Matthijs De Ligt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
There were already links but no one post them here since no one believe it. Ironically, more people post it in FDJ thread even though there is better chance of De Ligt leaves Juventus than FDJ leaves Barcelona since De Ligt only has 2 years left in his contract and his fat cnut agent is looking for new club right now.
To be fair de jong kinda makes sense for us with pogba leaving, also some journos in Spain are pushing this while de jong thing whichever me to believe there is a small amount of credence to it, I think barca will give out if the right offer came to them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair de jong kinda makes sense for us with pogba leaving, also some journos in Spain are pushing this while de jong thing whichever me to believe there is a small amount of credence to it, I think barca will give out if the right offer came to them.
I personally don't see how a player who has been dreaming to play for Barcelona would leave Barcelona as long as he plays regularly which currently he is and I also personally don't see how Barcelona thinking to sell him when he could replace Busquets role when the guy retires or leaves. On the other hand, De Ligt won't sign a new deal (well according to his agent or something), which gives higher chance that Juventus might have to sell him this summer to get good value out of him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I personally don't see how a player who has been dreaming to play for Barcelona would leave Barcelona as long as he plays regularly which currently he is and I also personally don't see how Barcelona thinking to sell him when he could replace Busquets role when the guy retires or leaves. On the other hand, De Ligt won't sign a new deal (well according to his agent or something), which gives higher chance that Juventus might have to sell him this summer to get good value out of him.
As I said its a very small chance, but wanting to play for barca won't stop them from binning you(Arthur for example), also everyone says it's their dream to play for a club and what not.
But yeah you're assessment is valid, its very unlikely.
De ligt on the other hand while gettable doesn't suit us at the moment so I doubt there is much interest from the club to go for him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No to this guy but yes to FDJ. We can get better defenders for less than what Juve demands. Not even considering what Mino would demand.

A player like FDJ isn't available in the market.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
As I said its a very small chance, but wanting to play for barca won't stop them from binning you(Arthur for example), also everyone says it's their dream to play for a club and what not.
But yeah you're assessment is valid, its very unlikely.
De ligt on the other hand while gettable doesn't suit us at the moment so I doubt there is much interest from the club to go for him.
But Arthur wasn't regular at Barcelona at that time so Barcelona had right to get rid of player who can't play regular, while FDJ is currently their regular player, the comparison only makes sense if FDJ is not regular right now. And also Barcelona were under Bartomeu at that time, not anymore now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
But Arthur wasn't regular at Barcelona at that time so Barcelona had right to get rid of player who can't play regular, while FDJ is currently their regular player, the comparison only makes sense if FDJ is not regular right now. And also Barcelona were under Bartomeu at that time, not anymore now.
Don't squash my dreams :(
There is a small opening however small, if there was ever a chance to get fdj it would be now.
Also he is not as happy in barca as it may seem, fans don't like him that much and I still think they're financially strained, they also haven't been able to fit him in the midfield properly, yet.
Anyway better not derail his compatriots thread , the fdj thread is already getting a lot of activity .

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Don't squash my dreams :(
There is a small opening however small, if there was ever a chance to get fdj it would be now.
Also he is not as happy in barca as it may seem, fans don't like him that much and I still think they're financially strained, they also haven't been able to fit him in the midfield properly, yet.
Anyway better not derail his compatriots thread , the fdj thread is already getting a lot of activity .
:lol: alright mate. I always feel bad and guilty when I accidentally destroy people's dream.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hasn't he been a bit crap for Juve anyway?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Too slow.
Still, looked decent next do an even slower Daley Blind. In an EtH system. Personally I think he is too similar too the players we got, lacking pace and agility. Maybe if we sell Lindelor or Maguire?!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Are we gonna be linked with every current and former Ajax player?
Yes.

Too slow.
Agreed. We should be going after centre backs with a similar profile as Van Dijk and Konate: Fast and powerful. Someone like Bailly but with good decision-making, positional awareness through the phases of play and a solid injury record.

Hasn't he been a bit crap for Juve anyway?
He hasn't been that bad. However, nobody at Juve would shedding tears if he left. That being said I'd struggle to make a case for any of our centre backs, besides Varane, being as good as him. That, in and of itself, is embarrassing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Juve would demand atleast 75m . There are players for better price.

Bwuk

De Ligt is a leader our backline doesn't have.

Offer Chelsea Maguire for Ziyech and re-unite the band.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I could get on board with this muppetry very easily.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's decent, but he hasn't developed as many expected. If it wasn't for his Ajax season, I don't think any top clubs would be looking to buy him from Juve.
I want De Jong here but isn't that the same with him?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d prefer to pick up Ndicka for cheap. If Maguire can somehow be shifted for good money, then we have to go after Gvardiol.

SAFMUTD

I want De Jong here but isn't that the same with him?
Yes, basically every player from that Ajax group has failed to live up to the expectations.

Ziyech, VdB, De Jong and De Ligt. Problem with De Jong and De Ligt is that since they were the crown jewels and pretty much a "certain thing" they're top earners and they're not worth it IMO.

Spending 70M+ for either De Ligt or De Jong wouldnt be the smartest idea, but if ten Hag wants them let's deliver. Full support for the new manager.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yes, basically every player from that Ajax group has failed to live up to the expectations.

Ziyech, VdB, De Jong and De Ligt. Problem with De Jong and De Ligt is that since they were the crown jewels and pretty much a "certain thing" they're top earners and they're not worth it IMO.

Spending 70M+ for either De Ligt or De Jong wouldnt be the smartest idea, but if ten Hag wants them let's deliver. Full support for the new manager.
If only they could play under the manager who made them function as good as they were back then. Pipe dream.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I havent seen him near as much to be fair.

I'll follow others and call him fat I guess

SAFMUTD

If only they could play under the manager who made them function as good as they were back then. Pipe dream.
Hopefully we can get cheaper players to function like that. With so many holes in the squad paying 70M+ for players with huge wages that haven't lived up to the expectations it's a huge gamble.

Jibbs

I’d prefer to pick up Ndicka for cheap. If Maguire can somehow be shifted for good money, then we have to go after Gvardiol.
Get both DeLigt and Ndicka. Sell Maguire, Bailly, Tyanzebe and Jones. I wouldn’t mind selling Varane either. Start fresh,

Status
Not open for further replies.