Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

I doubt he is. He is hyped out of proportions. I'm sure there will be frustrations with him in Italy as he continues his development. He has potential to become a generational defender, but he is not there yet. People tout him already as the best defender in the world. It's obviously bullshit.
I'm sure he's already brilliant, as is Maguire. But De Ligt is at that stage of his career, as has been proven in the match against England recently and at some stage In the CL, he has a mistake in him. He won't be as reliable as people think.

R'hllor

Football fans, what a bunch of morons with gold fish memory. He took away Pobga from them with still unknown how much money went to Juve exactly. Now he got them MDL with clause of 150mil. in 3 years, basically he already is set to move on from them before even kicking a ball and they chanting his name, you couldnt make this shit up.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Football fans, what a bunch of morons with gold fish memory. He took away Pobga from them with still unknown how much money went to Juve exactly. Now he got them MDL with clause of 150mil. in 3 years, basically he already is set to move on from them before even kicking a ball and they chanting his name, you couldnt make this shit up.

150m in 3 years... so double the buying price... count me in! 150m for a defender -- sure, thank you much.

Weren't you guys enjoying his antics when he was throwing chairs in Dortmund's meeting room? :houllier: Gold fish memory right? and when he got you Pogba and Zlatan?

U-N-I-T-E-D

Nah, I'd expect Jessie's place to have huge posters of him and Rashford on the walls. Maybe a few logos of JLingz celebration and some shady lighting
It totally would. A huge painting of him shirtless, JLingz pants, chains riding a tiger...

R'hllor

150m in 3 years... so double the buying price... count me in! 150m for a defender -- sure, thank you much.

Weren't you guys enjoying his antics when he was throwing chairs in Dortmund's meeting room? :houllier: Gold fish memory right? and when he got you Pogba and Zlatan?
At this rate 150mil for defender will be like paying now 80, hope i am wrong offc. Dunno who those guys were, i wasnt one of them, said from first moment that it might be funny at the time but our time will come when we gonna call him a cnut.

So you can drop being offended act, i said football fans are dumb sobs and i am one of them.

Edit: Oh and cheering name of agent is next level of moronic for few reasons.

WensleyMU

So, aged just 19, Del Ligt has given up on his career and moved to a 5th tier league full of relics from the past.

At least he will have those 3 Serie A titles to hold closely.

Chillosophy

So, aged just 19, Del Ligt has given up on his career and moved to a 5th tier league full of relics from the past.

At least he will have those 3 Serie A titles to hold closely.
You dont believe Juve is one of the favourites for CL next season?

WensleyMU

You dont believe Juve is one of the favourites for CL next season?
I wasn't being serious but to answer your question no.

An outside bet, sure, but Juve seem to have a curse on them when it comes to the Champions League. Maybe it's the severe lack on domestic competition, something which hampers a number of sides in Europe? I'm not sure.

RoyH1

Absolutely embarrassing from those fans. :houllier:
I know, isn't it? What kind of a fanbase cheers on an agent? What are they going to be saying a couple of years from now when he's leaving for Barsa or Real for a better payday? Have they forgotten that this is the man that helped Pogba leave Juventus for us?

Baffling priorities. I haven't seen that happen in neither England or Spain. I cannot imagine it happening in Germany either. If I'm wrong, someone please enlighten me.

RoyH1

I don't think you can argue that he's top 3.
Van Dijk, Koulibaly and Varane are all better than him at this stage. Of course, he's only 19 so there's no doubt that he has the potential to be better than them.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Van Dijk, Koulibaly and Varane are all better than him at this stage. Of course, he's only 19 so there's no doubt that he has the potential to be better than them.
Varane?? :confused: You haven't watched him play football in the slightest since the World Cup have you?

Sergio Ramos is twice the player.

Nedved

I know, isn't it? What kind of a fanbase cheers on an agent? What are they going to be saying a couple of years from now when he's leaving for Barsa or Real for a better payday? Have they forgotten that this is the man that helped Pogba leave Juventus for us?

