Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
He's playing his best hands and trying to see if he can please both Pogba and United. I hope we give up on De Ligt OR we get both, even if it means handling a new contract to Paul.
I'm with you. Can't bear the thought of losing Pogba.

Raiola must be a helluva poker player

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Juventus would like to =/= deal will be completed by
Yeah fair enough, although I do remember reading somewhere that they hope to unveil him on the 1st

ekestubbe

Yeah fair enough, although I do remember reading somewhere that they hope to unveil him on the 1st
I think even Scunthorpe United are hoping to unveil De Ligt as a new signing. It doesn't make it very likely.

anant

I think even Scunthorpe United are hoping to unveil De Ligt as a new signing. It doesn't make it very likely.
Dafaq! Its obviously implied realistic hope not blind faith
Edit: Alos great way of using one of your posts for the day :)

ekestubbe

Dafaq! Its obviously implied realistic hope not blind faith
Edit: Alos great way of using one of your posts for the day :)
Well, it was my 2nd post since beginning of May, so I think I'll manage.

Wheato

There isn't the same amount of money sloshing around in Serie A. Which is why they are struggling to get the big money deals over the line. We are being played the same tune with Lukaku, but offering 55m for De Ligt is just funny. I hope they walk away from the table.

LoneStar

Talented player, but no thanks. Seems very greedy and his agent doesn't need any introductions.

Sterling Archer

That is odd. Was it him that was making the bitchy comments about De Ligt choosing us last month?
Yup.. or at least it was one of his mouthpieces.

I think De Ligt fancies us and the challenge. My worry is that Woodward is going to screw this up and that Raiola is putting pressure on Ed

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't care how talented he is, we should stay away from Raiola at all costs.
I'm pleased that this came to nothing. We should cut all ties with Raiola.
I hear you guys but most players will be signing up with him (younger ones) sooner rather than later.

Then again there are clubs like everyone else in England, Madrid, Bayern etc that don't get involved with that agent.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's gonna sign for us and turn out crap, gut feeling.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep, he will be here 12 months and have a physique like the old Newcastle striker Micky Quinn. Have you seen the size of his dad?
Yeah exactly, if he gets in with Shaw he'll weigh 30 stone by the time the season starts.

ColvaleGoa

I just wish this thread was locked up..tired is seeing the name De ligt. Sign for somebody you daft So and so.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Just look at that wild lot headed by that crazy youngster JLingz (by the way, not sure if this pic is Photoshop or real but either way, it's a terrifying image):
Seriously cannot wait for the day this twat leaves our club. Ugh

Nucks

RT History Department
Seriously cannot wait for the day this twat leaves our club. Ugh
I don't care much about goofball antics, but, when side stuff starts to interfere with the actual job, I think it's a problem, and it seems pretty clear that the temptations of social media has impacted a lot of younger players. Since I'm completely not involved in social media, I don't know if this is true, but de Ligt seems like a rather serious young man, and while I am sure he is on social media since pretty much everyone under the age of 30 lives on it, the impression I get is that it doesn't rule his life, like it clearly rules some of our players lives.

redshaw

Not only is Raiola a problem but this kid is so hyped now that if things don't turn to gold for him at OT quickly we'll be publicly pressured to sell him on the cheap so he can "develop" and I'm sure he'll be trying to move anyway. We don't need the de Ligt leaving circus each window in a rebuild.

There's always a chance it could work but we tried with Di Maria and Pogba.

The Dugarry comments about Juve if true are just a taster of what we'll get without him kicking a ball.

Of course all hypothetical that we're one of the contenders for his signature. I don't think we are.

zkap

Supports
Barça
It's odd what's going on with De Ligt. It looked certain he was going to Juventus, now Bartomeu with that statement the other day...

Objectively, just looking at De Ligt and his future, I think his best choice is Juventus. As much as I'd like him to sign for Barça, Juventus seems to be the better environment right now. I don't blame De Ligt for taking this long to decide, it's a big decision and he's obviously weighing his options, otherwise he could have just signed for PSG for the most money. I think De Ligt should be looking at a move that will help him develop the most as a player. Provided he plays in a strong team (which is basically any of his suitors), he should be going to the team that has the best manager, which will ultimately help him improve the most. Of all his suitors, it seems to me that Juventus are by far the strongest in the coaching department so it would definitely be a good choice just based on that alone.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nobita knows feck all, he's just doubling down on what he said back in April to make it seem as though he isn't as clueless as the next guy.

And just to prove that point, you can interpret those words however you want. Italian journos for example decided to run with bartomeu's words confirm De Ligt is going to juventus

onemanarmy

Wouldnt be surprised if Ratola brokers a De Ligt move to us and gets Pogba his move elsewhere in return.
Exactly my idea. With the promise to De Ligt he’ll get to develop here, earn a lot of money and be able to go to Barcelona in 3 years time.

Ashes1396

Seeing as we're talking to Raiola anyway about Pogba, he might as well make good with Old Trafford and bring in De Ligt for us.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Surely not coming here, William Hill odds on him joining Man Utd are now 16/1. Odds on joining Juventus 4/11. Why don't they just get it over with. Meanwhile, 256 pages on this thread and some still believe he's coming. It is a bit pitiful.

anant

Wouldnt be surprised if Ratola brokers a De Ligt move to us and gets Pogba his move elsewhere in return.
Exactly what is going to happen as well. Said this earlier as well, the only way Raiola can take Pog off us without burning bridges with the club is if he offers someone like De Ligt in return

Status
Not open for further replies.