Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownRiver

I honestly believe that if we were in the CL, this would not be as much of a contest.

If he comes, I don't think from his personality that it's about money like with most players. He will be convinced that he will be central to the future project and that we already have De Gea and Pogba as world class players. He will be in the spine of the team for many years.

Furthermore, many players who speak Spanish or French see La liga as the best league and Barca/Real Madrid as teams which would be the ultimate dream. Clearly, from his interview he is much more interested in the PL. Furthermore, he liked Rio's pic of the 2008 CL final team insta post, which just shows you how young he is that such a team is so prominent in his mind! I think his personality and conviction is worth £20m extra itself. This is the type of player Ole had expressed to get when explaining the type of players he wants:
‘We want the player with the right quality and the right personality.

‘That’s all my life I’ve always believed in human beings and what drives people. What makes you successful in the end.

‘Driven by money or fame they are not right for Manchester United – or my team. It was the same in Molde, Cardiff and now here.
We are just extremely lucky that all the top teams already have excellent CBs and so don't need to a new CB. Barca are restricted as they can't lay off their players. It is written in the Muppet stars to get him.

desirere

I personaly don't care how much we pay him or how old he is, hoarding on top top hungry for trophies young talent will create a healthy atmosphere in the dressing room, with young men with the same goal, to succeed. Someone as vocal and talented as De Ligt would be the key piece, the captain. I hope the board does everything in their power, though I still doubt it will happen.

My friend who is from Amsterdam and Ajax fan, sent me a msg three days ago with some tweet with de ligt and "he's yours", even before this shitestorm. I am having a difficult time fighting my muppet demons guys... Im sticking to the "he's using us for a better deal".for now

izec

They are a bit weird, at one point they could afford Messi, Neymar, Suarez's wages but now they are struggling for Frenkie and De Ligts.
Messi and Suarez are still on high wages, especially Messi. Add to that Coutinho and Dembele are probably also on some nice money after their mega moves. Then Ter Stegen, Rakitic, Pique, Alba etc.. all players i imagine getting decent money. I can see why they dont or cant spend huge sums on some youngsters anymore. They hope to convince them to join their club through the name, it worked with Frenkie, who i suppose is a huge Barca fan, but De Ligt seems to be more balanced.

cyberman

Holy shit these La Liga watchers are in need of a reality check.
Making out you only go to Utd for money. They're spending money like nobodys business and are below the elite as well.

Infestissumam

could turn into a very interesting decision. Barcelona not bending backwards in front of Raiola and standing by their offer shows that they are not that desperate for him, and they also count on De Ligt wanting to join them so much that he leaves some money on the table. But I think that's far from a given ... if reports about his preference of Premier League over La Liga are true and he's interested in becoming Uniteds face during this rebuild, I think United have a genuine chance.

the pessimist in me thinks Raiola is just doing Raiola things though, trying to squeeze out every penny from Barcelona.

Gasolin

He seems to have that Duncan Edwarss feel about him.

Maybe its his stature and age and how promising his potential is.

He could be the man that Duncan Edwards would have been and lead us to glory again.
I’ve not seen that much of De Ligt but à Duncan Edward would have better ball control than most players on the pitch... you really put De Ligt in that category mate?!?

Member 93275

"Only about the money"

De Ligt is a boss, not a mercenary. Because he's a boss he hired a boss to complete the best possible deal. But where ever he goes he will live for it. Neither Barca, United or wherever he goes will need to worry about that.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I won't believe this for one minute until I see him at OT, holding a Utd jersey aloft...

.... but when I see that I'm fully committed to ripping my cock clean off!

Gasolin

could turn into a very interesting decision. Barcelona not bending backwards in front of Raiola and standing by their offer shows that they are not that desperate for him, and they also count on De Ligt wanting to join them so much that he leaves some money on the table. But I think that's far from a given ... if reports about his preference of Premier League over La Liga are true and he's interested in becoming Uniteds face during this rebuild, I think United have a genuine chance.

the pessimist in me thinks Raiola is just doing Raiola things though, trying to squeeze out every penny from Barcelona.
Last time we had that for Pogba vs Real, we ended up with the guy... so I’m all for Raiola making the Spanish clubs sweat. Don’t think you can save money on talent, pay or stand down.

Macern

Pee pee pants
De Ligt is two-footed and actually was responsible for our build-up a lot last season when opposition were nullifying De Jong (as the other centreback) by ganging up on him. He was actually a midfielder until 4 years ago, see:

Also as I showed earlier:

and

and

and
and
etc
Oh my god. I rated him so highly and now I rate him even higher. It’ll be unbearable if he ends up going to another club.

Red Daz

Just read every page from page 81 , better entertainment than breaking bad .

Pants officially off

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Just catching-up here - what are we thinking: Mino has been dropping our name to Barca in order to increase their wage offer, someone at Barca (or Mino himself) has informed someone reliable in the Catalan press, and now everyone is jumping on it despite the player having zero actual intention of going anywhere but Barca - sound about right?

Red00012

Just catching-up here - what are we thinking: Mino has been dropping our name to Barca in order to increase their wage offer, someone at Barca (or Mino himself) has informed someone reliable in the Catalan press, and now everyone is jumping on it despite the player having zero actual intention of going anywhere but Barca - sound about right?
Ya pretty much this.

binary bot
They are a bit weird, at one point they could afford Messi, Neymar, Suarez's wages but now they are struggling for Frenkie and De Ligts.
They signed Dembele and Coutinho. If the fees are anything to go by then they're on big wages along with 10 or so other top players. Messi is a certainty to be on something astronomical. Id be shocked if they can get anywhere near our offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.