juve-Barca dilemma. Two great clubs.
Do you support Barca maybe? Barca fans, media and club in general have huge issues when player rejects Barca.

Tostao_80

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
And? I don't understand your point. Sure, Raiola forced Juve to pay extra money to him and De ligt. So what?
Again it is Juventus. It was not PSG- Barca dilemma. It was Juve-Barca dilemma. Two great clubs.
Dilemma solved by money/bigger wage. Raiola/DeLigt first knocked on Barça's door. When wage expectations were not met, they knocked on PSG's and Juve's, finally settling with Juve, which is also, as we all know, a huge club and UCL/League contenders.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
:lol::lol:. What? Did he sign for PSG? No, he chose top club, money and titles. And he chose to play in league which is perfect for defenders.
It's funny to see bitterness from some posters here. " He went for money" - as if that's not been the motto for most of the United signings recently and for the suger daddy Premier league clubs. It really is hilarious.

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
14 M net per year it seems. Is he the best paid defender in the world now?

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Would have loved him here, loved him as a player ever since the EL final. Shouldn't have left Stockholm without him
Yeah, he should've been the CB signing in that summer instead of Lindelöf. Young, very good with the ball, leader etc. Everything we needed in a CB.*

*Except his bastard of an agent though :nervous:

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Destroy is not the correct word about the impact on Serie A back in the late '80s.... revolutionary in Italy and supersuccesful in Europe but at that time there were several successful strong teams domestically ('80s and '90s) in Italy.