Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

minh_loc_xoay

Just saw this on Reddit: De Ligt liked Rio's post.
Lads, it's on! This is what summer is about.

I am still a newbie with only 3 posts per day but I would always save at least one post of me for this thread everyday. This has the 2016 Pogba saga vibe all over again.
If we actually pull this off, we would be the first team to blow BOTH Real Madrid and Barcelona, the two Liga powerhouses out of the water in a span of 3 years. And we do them both with no Champions League football. This is the type of headline that make all our haters boiling and our fans believing again.

Go with the flow, Woodward! And the CAF will forgive your past failure. :keano:

VanGaalEra

Spoofex has apparently gotten more right than wrong. But he seems to polarize opinion :lol:

I am paying a bit more attention to what he has to say compared to other journalists now that he got the timing the James progress spot on. He always mentioned AWB is genuine, with Munier as back up but now he seems to have put his hat firmly AWB transfer now, claiming it may well be our first signing with the speed its progressing. If we do end up having him wrapped up swiftly enough it may add more credibility.

Every Journo or "ITK" will be doubted but I found his James leak a bit too good to write him off just yet.
Link please to this ITK on Reddit.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Barca also can't promise him a leading role in the team according to the extremely reliable rac1.
I don't think he will go to Barca in that case.

We're reported to have promised to make him our poster boy and will reward him well. I'm quite optimistic we could sway him.

Nucks

RT History Department
If this player comes to United it will only be because Raiola has convinced him / pushed him to come over to make more money. The agents are disinterested in the future of the players, the sporting project, the evolution of their career and their interest. How an agent can convince De Ligt to come here and not go to Barcelona? It's crazy!
I still think he'll go to Barcelona but Raiola wants to get a better offer and wages.
This would be the apotheosis of the art of these greedy agents who are far too important nowadays.
Going to a ready made winner, shows a lack of ambition in my opinion.

Go to Barcelona, a club that is and will continue to win La Liga constantly. Or go to a sleeping giant, and help be a catalyst for their return to glory? Where will you be a bigger legend? Which is a bigger accomplishment? It's the difference between being the architect of your own success, and piling on someone else's. United is a perfect club for this right now. We've got the money, we've got the global profile, we don't have the results. If you're a member, no, a driving force for the team that brings another Premier League title, you instantly become one of the biggest names in the clubs entire history, and by extension, due to Uniteds global stature, you become a legend of the game.

Go to Barcelona? It's a sure thing. No risk. Yea you are going to win a grip of La Liga titles over the course of your career, and maybe some CLs as well, obviously that's tempting, but if you're truly ambitious, if you truly believe in your ability, you're licking your lips at the prospect of helping to return United to elite status.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Cause both are leaders and would like organizing the defense in their own way.
I'm still struggling to understand what you mean. United had Rio and Vidic. Juve has Chellini and Bonucci. Liverpool had Carragher and Hyypia. I would argue it's a great thing to have 2 CBs with strong leadership qualities.

Unless they're prideful, attention seeking players they should be fine together at the club level.

Scholsey2004

Going to a ready made winner, shows a lack of ambition in my opinion.

Go to Barcelona, a club that is and will continue to win La Liga constantly. Or go to a sleeping giant, and help be a catalyst for their return to glory? Where will you be a bigger legend? Which is a bigger accomplishment? It's the difference between being the architect of your own success, and piling on someone else's. United is a perfect club for this right now. We've got the money, we've got the global profile, we don't have the results. If you're a member, no, a driving force for the team that brings another Premier League title, you instantly become one of the biggest names in the clubs entire history, and by extension, due to Uniteds global stature, you become a legend of the game.

Go to Barcelona? It's a sure thing. No risk. Yea you are going to win a grip of La Liga titles over the course of your career, and maybe some CLs as well, obviously that's tempting, but if you're truly ambitious, if you truly believe in your ability, you're licking your lips at the prospect of helping to return United to elite status.
Or if you're reeeaally ambitious you could go to Brentford, then you know if you've won anything it was because you were fecking fantastic.

SER19

This would be one signing surely everybody could get behind. He’s young and it’s lots of money and might end up blowing up in our face if we somehow pull it off, but he’s one of the best talents in Europe that we’d all mourn going elsewhere.

I’d see this as a huge accomplishment.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He seems downbeat over Barca's chances of signing De Ligt. Was very confident a few weeks back..

Sanche7

All these Spanish teams have cheerleaders, who glorify them and sing praises to them while we have fecks like Luckhurst, who despite working for the local city paper, love throwing shite at the club every chance he gets

WensleyMU

Apparently, back in 09 he claimed it was his dream to play in the as yet renamed, Europa League, twice.

Moiraine

Lads, it's on! This is what summer is about.

I am still a newbie with only 3 posts per day but I would always save at least one post of me for this thread everyday. This has the 2016 Pogba saga vibe all over again.
If we actually pull this off, we would be the first team to blow BOTH Real Madrid and Barcelona, the two Liga powerhouses out of the water in a span of 3 years. And we do them both with no Champions League football. This is the type of headline that make all our haters boiling and our fans believing again.

Go with the flow, Woodward! And the CAF will forgive your past failure. :keano:
Give this guy a promotion if we sign De-ligt :lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
If we could somehow sign this guy our defence would be transformed in an instant! De Ligt is the real deal.

This and a RB, which it does seem the club are in the market for and our defence is sorted.

Would have a good impact on midfield too, De Ligt martial’s everyone around him and is only 19! This is a great investment all round ... should be right up Woody’s Street so I can imagine he’s going all out for this one. Young and already very marketable. I don’t reckon this is as far fetched as some think.

Status
Not open for further replies.