Matthijs De Ligt

Status
Not open for further replies.

::sonny::

Raiola: “He is ready to leave Juve, time for a next step”.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Apparently Juve are looking €150 million for him. :houllier:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Unfortunately I don't think we're the next step he has in mind.

Gazza

How’s he doing? I don’t follow Serie A so I don’t have much idea about how he’s developed since he broke through

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
When I see this it makes me not want haaland.

arthurka

How’s he doing? I don’t follow Serie A so I don’t have much idea about how he’s developed since he broke through
A mixed bag really, some really good games others where he has looked nothing like an elite prospect.
I think he would struggle in the PL because he lacks pace he is just not explosive at all.
For the price that is mentioned he isn't anywhere near that price tag, I cant say it out loud but he reminds me a bit of our Harry.

I would stay away from Raiola and his players, overpriced and disruptive.

Gazza

A mixed bag really, some really good games others where he has looked nothing like an elite prospect.
I think he would struggle in the PL because he lacks pace he is just not explosive at all.
For the price that is mentioned he isn't anywhere near that price tag, I cant say it out loud but he reminds me a bit of our Harry.

I would stay away from Raiola and his players, overpriced and disruptive.
cheers, thanks for that. Chimes with the vague sense I had that he hasn’t quite lived up to the expectations at Juve

RUCK4444

This is just Raiola being Raiola.

That said I’m surprised is De Ligt isn’t favoured by Juve to be stepping into the old timers shoes, their CB’s are old, no?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Judging him from the NT and CL, he seems to have regressed in some areas. He has tried very hard to become a hard man defender and is less polished than he was at Ajax. Sometimes too agressive and not as good on the ball.

He has developed in physique and experience. Juve would be asking crazy money, he will run his contract down and move to La Liga/PL.

Abraxas

Not worth getting involved with at all with Raiola involved. You pay extortionate money and then have no idea if he'll sign another contract because the agent is across the matter.

SAFMUTD

Apparently Juve are looking €150 million for him. :houllier:
His stock has come down surely, two and a half years ago he was the captain and leader of an Ajax team that went on to UCL semifinals at just 19.

Now onto his third season in serie A I don't think he has improved at all, of anything he has regressed. That doesn't mean he lost his world-class potential status but 150M? Yeah good luck with that.

He's even lost his place in the national team to de Vrij.

I'm thinking 70M tops.

Last edited:

Crimson King

I just wouldn't because of Raiola, he extracts so much from a transfer they're very rarely worth it.

Unless you're one of the 'stepping stones', like BvB have been for Haaland, then it's just too much hassle.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is why we should never touch another Raiola client. They literally stay for 2 years then try to force themselves out and move onto the next step.

It's not like De Ligt has even been that good :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This is why we should never touch another Raiola client. They literally stay for 2 years then try to force themselves out and move onto the next step.

It's not like De Ligt has even been that good :lol:
Not that it is actually the case but would you say that it's different to other players that are climbing the ranks of Football?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not that it is actually the case but would you say that it's different to other players that are climbing the ranks of Football?
Climbing? he's at the biggest club in Italy. He only moved there a very short time ago, and is hardly playing out of his skin and demanding the world to buy him.

Obviously if he's not happy there then fair enough move on, but it just seems the case with every Raiola client. If he'd have joined us instead of Maguire that year I bet he'd be doing the same thing here too.

Gfooty

Great deal for 2022 (pogba, haaland, de ligt), 100 million of commission
Good thing FIFA are looking into limiting an agents maximum fees. Of course oil money clubs will still pay him extra under the table but I'd say its good news for all the other clubs (and players)

MUFC OK

Standard Raiola.

The Business Model -
  1. Broker transfer to wealthy club (large agent bonus) - include low release clause if possible.
  2. 3 years later - “my client is ready for a new challenge/wants to leave”
  3. Another wealthy club signs player - large agents fee included.
  4. Rinse and repeat.
(If 3 is not possible, run down contract and command a larger agent fee as no transfer fee involved).

Basically Zlatan’s entire career. Must surely be his favourite client ever.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Only 22 while CBs usually enter ther prime in the late 20s, came through the Ajax ranks since a kid and led them domestically and abroad at 19, then spent 3 “university” years in the most tactical league around under the very crafted company of Chiellini and Bonucci… how is he not worth £100m, as a long term investment? Chelsea will knock at the door for sure again and Mino is just starting to test waters. This is the Pogba sort of transfer Mino always creams about, and you can be sure there will be more than one uber rich team interested in buying, again.

JPRouve

Scout
Climbing? he's at the biggest club in Italy. He only moved there a very short time ago, and is hardly playing out of his skin and demanding the world to buy him.

Obviously if he's not happy there then fair enough move on, but it just seems the case with every Raiola client. If he'd have joined us instead of Maguire that year I bet he'd be doing the same thing here too.
He is in a club that is in turmoil and has an uncertain future due to actions that are beyond Football. It would be extremely strange if he wasn't thinking about his future and if he was clinging to the "biggest club in Italy" idea. But you didn't really answer my question is that different to other players with different agents.

Standard Raiola.

The Business Model -
  1. Broker transfer to wealthy club (large agent bonus) - include low release clause if possible.
  2. 3 years later - “my client is ready for a new challenge/wants to leave”
  3. Another wealthy club signs player - large agents fee included.
  4. Rinse and repeat.
(If 3 is not possible, run down contract and command a larger agent fee as no transfer fee involved).

Basically Zlatan’s entire career. Must surely be his favourite client ever.
Zlatan's career trajectory has little to do with being with Raiola. Ibrahimovic career makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that he started in a small league, the only thing that made saw him move more than it should have are calciopoli, his poor relationship with Guardiola and finally Berlusconi not bankrolling Milan which forced to sell all the big earners.

babablue

Only 22 while CBs usually enter ther prime in the late 20s, came through the Ajax ranks since a kid and led them domestically and abroad at 19, then spent 3 “university” years in the most tactical league around under the very crafted company of Chiellini and Bonucci… how is he not worth £100m, as a long term investment? Chelsea will knock at the door for sure again and Mino is just starting to test waters. This is the Pogba sort of transfer Mino always creams about, and you can be sure there will be more than one uber rich team interested in buying, again.
Yet despite that, you seem to be happy for him to leave?

MUFC OK

This is the Pogba sort of transfer Mino always creams about, and you can be sure there will be more than one uber rich team interested in buying, again.
Mino will be plotting his moves aged 23, 26, 29 and 32 (maybe even 35). Average of say €15-20m for himself each time.

MUFC OK

Zlatan's career trajectory has little to do with being with Raiola. Ibrahimovic career makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that he started in a small league, the only thing that made saw him move more than it should have are calciopoli, his poor relationship with Guardiola and finally Berlusconi not bankrolling Milan which forced to sell all the big earners.
Really? Seems like the architype to me. There’s always an excuse for leaving - the bloke stirs up division and cashes in on it time and again. The fact all of his clients careers are following this pattern should tell you something.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Yet despite that, you seem to be happy for him to leave?
It is what it is with Mino, we knew that already since day 1, and our all-in has been a bust. He would bring us another couple of teenagers for the next iteration (Gravenberch is being touted these days), though. And De Ligt’s fee would hopefully get us a more prolific centre forward, like Higuain five years ago.

JPRouve

Scout
Really? Seems like the architype to me. There’s always an excuse for leaving - the bloke stirs up division and cashes in on it time and again. The fact all of his clients careers are following this pattern should tell you something.
None of his other clients have a similar pattern, Ibrahimovic was the clear exception, the archetype would actually be someone like Nedved, Grygera or Maxwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.