Matthijs De Ligt | Juventus Player

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Seems like we've loaned out De Ligt to Juve for 5 years, although the loan can be shortened 2022 onwards by paying EUR 150m clause.

Cloud7

Not a bad place to perfect your trade as a CB, in Italy, learning under guys like Chiellini.

Skills

Snitch
Great signing for them. Juventus aren't fecking around

dove

The amount of people who believed he is signing for us solely based on a few fairytales on reddit is golden :lol:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Looking forward to finally getting him in 2022 then once his development is complete. Kind of Juve to do that for us, like Pogba.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The amount of people here that are mad about it even though there were no credible links of him going to United at any point is mindboggling.

Anyways, great signing for Juve. Chiellini is incredible but he’s 35 and gets injured too often, they couldn’t afford to play a CL tie with Rugani-Bonucci as a CB partnership again.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The amount of people who believed he is signing for us solely based on a few fairytales on reddit is golden :lol:
The amount of people that genuinely beleived those asserting it was a done deal was even better. :lol:

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
The most expensive CB in the world, according to Transfermarkt:

Rio Ferdinand still in the top 10

redshaw

Official then, no Ligt at the end of the tunnel for Manchester United.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Not me. He's a good coach, but he's never had a proper challenge.
That's what tends to happen when you create the best team of all time in your first job.

Why would he take jobs he's well overqualified for just to prove a point?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would have loved him here, loved him as a player ever since the EL final. Shouldn't have left Stockholm without him

SATA

So Ballbag was right? He said we were never in the running, and that Barca, Bayern and Juve were in for him. I can’t believe he went to Juve, an underwhelming choice

Raven

That's what tends to happen when you create the best team of all time in your first job.

Well, he's still never won the CL with anyonr but Barca. He's got record points tallies in the domestic leagues, but he really should have a CL or 2 under his belt at this stage.

UnitedObsession99

Creates the best team....out of one of the best foundations ever including Messi, Xavi and Iniesta! Yep skills right there!

Not to mention a massive budget and a massive historical advantage with Barca being a priority for most players.

Moyes could have achieved what Guardiola did with those foundations!

Raven

So Ballbag was right? He said we were never in the running, and that Barca, Bayern and Juve were in for him. I can’t believe he went to Juve, an underwhelming choice
As much as I don't rate the Italian league, I think this will be a good move for him. He'll get to iron out a couple of his flaws under the tutelage of Chiellini and gets to play with his idol before retirement. Don't think he'll stick around any longer than 2 or 3 seasons though.

Ibrahimorich

Creates the best team....out of one of the best foundations ever including Messi, Xavi and Iniesta! Yep skills right there!

Not to mention a massive budget and a massive historical advantage with Barca being a priority for most players.

Moyes would've had them challening for Europa League :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Okay :houllier::lol:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As per Ornstein, we were the only club to have made a bid which was accepted till beginning of the month. Bayern and Barca didn't even bid for him!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The most expensive CB in the world, according to Transfermarkt:

Rio Ferdinand still in the top 10
Jesus, it's mind blowing how much money was spent on defenders in recent years. Some of those fees seem ridiculously high for the players they belong to.

Anyway, great great sigming for Juventus. Continuing their history of great CBs. They're assembling quite a team at the moment and now they've also got a coach to get the most out of them. Exciting.

RedDevilRoshi

Is it?

Play alongside Ronaldo and learn from the likes of Bonucci & Chiellini. Will most likely win the league and they also have a good shout for the CL. Far from underwhelming.

Bayern is probably the underwhelming choice out of those 3 clubs.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff

Wtf :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe not Moyes, but any coach who plays decent ball would have struggled not to have been successful with that team.
It's not so much that he was successful it was the way he was.

He had European royalty playing like ultra underdogs in their own back yards on a regular basis, they had the type of control on games I've never seen before.

Of course most managers would degree some degree of success at a club like Barca but they would never have built such a formidable side that scared even fellow great sides into camping inside their 18 yard box.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

You were making a little sense until that last stupidity of a sentence

Raven

It's not so much that he was successful it was the way he was.

He had European royalty playing like ultra underdogs in their own back yards on a regular basis, they had the type of control on games I've never seen before.

Of course most managers would degree some degree of success at a club like Barca but they would never have built such a formidable side that scared even fellow great sides into camping inside their 18 yard box.
I'd have to disagree, they had THE best midfield of the last 20 or 30 years, with one of the best players of all time up top. There's no team on the planet who would be able to get a foothold against those lads. As I say, he's a good coach, but he's nowhere near as good as most people rate him.

Utdfanabroad

Out of the club's that were interested (I don't think we ever were) this is the best choice for him. He'll learn from quality defenders and gets the chance to play with CR7, which is probably a dream for a player of his age. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops on the world stage

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'd have to disagree, they had THE best midfield of the last 20 or 30 years, with one of the best players of all time up top. There's no team on the planet who would be able to get a foothold against those lads. As I say, he's a good coach, but he's nowhere near as good as most people rate him.
It was him that promoted Busquets and made Iniesta and Xavi into even regulars let alone the dominant midfielders they became. IIRC the CL final in 06 one was an unused sub and the other didn't make the squad.

Yes he was fortunate to have Messi at the stage he got him, but for me Pep was just as important for that era as Lionel.