Matthijs De Ligt | Juventus Player

Kostur

海尔的老板
Just wtf is this picture? De Ligt looks like a digital person from FIFA 15.

Either way, congratulations you big moron. You've just said hello to any sort of glory in your career. Honestly, even a guy like me wouldn't want to play as a professional in Serie A. They can keep on buying as many players as they want. The minute they arrive they become irrelevant. America's been doing the same thing since the early 90's and their league is still as uninteresting and irrelevant as ever. They don't care about the sport and it won't make a difference how many random average "stars" you buy or how many semi retired dorks you manage to lure over with your BUCKS. fecking franchise is a laughing stock and erodes pretty much the only thing you shouldn't touch. Just watch 20 000 fans show up for a division 2 game with not a star player within a million miles. Do you think they'd show up if you'd change the team logo to a JJ and renamed them? Go kill yourself.

It's SHIT Shit And BULLSHIT!! You cannot BUY your way to an interesting league. No one cares about the league - not one fecking bit. It's all down to culture within a country - and I don't care how many fans are there either. Your league is SHIT and it STINKS SHIT. You can buy as many freaking pubs as you like - no one will want to go there. Just stay within your own business and let your money roll and stay the hell away from football you big morons. It could have been pretty much anything as long as there's something in it for you. The way you go about things only shows how little you understand.

And de Ligt- you're an absolute zero today. You had enough money but you wanted MORE. Absolutely gutted for your fans. They must be so disappointed seeing you hide away in Serie A. And don't believe for a second we're impressed by this move. You're only embarrassing.

Seij

He made the logical choice. Juventus is the only team willing to give him the wage he and Raiola demanded. Plus, he will have guaranteed Serie A trophy every single season as well as pretty good chance at the Champions League. Anyone else would've made the same decision.

Last edited:

Halal Jalal

Either way, congratulations you big moron. You've just said hello to any sort of glory in your career. Honestly, even a guy like me wouldn't want to play as a professional in Serie A. They can keep on buying as many players as they want. The minute they arrive they become irrelevant. America's been doing the same thing since the early 90's and their league is still as uninteresting and irrelevant as ever. They don't care about the sport and it won't make a difference how many random average "stars" you buy or how many semi retired dorks you manage to lure over with your BUCKS. fecking franchise is a laughing stock and erodes pretty much the only thing you shouldn't touch. Just watch 20 000 fans show up for a division 2 game with not a star player within a million miles. Do you think they'd show up if you'd change the team logo to a JJ and renamed them? Go kill yourself.

It's SHIT Shit And BULLSHIT!! You cannot BUY your way to an interesting league. No one cares about the league - not one fecking bit. It's all down to culture within a country - and I don't care how many fans are there either. Your league is SHIT and it STINKS SHIT. You can buy as many freaking pubs as you like - no one will want to go there. Just stay within your own business and let your money roll and stay the hell away from football you big morons. It could have been pretty much anything as long as there's something in it for you. The way you go about things only shows how little you understand.

And de Ligt- you're an absolute zero today. You had enough money but you wanted MORE. Absolutely gutted for your fans. They must be so disappointed seeing you hide away in Serie A. And don't believe for a second we're impressed by this move. You're only embarrassing.
There are some bitter and petty posts in this thread, but yours probably takes the cake. Come on man, lets get over this with some dignity. I'd absolutely love MDL here, followed the whole transfer saga closely and I'm just disappointed as you are right now... That doesn't mean we need to insult the guy, or the club that managed to get him.

We should accept the fact that he didn't turn us down because of money - in fact, some reports claim that we offered him better deal than Juventus. Despite De Ligt's current quality (already top 10 CB in the world at 19), he's still a kid who can improve considerably. Don't you think Juve offer better platform for development than we do right now? In Turin he can learn from Chiellini or Bonucci, and train with Cristiano Ronaldo. Here, he'd need to lead the whole defence right from the start without any guarantees of success, and deal with useless "players" like JLingz, Fred, Matic, Bailly... and the rest of them. There's one world class player at our club right now, and it seems that half of the fanbase hates him. Why should De Ligt subject himself to this? That's no challenge, it's just a badly managed football club.

Maguire might no be De Ligt, but he's probably the best of available Tier 2 CBs - and that's our level right now, competing in EL and hoping for 4th place next season. Honestly, I believe that as long as we convince PP to stay, we have a good chance to qualify for CL and stick to the upward trajectory in the future. Then we'll attract players like MDL again.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Agreed. I think he made the right choice as well.

Velvet Revolver

I understand you want to vent, but jeez mate chill

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

This is why Juve really needed to get this done. Chiellini gets injured all the time these days.

Nedved

Wow, are you drunk? He moved to Italy, not Qatar.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Relax. Serie A isn’t the best league in Europe anymore, but they are still among top 3 or 4.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

:lol: cry more

Varun

Staff

Wtf :lol:

Varun

Staff
Juve offer everything we do and more. Frankly, bar affiliations with the club, I'd be surprised if a player picks us over them at the moment.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus

Jesus, please someone quickly give this kid a hug.

