Matthijs De Ligt

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Now we're talking. Pogba can get his move, and "support" his friend anytime he wants. And we get a wonderful wonderful CB in returns.

Andersons Dietician

I’m going to file This under absolute nonsense. There is not a chance that after 1 season Juventus sell one of the best young CB talents in the world even if his first season has been a little shaky.

Teja

I'll take De Ligt + 40M for Pogba.

Incidentaly, how has has De Ligt done at Juve? Radio silence about his performances (good or bad) on Reddit / Other footy news sites. I take it he's been playing and doing acceptably well then.

mu4c_20le

I’m going to file This under absolute nonsense. There is not a chance that after 1 season Juventus sell one of the best young CB talents in the world even if his first season has been a little shaky.
He isn't first choice and most likely won't be again once football resumes and that Turkish lad recovers from his knee injury. I don't really believe this either, but it's an interesting rumour.

Champagne Football

The original source is The Daily Star. James Robson should actually be banned on here as he just recycles any nonsense that was written in some dodgy tabloid hours earlier.

This story is a non starter and complete BS for so many reasons.

lsd

The Oracle
What happened to people not wanting another Raiola player ?

Good player. Raiola at both ends. That would be fun.
More seriously, it is probably the only way that Juve could afford to buy Pogba back. Particularly, post coronavirus.

Last edited:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
So De Ligt, Sancho, Kane, Mutidi, Oussuma Dembele, Koulibaly, Giovanni Di Lorenzo, Sandro Tonali, Donny Van de Beek, Edinson Cavani, Jude Bellingham and Thomas Lemar

A full football team and 1 substitute.

I'll take Famous FFP violations for 2000, Alex

sport2793

Multiple writers have broke the De Ligt news. Clearly a Woodward brief, not just Robson.

RkkMan

The original source is The Daily Star. James Robson should actually be banned on here as he just recycles any nonsense that was written in some dodgy tabloid hours earlier.

This story is a non starter and complete BS for so many reasons.
The origin was actually Ogden and Chris Wheeler has reported it too, but I`m also a bit skeptical over how true the story is.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd take this, potentially even as a straight swap with Pogba who you then replace with a Grealish and we'd be a lot stronger team for it

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not a fan of us signing players who have rejected us in the past, especially when it was less than a year ago.

mu4c_20le

Not a fan of us signing players who have rejected us in the past, especially when it was less than a year ago.
We were also in for Sancho when he wanted out of city, it just wasn't leaked/briefed to the media in a high profile saga like this one.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We were also in for Sancho when he wanted out of city, it just wasn't leaked/briefed to the media in a high profile saga like this one.
Slightly different circumstances though, Sancho left for first team football and would be coming here having proven himself.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd take this, potentially even as a straight swap with Pogba who you then replace with a Grealish and we'd be a lot stronger team for it
If De Ligt would drop his agent I'd welcome it.

Stadjer

He's been crap at Juve hasn't he?
No he hasnt been crap at Juve. He had a very weird start where it looked like he had a magnet in his hand and every ball fell on his hand. After that he has been pretty good actually. A not so perfect start was to be expected. Different country, different club philosophy and he is still very young.

NoPace

De Ligt + Ramsey?
Even with Ramsey's injury issues and age, we need a backup 10 so badly and could maybe keep him healthy and fresh and get a lot out of him as the main backup to Bruno and playing alongside him a fair amount too, though I'd just sign Grealish instead and pay for it by selling off Lingard and Pereira and getting the 20-30M from Juve instead of the Ramsey fee.

But yeah, even if we can do that and can then sign Sancho, a DM an LB that would be a great summer.

Martial-Greenwood
Sancho-Rashford-James
Bruno-Ramsey
Fred-DM-McTominay-Matic
Shaw-WanBissaka-LB-Dalot-Williams
Maguire-DeLigt-Lindelof-Bailly-Tuanzebe
DeGea-Romero

Honestly, unless we feck up this summer badly I'm optimistic about next year. Greenwood, Martial. James, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire and Fred have shown enough this year to feel good about them being in the 16-18 guys who play a ton list, and Bruno looks a star. Not a lot of duds on that list if we can sign the 3-5 guys we need.

But 2 for 1 swaps never happen. Also I assume the transfer market will be shaped by a few teams doing Monaco in 2017 or whenever style sell offs of their best players as a few millionaires look to raise 100-200M for other business quickly

sport2793

More likely the fat man pissed that he is losing commissions due to coronavirus wage cuts at Juventus.
I actually think there could be some truth to this, either from Raiola himself or De Ligt having to hand back some of his wages. Either way, I don't think CB is a high priority in the next transfer window so not a big deal imo.

lsd

The Oracle
The difference here is that we are getting rid of one for someone that should be less disrupting

Are we ? He already rejected us and has shown little sign of wanting to fit in at Juventus

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Him and Maguire would be a great partnership. They are quite similar in their leadership qualities and as laughable as it is, De Ligt could learn quite a bit from Maguire in respect of that. Would form a solid pairing and then Maguire could be eased out and De Light becomes the top CB with another partner after a couple of years.

In a hypothetical scenario if you could swap Pogba and De Ligt, I think you need De Ligt more than Pogba. That's based on Fernandes' form so far (which I realise has been short term for you). Then spend a bit of money on another midfielder.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not to be too negative but can anyone really be arsed with another Raiola player? The second a half decent team shows interest in him we'll have the same circus all over again.

Based Adnan

He is on an utterly ridiculous contract at Juve which would make him one of the best paid players at the club if we just matched it let alone beat it. Not to mention on top of the ridiculous salary he negotiated in a release clause in the 3rd year into his Juve contract. Would cost a stupid amount in terms of transfer fee + contract price and he's not worth it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Demiral looks the real star from what I’ve seen.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The media should move on from this at this point. Chiellini & Bonucci are ageing. They signed him to get the replacement, there is no reason for them to sell him in any soon unless if we almost triple the price they paid on the fees then I can see chance to happen.

It could still be possible to convince Juventus with other method by making swap deal with Pogba but doesn't mean we can convince the player himself to join us, and it'll be Dybala's situation all over again.

Let's calm our tits out at this point. Might happen in 3-5 years but not at this point.

SAFMUTD

I recall hearing he was particulary good in italy? I wouldnt break the bank for him specially considering Riaola is his agent. Also we have looked decent with Maguire and Lindelof in the back without mentioning we have Bailly and Tuanzabe as backups. CB shouldnt be a priority this summer.