Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

predator

Youth NITK
Glad its over in all honesty. I would have loved us to sign him but let's be real and understand that we aren't that good anymore.

I still dont think Juve will get thr CL they are so desperate for.

wr8_utd

:'(
I've never really care if he ends up here or at Barca or Juve but I've just got a gut feeling he's not going to end up being as good as he's been hyped up to be.

Traub

He'll be at Barca or Madrid in 3 years.
Yip. Maybe 5. I’m happy we didn’t go along with that clause - this together with the Ronaldo signing is a clear sign Juve are looking to capitalise as much as possible in the short term and to worry about the consequences later.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Yip. Maybe 5. I’m happy we didn’t go along with that clause - this together with the Ronaldo signing is a clear sign Juve are looking to capitalise as much as possible in the short term and to worry about the consequences later.
De Ligt is 19 years old

nonetheless

Supports
Juve
Yes, but if there is a release clause and he turns as good as many think he will be, someone will pay the clause no doubt.
the release clause gives him the freedom to choose in 3 years whether to extend the contract or leave (if he confirms his potential) it has been requested by Raiola to avoid another Pogba situation where MU "forces" him to stay when he wants out. Personally I have not a problem with the clause since Juve traditionally let players go anyway if they request so, but more with its entity if it is 120 M would be too low relative to the deal. 150+ would be about right.
Ultimately it will be up to the player anyway, if he wants to stay he will renew during the third year. In this market you cannot chain players like MU and PSG do, I think it is a mistake to hold on Pogba for example, you would be better off milking the transfer and investing the money wisely

Andersons Dietician

lets Face it, it’s a good move for him. Play with 2 of the best defenders of the last 5-7 years or longer and hopefully learn and improve with their help. Play in a technical lead where you’re almost as guaranteed a league winners medal as you are with PSG and best of all you have a get out clause and will probably move in 3-4 years for my guess Barca.

I also hear vertical stripes are very slimming and make you look taller.

stepic

Eh, joining the Italian league at 19 is a shit move, let’s face it. Weak league. Weak move.

#00F

Supports
Barca
His next move will probably be Madrid or PSG. Barca doesn't like to deal (much) with Raiola. Been the situation since Ibra case.

Jericholyte2

Might just be the bitter fanboy in me but I genuinely think if we’d have got a top four place he’d be a United player right now.

Shame really. He's going to spend the most important years of his development in a league where he doesn't need to get out of 2nd gear. Still, at least Juventus are a proper club instead of wasting his career entirely at PSG.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Going to Serie A at 19, it's like... he's not very ambitious. Could've always gone there at 39.

Traub

De Ligt is 19 years old
I wasn’t clear. I mean the fact that they’re willing to sign de Ligt knowing he won’t be there for more than five years in the best case, together with Ronaldo being signed on massive wages with zero resell value, they’re focusing on the next couple of years.

Le Red

Maguire will be a legend for us and MdL will beg to join MUFC later on.

peridigm

I wasn’t clear. I mean the fact that they’re willing to sign de Ligt knowing he won’t be there for more than five years in the best case, together with Ronaldo being signed on massive wages with zero resell value, they’re focusing on the next couple of years.
Best case is they keep him for 3. Fatty won’t accept any more.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I don't get it. Why would that be the best case?

Surely the best case scenario is he stays there for 15+ years?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
lets Face it, it’s a good move for him. Play with 2 of the best defenders of the last 5-7 years or longer and hopefully learn and improve with their help.
I also hear vertical stripes are very slimming and make you look taller.
He's already a better defender than Bonucci ever was

And the juventus shirt makes him a hunchback :D

Sterling Archer

Gotta get used to this - players not joining us when given the choice.

Is it something to be upset about? No...plenty of players around. It's all about the team and club structure. City managed to do a damn good job of getting in the right players over the years and the right managers.

Ed Woodward is our biggest handicap at the moment.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
Why would a lot of people believe Juve buy good players so they can sell them with big cash?. Keep waiting our whole squad and good luck with that because I don’t see a team that is a selling team. Juve were never a selling team. Baggio gone because of Lippi. Zidane gone because he thought he didn’t had a chance to win the UCL with Juve. Pogba gone because he was young and naive.

Raven

Mehh. Serie A is a bit of a shit league. He's young so will probably move again in his early 20s so it's a good first move.

Status
Not open for further replies.