Baffling priorities. I haven't seen that happen in neither England or Spain. I cannot imagine it happening in Germany either. If I'm wrong, someone please enlighten me.
There no hard feelings against the man who brokered the deals of Nedved, Zlatan and Pogba to Juve. The latter two were sold for a profit since they personally wanted to leave whereas Nedved is still at the club as director. Why should Juve fans hate him after also bringing De Ligt? United’s current problems with Pogba are due to the club’s underwhelming results since he joined, not Raiola.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
It's probably been covered, but can someone explain why Ajax would sell this lad for anything less then like £100m?
When your thing as a club is to develop players and move them on (not willingly but no option) there is a benefit to being reasonable with your demands when it is time for them to leave because a key point of your model is being able to attract talent in the first place that can be developed. A talent is less likely to tie themselves to a (mid to lower tier) club if that club has a reputation of making it difficult to leave.

RoyH1

There no hard feelings against the man who brokered the deals of Nedved, Zlatan and Pogba to Juve. The latter two were sold for a profit since they personally wanted to leave whereas Nedved is still at the club as director. Why should Juve fans hate him after also bringing De Ligt? United’s current problems with Pogba is due to the club’s underwhelming results since he joined, not Raiola.
Why cheer an agent? Do you get it? I don't? I cannot imagine United fans ever cheering on an agent like that.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
Juve fans chanting Raiola’s name when de Ligt came in.

What a strange understanding of football they have down there.

Players come and go but the big man has always deals for Juventus. He always brings WC players to Turin. Plus it is not his fault that his clients wanna change clubs it is their choice. We love him since Nedved days.

Raven

Yeah, and a few others. He won't even be the best CB at Juve. I have no doubt that if he avoids injury, he'll be the best of the lot, but I don't think he's currently better than Maguire.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

An outside bet, sure, but Juve seem to have a curse on them when it comes to the Champions League. Maybe it's the severe lack on domestic competition, something which hampers a number of sides in Europe? I'm not sure.
It certainly is. These teams aren't really tested week in week out

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yeah, and a few others. He won't even be the best CB at Juve. I have no doubt that if he avoids injury, he'll be the best of the lot, but I don't think he's currently better than Maguire.
Most would have De Ligt in their top 5 defender list, and most wouldn’t even have Maguire in their top 10 list. For most, there are some distance apart from the two players. Anyway, you are entitled to your own opinion.

Raven

Most would have De Ligt in their top 5 defender list, and most wouldn’t even have Maguire in their top 10 list. For most, there are some distance apart from the two players. Anyway, you are entitled to your own opinion.
Then most top 5 lists would be wrong.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Then most top 5 lists would be wrong.
Right everyone is clueless and you know your stuffs. As I’ve said, you are entitled to your own opinion. De Ligt has won Dutch player of the year, Squad of season in CL, team of the tournament in national league, Squad of season in Europa league and Golden Boy within the last 2 years. He is more highly regarded and rated by majority, that’s all I am saying.

Raven

Right everyone is clueless and you know your stuffs. As I’ve said, you are entitled to your own opinion. De Ligt has won Dutch player of the year, Squad of season in CL, team of the tournament in national league, Squad of season in Europa and Golden Boy the season before. He is more highly regarded and rated by majority, that’s all I am saying.
In the premier league there are at least 2 better than him currently, same with La Liga and Serie A. That's a minimum of 6 ahead of him. I still think he's too rash and prone to mistakes to be considered a truly world class CB. Still think he will go on to be one of, if not THE best in the world, but he's a while off yet.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
In the premier league there are at least 2 better than him currently, same with La Liga and Serie A. That's a minimum of 6 ahead of him. I still think he's too rash and prone to mistakes to be considered a truly world class CB. Still think he will go on to be one of, if not THE best in the world, but he's a while off yet.
You can say he is young and hence not totally proven. But fact is he has been among the best in every competitions he has involved so far in his career, at all levels. You can’t really fault him just because he is young, unless he failed.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
To the people saying he's better than Maguire, are you sure of this? Sure he'll become the better player, but is he really the better player currently?
Not sure if serious. There's a chance he will bench Bonucci. Maguire is not close to being at that level.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus

It's not the lack of domestic competition. This "curse" is from way back, when serie a was the best league in the world

KC91

Serie A being “weak” is such a tired moniker, maybe 6-8 years ago, but it surely doesn’t apply now.

Juventus winning 8 scudetto in a row speaks more to their quality than the leagues. They’d easily compete for the PL title year in year out, Napoli would be a consistent CL team if they played in the PL, and Inter would be top 6.

Great move for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.