ReallyUSA

how much you lose bud?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Whoah! Shit, shit AND bullshit?! That's like, super harsh. Was the bullshit necessary? We'll never know.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown

De Ligt will live in a more successful country, more attractive and more beautiful in any sense than any angle of Uk. Premier league can only wish to be half dominant and great as the old Serie A of the previous decades.

Just shoot me

It's crazy how cheap we signed Vidic.

Where are those kind of players?

Cheap but potential world class?
Believe it or not but I think I saw that potential world class cb playing against Watford last night... at Ajax :smirk:
Perr Schuurs is like a 19yo clone of De Ligt and he kinda impressed me with his defending and style of playing the ball around. Amazing work of scouting and molding talents at Ajax, if he turns out to be another future world class cb.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Brilliant :lol:

Almost fell for it too.

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
No way. He’ll earn 7.5 M euros net per year, excluding bonuses. Still a lot, but not outrageous.
True, just read some newspapers lying. What a novelty. Even so, that's more than players like carvajal (4.9M) or varane (5.8). Nice salary he landed here.

Bwuk

His loss. Don’t understand why anyone would want to play with Chiellini instead of Smalling.

SplitzMagic

The amount of people who believed he is signing for us solely based on a few fairytales on reddit is golden :lol:
Ayy, watch it. I was one of those. My muppetry has died now. I am no longer the person I once was.

Never seen myself as a stalker type, Reddit had me on the hype train looking at footballers friends/families profiles on Instagram to find any little comment with any reference to utd and the best I found was the red and black circles in a comment that made me think it was on. How stupid of me.

And to make matters worse, there was a day where I was following a plane that was flying from Porto to Manchester and when it was approaching, had me watching the Manchester Airport landing cam to see.

Muppet virus at its finest.

Yes... Reddit did a lot to me and I am proud to say I no longer own a reddit account.

I have repented

Ps.

REDDIT ITK'S can go to hell!

dove

Ayy, watch it. I was one of those. My muppetry has died now. I am no longer the person I once was.

Never seen myself as a stalker type, Reddit had me on the hype train looking at footballers friends/families profiles on Instagram to find any little comment with any reference to utd and the best I found was the red and black circles in a comment that made me think it was on. How stupid of me.

And to make matters worse, there was a day where I was following a plane that was flying from Porto to Manchester and when it was approaching, had me watching the Manchester Airport landing cam to see.

Muppet virus at its finest.

Yes... Reddit did a lot to me and I am proud to say I no longer own a reddit account.

I have repented

Ps.

REDDIT ITK'S can go to hell!
:lol: We all know this feeling. I remember very well tracking Benatia's plane just for it to land in Munich, or... Thiago muppetry :(

izec

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Kostur has managed to wum plenty on here I see. 9/10 as a couple of guys didn't fall for it.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He made the logical choice. Juventus is the only team willing to give him the wage he and Raiola demanded. Plus, he will have guaranteed Serie A trophy every single season as well as pretty good chance at the Champions League. Anyone else would've made the same decision.
Exactly, big wages, guarantee of CL every year(until he leaves for Barca/RM)

Bonucci is no spring chicken either, De Ligt will be able to get a lot of game time on top of virtually guaranteed CL football and huge wages.

His loss. Don’t understand why anyone would want to play with Chiellini instead of Smalling.
:lol:

When you draw up a list of the great Italian CB's. Baresi, Cannavaro, Nesta, Scirea. Surely Chiellini belongs amongst them, along with the likes of ole mono brow or Maldini. Being an understudy whilst Chiellini winds down his career would be great for a young CB.

RedCurry

De Ligt will live in a more successful country, more attractive and more beautiful in any sense than any angle of Uk. Premier league can only wish to be half dominant and great as the old Serie A of the previous decades.

Yea maybe he can go back and play in 90s. Wait he wasn't even born then.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown

Yea maybe he can go back and play in 90s. Wait he wasn't even born then.
Maybe he could be decent in the '90s..... don't know if he would survive in the '80s Serie A....

anyway to give you a comparasion about "dominance".... give me a foreigner top player on the level of Zico (Udinese), Sokrates/Passarella (Fiorentina), Elkjaer/Briegel (Verona), Maradona/Careca (Napoli), Junior/Scifo (Torino),etc. playing for clubs of that level in England nowdays?

RedCurry

Maybe he could be decent in the '90s..... don't know if he would survive in the '80s Serie A....

anyway to give you a comparasion about "dominance".... give me a foreigner top player on the level of Zico (Udinese), Sokrates/Passarella (Fiorentina), Elkjaer/Briegel (Verona), Maradona/Careca (Napoli), Junior/Scifo (Torino),etc. playing for clubs of that level in England nowdays?

Give me the last time both European competitions had all Italian finals.

I’ll give you another mind blowing fact, English teams have won more CL/European Cups than Italian teams. Both overall and since the turn of the century.

Edit: Italian teams have definitely dominated match fixings, I’ll give you that.

SplitzMagic

:lol: We all know this feeling. I remember very well tracking Benatia's plane just for it to land in Munich, or... Thiago muppetry :(
At the time it's fun, but after it's almost 10000% meh.

I guess it's similar to when your Mrs says you're going to get some later and then later comes and you find you have to end up playing fifa till 5am instead because she goes to bed.

Not saying that happens to me... :lol: