Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasolin

I wish we would just come out and say, alright guys, the party is over, here's the contract signed by De Ligt. :lol:

RC89

Why are we not involved in this? Surely we need him the most and are known to pay obscene wages. Rather on him than some has-been like we've been doing.

kirk buttercup

Probably a good fit for him. Moving up a level playing with real quality and very good chance of winning alot , makes sense unfortunately for us

oreon

Maybe I am wrong but I don't ManUTD were ever seriously in the running for him. There were just two reports a couple of weeks ago that were UTD were in the race, everything after that has strongly indicated that UTD were not a serious consideration.
To me, it seems we had a passive interest but were not really keen to go after him based on his valuation. This would lineup with the recent reports that we only have a 100 million for transfer. Our haggling over the AWB fee and offering 40 million for Maguire would back the claims that the money just isn't there.
I don't think we seriously pursued him. It's been two weeks of De ligt being linked with Barca, Juve and PSG. Woodward seems like he was happy to have the claims that we had pursued him out there and have another team overpay for De Ligt which would let him off the hook.

Traub

How have PSG not locked this down yet? Surely they’re offering the most cash out of the three.

I’m not too familiar with Juve’s back line - would be slot straight in as first choice?

RyRoc

Have I missed something in the last couple of years but when did Juve become a club with such a large amount of money?

Skills

Snitch
Have I missed something in the last couple of years but when did Juve become a club with such a large amount of money?
They're owned by the Agnelli family. They've always been loaded - just probably haven't chosen to flex their muscles as much in recent years.

RyRoc

They're owned by the Agnelli family. They've always been loaded - just probably haven't chosen to flex their muscles as much in recent years.
Thanks - didn't know that, always felt they were restricted hence always getting Free Transfers (and being successful at that)

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They’re going all out on the fact that CR7 is going to inevitably go through a decline so it’s best to blow your load while he’s still capable of world-class performances and try to get that elusive CL.

Sterling Archer

Talk about media frenzy. This is some hype around the transfer. Basically every top club and league has been implicated. Nicely done by Raiola.

Juve is the only club I think realistically make sense for De Ligt outside of us.

Fab tweeting just means Juve are interested. Doesn't mean De Ligt is going there. I'm going to set my hopes on our own ITK @golden_blunder that he's coming to United :drool:

Member 93275

De Telegraaf/Mike Verweij breaking it now too, mentioning close sources that Juve made an offer comparable to PSG, 15 to 20m euro a year. He's pretty big in Italy, winning the last Golden Boy award (which is Italian) and putting Juve out of the CL. It's still just an offer.

RU Devil

Still have to operate under FFP. Unless Agnelli creates a shell sponsorship a la City, he can't just pour money in. Not privy to Juve's finances, but they can't just spend just because Agnelli feels like dropping a load. Now, if they are flush with cash due to operations, that's a different story.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Talk about media frenzy. This is some hype around the transfer. Basically every top club and league has been implicated. Nicely done by Raiola.

Juve is the only club I think realistically make sense for De Ligt outside of us.

Fab tweeting just means Juve are interested. Doesn't mean De Ligt is going there. I'm going to set my hopes on our own ITK @golden_blunder that he's coming to United :drool:
Wait what i thought golden blunder was just bluffing

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Still have to operate under FFP. Unless Agnelli creates a shell sponsorship a la City, he can't just pour money in. Not privy to Juve's finances, but they can't just spend just because Agnelli feels like dropping a load. Now, if they are flush with cash due to operations, that's a different story.
They aren't, but they're adopting an aggressive strategy for financial growth. Signing De Ligt and possibly Pogba, on those kind of wages should put them under serious financial strain, but it would also massively increase their visibility and value of their brand, which would reflect on their revenue. They're going for Florentino's old strategy of signing galacticos and getting rich off their fame

Risky, but sound. If they're unable to afford it next year they'll still have the assets to sell to avoid breaking FFP anyways

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He'll go to Juve or Bayern I guess. Never really expected him, given how big the hype is, to sign for us, currently the 6th placed team in England. I'd be (very) pleasantly surprised but it doesn't seem likely to me.

Axkiko

Why are we not involved in this? Surely we need him the most and are known to pay obscene wages. Rather on him than some has-been like we've been doing.
We tried but all the teams offering similar wages apart of Barca. Then we are not playing in CL this season. We are not chasing for major trophies soon. Why should you think we’re still in for the chase?

gingerless

230 pages of this shit come on guys. literally NOTHING has happened since this whole thing started. A lot of clueless tweets from clueless people claiming all possible outcomes "top tier source" my arse. This Di Marzio guy alone has claimed he signed for psg and now it's juve apprently. It's time to stop posting.

Reactions: Sultan

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
230 pages of this shit come on guys. literally NOTHING has happened since this whole thing started. A lot of clueless tweets from clueless people claiming all possible outcomes "top tier source" my arse. This Di Marzio guy alone has claimed he signed for psg and now it's juve apprently. It's time to stop posting.
Yep. Ridiculous thread. I keep popping back in the see what levels of ridiculous it’s hit now.

It’s so ridiculous I almost don’t want De Ligt to come just so I can see the state this thread gets in.

SapperBRed75

There is nothing of substance supporting the likelihood of De Ligt joining us. We have money, and the mention of our club generates interest in the media. Romance aside, we were never a plausible destination for him. Hope he does well and we're in a stronger position when he considers his next move.

gulli_G

Aren't you sick of this guy?
Yes, I would rather buy a slightly lesser player who is dying to play for us over a player who allows the Raiolacoster at such a young age.

I feel he is disrespecting clubs by stringing them all along.

Member 93275

Yes, I would rather buy a slightly lesser player who is dying to play for us over a player who allows the Raiolacoster at such a young age.

I feel he is disrespecting clubs by stringing them all along.
Yes how dare he let club make him offers to contemplate and the media to write lots of stuff about him.

DE LIGT

Oh.. I had dreams about him lifting the CL as our captain
Well, is there anyway I can change my username then? No? okay..

Dolf

He's certainly playing into it and loving the attention going by the majority of the comments he's made this summer.
What comments? All he said was that he’s going to go on holiday first and then decide. And that all options were open.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm certainly not invested in this saga anymore, its clearly not happening. Bit sad that we don't seem to have a true muppet saga this summer at all.
Yep. It peaked weeks ago. Raiola fecked this one up, you can't string a saga out too long, you've got to pop it just at the right time.

He's a good player but honestly i'm not sure he's as good as everybody makes out, he's certainly been over hyped at this stage. There will be other CB's available, we just need to be sharper and get the deals done quickly.

Member 93275

He's certainly playing into it and loving the attention going by the majority of the comments he's made this summer.
Player answers questions from interviewers before and after games shocker! Says he will compare offers during the summer, the brat!

It's not about the offers, it about how his agent acted throughout
How did his agent act throughout? Nothing is known about it.

Brophs

The One and Only
Juve would be a great move for him. Play in a side that will allow him a few mistakes, which all young players have while he learns from the likes of Chiellini and Bonucci. CL football and a fantastic environment to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.